PDA

View Full Version : Basic Timeline

elinox
March 27th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Thought I'd post a basic timeline for this project. I will edit this as we go along.

Idea proposed here (http://www.werelist.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32619)

Community input here (http://www.werelist.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32625)

Committee created and behind the scenes initiated via Google Docs for editing purposes.

Open submission call -to be announced on various forums, websites and individual authors non-Werelist to be contacted.

Close of submissions

Editing begins by the committee.

Progress shared with the community periodically.

Editing continues by the committee.

Layout and final editing phase and putting it all together by the committee.

Ultimately available via e-book, hopefully in print form too.

elinox
April 30th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Update: The deadline for submissions is July 15, 2013

So far we've gotten about 15 pieces submitted and the committee has accepted several of them.

elinox
July 16th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Submissions are now closed.

The committee is continuing to wade through the submissions and suggest edits on various pieces.

elinox
September 19th, 2013, 03:49 PM
First round of edits have been completed, now we're working on finalizing the entry list as there are still a few pieces as yet to be decided on including/not including. Then, more edits before we begin the formatting phase.

Akhila
October 7th, 2013, 12:32 PM
How are things going at this point?

yourdeer
October 7th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Editing phase has moved into copy-editing - not sure how long that will take, but it is probably the most time-consuming step left. After that, it will be a matter of formatting and choosing the order that the works will be presented in, how chapter divisions will be implemented, and so forth.

Akhila
November 4th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hey! :)

Any news about the project?

elinox
November 4th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Currently, we're still working on it. I believe we're in the deeper phase of copy-editing right now. After that's finished, we'll start organizing how the collection will be put together.

Don't worry, we're still working on this project! We're just making sure its awesome before publication, so it's taking awhile. ;)

Akhila
January 15th, 2014, 01:11 PM
*Pokes project.*

yourdeer
January 15th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks, Akhila. :3
Copy editing is getting pretty close to done! We've been working on it steadily but very slowly, but we're getting near to a point where we can send out final copy-edited drafts of the essays to authors for final approval of all changes made (or implementation of suggested changes that require feedback). I'm hoping to get emails out to authors by mid-February at latest.
After that, I think we're on to formatting, arranging selections, and fun stuff like that...finally!

Akhila
January 15th, 2014, 06:21 PM
I'm so excited!

cheetah
January 15th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Yes!

Was just thinking about the project today; it's great to hear that progress is still being made.

elinox
January 16th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Ditto what Akhila and cheetah said. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help this stage!

yourdeer
January 16th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Will do! :)

yourdeer
February 14th, 2014, 05:29 PM
All copy-edits and requests for author info have been sent out to everyone whose essays were accepted! Looking forward to hearing back from everyone. :)

elinox
January 16th, 2015, 05:21 PM
We're coming down to the final stretch! I'm currently working on putting this into publication on CreateSpace.

elinox
December 8th, 2015, 12:10 PM
I swear this project is NOT dead! It's just hit a few snags, which yourdeer and I have had to work through/around. Plus, ya know, life threw us each some curve balls recently...

Anyway, I'm happy to announce that Under the Skin is now awaiting it's final proofing/approval from CreateSpace. Once it's approved, I can go through the final setup and get this up for sales!

cheetah
December 8th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Great to hear!