Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your Sleeping Pattern/Condition..?

Default Is your Sleeping Pattern/Condition..?

Does your species have an effect on the way you sleep? Is it easier for some of you to fall asleep with the lights on? Is it easier to sleep in the day then the night? Is it easier to sleep balled up, or in an odd position? Or maybe you like the plush stuff?

I dunno, I was curious, because your answers could help me figure out something about myself. It might just be a second type of animal for me, or I'm just weird. I fall asleep easier with the light on. I could lay on by back, right under the light, and fall asleep in 10 minutes. But when they're off, I'll roll around for an hour and a half..

So is it just me, or..?
    [SIZE=3]----♥----[/SIZE]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]"When you feel alone, don't fret, for Mother Moon is always watching you and guiding your way."[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]~Want someone to talk to? Message me!~[/FONT] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]----♥----[/SIZE]

There is already a thread on this, albet an old one.

http://forums.werelist.net/showthread.php?t=25483
    Some days you just have to let your hair down and eat a peanut

My question is a bit different. I'm asking them if it appears that their species is what is causing their sleep pattern to differ from that of the average human. Not just.. How do you like to sleep.
    [SIZE=3]----♥----[/SIZE]
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]"When you feel alone, don't fret, for Mother Moon is always watching you and guiding your way."[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]~Want someone to talk to? Message me!~[/FONT] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]----♥----[/SIZE]

I have yet to find a quick and comfortable way to fall asleep - unless I'm completely exhausted, I'll phantom and mental shift, and every position I try feels wrong with either my wolf or my human body. Once I do fall asleep, the wolf body gets priority, and I usually wake up half-curled in a ball, with a sore back and my arm loosing circulation (Which is a bit weird, considering I don't get dream-shifts).

I don't really have a good sleep schedule to be affected by therianthropy - i just try to sleep whenever I'm tired - sometimes 10pm, sometimes 4am - tho I do get exceptionally tired and lazy on hot afternoons, but who doesn't.

Okay well in that case, maybe. I don't really know the sleeping habits of wolves, though I would count myself as a nocturnal, I stay up late, and sleep all day.
    Some days you just have to let your hair down and eat a peanut

When I go to sleep, I usually have my arms folded on each side of my head (like the way a dog lays) and when I wake up, I am generally curled into the tiniest little ball I can get into.
    With the lights off, always.
    And sometimes I like to have this really ugly teddy bear my boyfriend gave me for Valentine's day one year under one arm.
    And I always have to have blankets on, no matter how hot it is. I need the weight on me to fall asleep. Weird, huh?

I am nocturnal by nature, but have trained myself to wake up early for work. I can sleep pretty much anywhere, anytime and in just about any position, including sitting up or in a moving vehicle. I usually don't sleep more than about 4 hours at a stretch, but I often wake up and go back to sleep.

Hmm... what makes you think that your therioside's species has something to do with this? Everyone has their preferences, and there isnt always a reason for everything. Somethings what makes us,US, is just us. (if that makes any sense)

One of my friends who does not identify as an animal at all finds it easier to sleep under light as well =).

I dont bring my 'species' into account with every single thing I do in life. I am myself, i don't judge it according to what I claim to be. As for my sleeping, I am pretty neutral with everything. The only big factor is that it has to be dark and quiet.
    Last edited by DragonicWolf; July 16th, 2009 at 04:37 AM.

Hmm, it may explain why I always feel tired during the day. I do get early nights but I wake considerably early too because sleeping too long can make me feel a bit vacant. I can also only sleep on my side as lions tend to, however I don't feel convinced the way I sleep is affected by my theriotype as I do have trouble sleeping in the day sometimes or getting comfortable. (I also don't sleep for 20 hours! XD)
    [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]
    "People only conserve what we love. We love only what we understand. We understand only what we are taught."
    [/FONT]

I absolutely can't sleep in the night unless I have some kind of sleep aid, only three or four hours though, that might have something to do with the bat side of my nature. I fall sleep on my stomach with my arms under my chin, like a wolf and I wake with something under me usually shiny,which might have something to do with my dragon side. when I get up I stretch as a wolf would.
    I know the darkness, I am it's friend, and I know it is nothing to be played with . When they come into my world, I will be there, waiting for them. When the come into the darkness they will find me~Vincent
    There are no mirrors in this room but there are mirrors to the soul, and I do not like what I see there~Vincent