Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Collars

A couple of people have said things related to 'what other people will think of you'. I never quite understood why that was such a prominent thing in younger people. I think my mum said once; "When you get older you care less what people might think of you." And that started to become more true. It doesn't really matter what other people 'think' of you. I say let them think what they want. It's not going to affect you, and if they think badly of you because you choose to wear something as mundane as a collar; then shame on them for not getting to know you.

As for Leeds question; I'm partial to both. If it's a good fit I'll wear it. And if I'm feeling like a collar, I'll wear a collar.

What I meant by "what other people think of you" was not as in "what the kids in school will think of me". I meant more professionally. Like teachers and bosses. I personally dont think wearing a collar looks very professional. Just like dying your hair blue. I tend to think of these as people trying to make a statement. If I did like doing the submissive thing I wouldnt broadcast it for everyone to see. Like I dont openly express my therianthropy. I just dont think random strangers need that much of a personal insight into my life.

Maybe it's the slight Pagan side of me. The less people know about you the less power they have. I'd rather be mysterious. Like my coworkers are surprised when they find out I listen to punk music.

But I meant no offense to anyone who does like collars. I agree that they can look rather attractive but am personally too turned off by the symbolism and the non-professionalism of it to ever be interested in wearing one.
    The Gods forgot they made me,
    So I forgot them too.
    -Bowie

I have a collar I wear sometimes. Its just a regular dog collar a freind bought for me. I mostly wear a chain choker that I have just because its more comfortable for me. I am looking into buying a leather collar though.

Leeds, as far as not looking professional, I understand that the spiked collars that you wear when you are young are out of work do not look right with a suit or any work uniform. But there are drop collars and choke chains which can be worn beneath your clothing which are only visible if you show them to someone.
    Personally, the idea that I challenge people opinions with my appearance amuses me. I have acid green and black hair, and multiple facial piercing piercings as well as a visible tattoo at the base of my neck; but am soft spoken and polite, and generally not as bitchy as a lot of the people I work with. Let people think what they want if they are shallow enought to judge you by your appearance.
    The collar I wear is a symbol of my relationship with my mate, and I wouldn't be without it

sorry about that... rant over, I promise.
    Comfortable in your own skin[FONT=Book Antiqua]...?[/FONT]

Heh, well back in my high school days i wore a leather collar with the chrome spikes....don't really know why other than i just liked it. I also have a chain collar i wore as well. Really the only thing that got me not wearing it everyday was the school i was in at the time wouldn't allow it so i must've just got bored with it. I'll have to admit i really liked the collar when i sported a mowhawk....for a short while anyways

No collars for me, first of all, I'm not a tame wolf, second of all, I hate having stuff near my throat, because it feels unnatural and restricting.

I have a couple collars. My first one is double banded and is a snap-on with two rows of spikes. Second one has two rows of spikes and several skulls on it (doesn't fit me anymore sadly). The third and fourth are both cat collars with bells on them (one black and one red). The last one's a cat collar that used to belong to my ex's sister but she didn't want it anymore so he gave it to me. It's a single band and smaller with little metal studs. I wear that one most often because its the most subtle. Yeah, I collect them.
    ~The light plays between the ripples, distorted in the depths.~
    http://vampirefreaks.com/u/crimsonmelody?r=2243234-Check out my Vampirefreaks Profile!

Unsurprisingly, I have never even thought about wearing a collar...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

I have choker necklaces and things but that's more to do with my love for gothic style jewelry than the collar aspect.

I've got a pretty basic blue nylon collar that gets some fair use, and a leopard print one that a friend made.

The latter is normally only pulled out when 'm calm, relaxed, and NOT with family. The dog collar is actually part of my poker gear. Any time 'm playing live cards, it's on. But, part of the reason why ' wear collars is because 'm submissive by nature, and they symbolize being taken, and unavailable. A lot of it, though, is that they're just comfy. As soon as the clasp clinks shut, ' get that same relaxed feeling ' get when taking off the glasses. Y'know, a constant, reassuring weight.

In that way, it's a comfort thing, and a personal statement.