Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is your Sleeping Pattern/Condition..?

Blog Entries

My sleep schedule matches my kintypes. I'm normally crepuscular, though sometimes I do sleep into the morning. I often take a nap during the day. Depending on my energy levels which can be erratic, I might stay up very late, though I usually go to bed around 11:00pm. I notice in the morning, if you wake me up early- I cannot fall back asleep at all. Once I'm up, I'm up until I take a nap around the 3pm-ish hour (if doing nothing at the time).
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I'm normally crepuscular, though sometimes I do sleep into the morning. I often take a nap during the day. Depending on my energy levels which can be erratic, I might stay up very late, though I usually go to bed around 11:00pm. I notice in the morning, if you wake me up early- I cannot fall back asleep at all. Once I'm up, I'm up until I take a nap around the 3pm-ish hour (if doing nothing at the time).
    Personally I prefer to sleep late (until around 9 am or 10 am) and then sleep again an hour or two past midday for half an hour to an hour. I usually prefer to stay up late, past 11 pm, but sometimes I feel tired and prefer to sleep earlier. Sometimes I sleep again for a short while around 5 or 6 pm.

If I am woken up early, I feel tired for the entire morning and sometimes the entire day. If I go to bed too early, I have difficult falling asleep and around midnight if I haven't fallen asleep yet I'm usually quite restless and want to run or hunt. Sometimes I also wake up during the night and want to run/hunt.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

I'm definitely a nocturnal sleeper, which sucks given how poorly that fits into society's schedule. In terms of position, I like to try and curl up or lie like a wolf (especially when I'm feeling shifty), but given that I'm human, I can't get comfortable for long periods in that sort of position (my body just doesn't allow for it, obviously).

I like listening to wolves howling, along with rain and thunderstorm sounds. I find it relaxing, and it helps me to fall asleep a lot faster, and helps me to genuinely switch off and cheer up, if needed. I like using my sense of smell, so essential oils are also good, such as pine (which gives a forest-like smell - good for me, given my kintype) and lavender oil (you can find one which is relvant to your theriotype, if you like). I'd highly recommend trying all of the above.
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

I don't have a real schedule. I experimented once and just fell asleep at any time. When I went camping with no light or internet, it was sun up to sun down. Now it's 1 AM to 10 AM because I should. It all depends on conditions.
    I sleep anywhere I need to, but prefer a nice big bed, on the firm side, in a chilly room so I can wrap myself up like a burrito. A cormorrito. Except cormorants don't sleep like that but whatever.
    "Quoting yourself in your signature is silly" ~Kerguelen
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

I swear my brain's biochemistry is nocturnal. I have to drink so much caffeine to prop myself up during the day, it gave me osteoporosis. Sometimes when my depression is not acting up, I can find some wiggle room, but I think if you exchange the screens for a workplace, I would be just as on-point, which upsets me because I may be getting into veterinary medicine, and unlike 7-11, graveyard shifts are not entry level. This means any boss I have will never see my A game until I can get that, and it will only feed the caffeine addiction. Going back to that, I have seen that most ppl perk right up with one cup of coffee in varying strengths; or at least that was my observation, seeing as in my case, that only happens after dusk. If I start during the day, I need anywhere from 30 ounces to 90+. It is scary living life that way, because I am overclocking my heart and it will almost definitely kill me, but like Lupus Paws, society tends to think less of strictly nocturnal people, sometimes regardless of work ethic, so I am under constant pressure to fight it with a drink that is destroying me slowly like a steroid.

Very often I am thought to have a circadian rhythm disorder, but that is a very broad brush to paint someone with, I have been informed (by a doctor, for the record), and I question the accuracy of that. Most people don't develop a sleeping norm until about my age, which fluctuating in youth, becoming nocturnal in your teens (that is in the normal cases, from what I have read) and (typically) ending with a diurnal individual, in the case of humans. I think my chemicals are wired backwards. If I get perfect sleep (8-9 hours) at night, get some caffeine and get going, I am out of steam within as little as minutes, forcing me to drink dangerous amounts to basically bully my chemical body into being diurnal.

Outside of my normal sleep cycle, I tend to sleep quite normally within a nocturnal setting, with disturbances happening almost only night, but even when my pattern was more diurnal in youth, I slept well most nights, but I could not sleep on my back, as my father believes it causes nightmares in my family, and sure enough, I almost never have them now well over a decade later. It is a shame that I never get the chance to play to my strengths in life, sadder still is I know there are many people who suffer that from our almost military-like private sector: be what we tell you, and be the best unflinching machine there ever was, or there will be Hell to pay. In war, I get that, but McDonalds is not a battlefield, (typically xD) so as a manager, you have more room to gauge skill and take innate ability up to it's highest potential, but no, your history degree belongs in the hands of the nearest burger joint working nights you are not physio-chemically suited for, but we sure as Hell will not give it to Mr. Owl-Eyes over here, we need him at 5 AM killing himself because that builds character, right?
    Last edited by RedShadow; October 28th, 2017 at 03:05 AM.
    "Nature forsaken...once admired by us all. Does it know we're scared...to move...to wake...scared to be...who we were?" -Eluveitie. "Home"

Blog Entries

I'm not sure if my theriotype actually affects my sleeping pattern, although feel obliged I should add that usually, I'm more active and happier overall after nightfall than during daytime.
    I sleep reasonably well, but have a tendency to wake up very abruptly for a quick bathroom visit several times a night.
    What the cause for that is, I'm not entirely sure. It might be caused by a sensitive bladder or due to my kidneys working overtime.

When I wake up in the morning, I'm either anxious to get out of bed, or suffer from worry a lot and would often like to sleep a couple of hours extra, which my job doesn't permit of course.
    Commencing the day has never been something I was good at, and it very much occurs so that I fall asleep during the day as well, because of utter exhaustion.

Laying down for a nap around midday often results into falling asleep in my case, which makes it the harder to sleep when I have to.
    Worries however, do tend to decrease over the course of the day, which makes me the more content the longer the day lasts.