Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Collars

I have a tendancy to start freaking out if ANYTHING is tight around my neck. So, no collars for me, even though I had honestly never considered the idea before. I wear a dog tag but that's it. The only reason I allow that one is because my parents force it, and I often forget that I have it on.

I love my accessories, so I have quite a few collars & chokers. I wear them as fetish gear, but also as decorative necklaces. It can be quite confusing to my mate. Sometimes I ask him to buckle my collar for me because it's a sign of submission, and sometimes because I want to wear a choker with my outfit and I'm in too much of a hurry to do it myself. He's starting to figure out how to read the intention of the collar based on my mood and other cues.

My collars:
    * A black velvet choker with a double line of rhinestones, bought from a goth clothing shop
    * A rhinestone choker (a discreet single line but very tight), bought from Claire's Accessories
    * A slim black leather band collar with a silver(-colored) buckle, bought from a fetish store
    * A black leather collar with smooth, circular metal studs, bought from the "small dog" section of a pet shop : )

I used to have a doggie choke chain, when I was a teenager, but over the years I started preferring the less obvious versions (the ones I could claim were just jewelry.)

DarkRain Guest

I have a Native American style choker that I wear occasionally, it was the first one that I made. I don't really consider it a collar though. I do wear a cord with several medalions on it. Each of the medalions represents a marker in my life. The only times I ever take it off are when the cord wears out and I have to make a new one or if I feel that I need to mentally "step out of time" and get myself back together. Right now I have three:
    -Double Triquetra which represents my passage through high school
    -Circle Knot which represents my passage through college
    -The Celtic Lovers which represents my mate and I
    I have dreamed a fourth one but I'll have to wait to find that one.

I don't wear much of any decorations of any kind. I don't like the dangling of anything around my neck, because I swear: I'm gonna kill myself one of these days with my lanyard at work! I have considered getting a collar/tighter chain of some sort, but working it wouldn't be acceptable, and I"m in the same boat as SerpentineZebra: our grandparents would call in an excorsist on us, so abstinence is key for us on this subject.

I wear a ring that I got at an Avenged Sevenfold concert (which, btw Kam, as soon as my check from the college comes in, I'll resize your ring: just remind me to make sure) and that's about all I wear. My highschool class ring needs fixing, and the gold chain my parents got me for my 16th birthday doesn't work my style, for said reason above. I don't even wear bracelets much.
    How to fly: Throw oneself at the ground, then miss.

Check out my podcast at www.setzireal88.podbean.com

Come to think of it, I have a pic of me in my collar:
    http://borncrazy7189.deviantart.com/...lague-75680231
    Sevenfoldist, aspiring tattoo artist, genderfluid, and possibly a sea serpent. I'm not on much but you're welcome to contact me.

I absolutely destroy jewelry. Used to often wear a Mjolnir (Thor's Hammer) that a friend of mine designed and cast out of silver; looked much like a hood ornament or something, very angular - suited me well till it broke and I didn't notice till it was long gone.

I went through three class rings. I had the toughest alloy they made, and even so, after cracking the band at the thickest point completely through on one side, and 3/4 the way through the other, I just gave up on it. I do all right with watches, so long as they are heavy enough I notice when they fall off from me springing the pins. (Oops, time for another band...)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

I can't wear collars because I think I'm choking if something like that touches my neck. I like collars on other people though.

I think collars are gloriously attractive in a fashionable sense.

But probably not so much on me. I'm not domesticated, after all. ; P
    Wash daily from nose-tip to tail-tip; drink deeply, but never too deep;
    And remember the night is for hunting, and forget not the day is for sleep.

~Rudyard Kipling

I had a simple black leather and black velvet collar many years ago until my ex boyfriend ran off with it. Now my so called collar is a bronze medallion with an ankh on one side and a tiger on the other. it hangs form a thick black cord that is adjustable. I wear it mostly like a choker.

I could never see myself wearing a collar...and I think I'd be safe to say nobody I know could see it either.

Not trying to challenge or offend anyone, but it seems incredibly ironic that someone with a theriotype of say, a wolf--the definition of a wild animal--would wear an object representing domestication...of course, the irony may be all the reason you need.

In any case, the only thing you'll ever see around my neck is a tie.