Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Collars

Talking Collars

I recall, from some time ago that there was a thread about collars. (A search has indicated that said thread has fallen in to the void.) ... So I thought I'd work my magical powers of reiteration and conjure it back and. Poof. Here it is. Oh, wow would you look at that?

I know a lot of people who have different lifestyles wear collars. And even some normal people enjoy wearing collars. ... I don't place myself in a specific category, but I do wear a collar from time to time.

Some part of me likes the collar; the other part is sort of... remembrance for my passed dog. I wear his tags on a thin brown leather collar I have. (You can see it in this image: Summer: '08 - Collar.)

Aside that, being my favorite one; I own like three others. A bright lime green one I never wear that I just have for whatever reason. A small blue one with stars and a moon on it that belonged to my mum's smaller dog. (It got too 'old' so I took it 'cause she got him a new one.) And I still have my passed dog's red/silver striped collar.)

So in the spirit of the old thread; why do you wear a collar? What significance does it hold with you? Or do you just like to wear them for the heck of it?

I used to wear a collar just for the irony of it... thinking I was a wolf at the time and that I couldn't be trained, hur hur.

Then for a while I wore a chain that belonged to my dog after he died.

Now I still have the original collar... but that um... gets used sparingly and for activities no one need mention.
    "Mr. Raccoon! Mr. Raccoon! Can't you play with me somehow? [FONT="Garamond"]No I can't, I am eating dinner now.[/FONT] What's for dinner? I want some. [FONT="Garamond"]I am eating pickled plums.[/FONT] Can't I have a little crumb? [FONT="Garamond"]Don't be such a greedy bum, get your own[/FONT]."- Pom Poko

I wear a collar because I am in the M/s life style (which is probably considered mature so I can't go in depth about it).
    It symbolizes that I belong to David, especially because he picked it out, not me. It's the only one I'm currently allowed to wear, but he's going to get me a thinner one for my birthday to just wear while lounging around the house, or at fancy events where my current collar would be too bulky.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]I would prefer if you called me Nini.
    I am hoping to have my username changed, but it has yet to happen.
    [/FONT]

somewhere outside of Forsheda -> jönköpings Län -> Sweden

i own two collars
    one that i bought myself, which i can be seen wearing in most pictures over here

and i have the one Fox, my non-biological brother gave me as a present ^^

if i had to pick one over the other, i'd pick the second one, purely for its emotional value.. unfortunately, i barely get the chance to wear it, since im sorta scared of what my parents will tell me when they see me walking around in a collar i never bought ^^;;
    (PS: i know the pictures are bad, but hey. they're simple product pictures :P)

im also gonna buy a third one, this one without any attachments like rings for a more simple and casual feel

and as to why i wear them, i dont know. i just like them i suppose ^^, though there are more reasons, such as a punk symbol, i wear them as to say "we're free, as long as we do as we're told" but i think i used those exact words before :P.. some other reasons too, but none really worth listing.
    Last edited by slyfor; March 3rd, 2009 at 02:05 PM.

hen I was young and in my 'im the moodiest goth in town' phase I wore a lot of black leather collars with massive spiks, but that was before I had fully awakened so had nothing to do with my therianthropy.
    As got older the spikes got smaller and the collars worn less and less often.
    Now i wear a choke chain style permanently (it doesn't tighten like a choke chain, it just looks like one.) But that isn't related to my therianthropy either... but as this isn't the mature area, im guessing it would be unwise to go into that too much.
    Comfortable in your own skin[FONT=Book Antiqua]...?[/FONT]

I don't like collars so I don't wear them. Partly because I think they're too restrictive on my neck and also partly because I'm a wild wolf, not a tame one!

I do, however, wear the same two necklaces all the time. I guess they could be considered my "collars" as I never take them off, but they're not technically collars.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, The 10th Kingdom
    Seawolf = wolf/werewolf & mermaid

Blog Entries

I used to wear a thin, simple black collar, I had a couple of different ones. Nowadays I'm too careful about what people will think about me. This doesn't really have to do with my therianthropy, it's mostly something I picked up from my CATS fandom. I think it looks good. I seem to have lost my favorite collar, the ones left are not as comfortable.

Hm... maybe it did have something to do with my therianthropy, it was a way of hinting that I am canine.

I also have a dog collar which is actually too big for me, but I use it in some games that would be better discussed in the mature area.

I like collars but I don't really get a chance to wear them anymore (partly because my folks won't shut up about trying to force me into conformity), and at this point my increased awareness of my phantom hood would likely make it annoying.

Even so, there's still a part of me that like the ones with spikes on them, though at this point I'd be more inclined to put someone else in a collar (ever tried to take a cat for a walk? Me neither) than to be led around by mine.
    Sevenfoldist, aspiring tattoo artist, genderfluid, and possibly a sea serpent. I'm not on much but you're welcome to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    I don't like collars so I don't wear them. Partly because I think they're too restrictive on my neck and also partly because I'm a wild wolf, not a tame one!

I do, however, wear the same two necklaces all the time. I guess they could be considered my "collars" as I never take them off, but they're not technically collars.
    yeah i hate them i tried it but...it just felt like being chained up or something, but i always wear a peace sign bracelet on my ancle

Question for those who like leather collars:

Is it actually the collar part that you like or would any old leather choker do?

I personally dont like anything around my neck (loose chains are OK) nor would I ever wear one because I understand the affect seeing me in a collar would have on the people in my day to day life. I imagine people may show you less respect if they see you walking around in a collar.
    The Gods forgot they made me,
    So I forgot them too.
    -Bowie