Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: How do you like to sleep?

Blog Entries

Is your sleep noticeably different when out in the field? I've noticed that mine is--when out in the field, I tended to go to sleep at nine or ten, and frequently woke up at four or five. And I felt good after I work up--if anything I was less tired than when I wasn't in the field. I've always considered myself an evening person, and thought I was the sort of person who needed a lot of sleep, but it looks like I was wrong.

I've always had an easy time falling asleep in cars. Too easy, really. When I'm a passenger there's a good chance that I'll fall asleep on a car ride that lasts longer than an hour or so. Even when I'm the one driving, I get groggy if I'm driving after I've eaten.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

It depends on the schedule of the work, but yeah, hitting the hay early and waking up early is typical. I sleep well in the field when the work is physical enough. Otherwise I can be pretty restless.

I struggle hard with nocturnal schedules. I've had to do dusk-til-dawn work schedules for several different things before, and I NEVER sleep as well, nor do I ever feel very well when I'm awake. My non-work waking hours become useless and I always feel kind of crappy and out of it. I can do it, and I'm usually fine at work, but it's very counter to my natural circadian rhythm and feels like a constant struggle.

Blog Entries

Your cycle is the exact opposite of mine.
    I'm just now going to bed right now and it's 7 AM. I prefer to get up late and stay up late. I'm looking for an evening or night job. The one thing I have serious trouble with is getting up early in the morning. I hate that people like me are seen as lazy by society. We don't sleep more. We just sleep at different times.