Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Therians have a certain smell?

Quote Originally Posted by SummonerWolf View Post
    Therians tend to be more preoccupied with scent
    Well, some are. I wouldn't say that I am, and my husband isn't, either. But then, we're bird therians. Most birds don't have the best sense of smell, and we're not turkey vultures. XD So, smell doesn't really mean a lot to us.

I've been told by my husband that I smell like bird. Yes birds do have a smell. I am familiar with it because I have pet birds. It's something about the feathers, I believe. When you get them wet, they smell even more. They smell better when dry. I love bird-smell. XD

Anyway, I've been told that I smell like a bird, although at the same time, I do hang around with actual birds a lot. And in general, I'd be more inclined to think that therians, in general, smell like humans. It's a pity we can't go asking the animals who have better noses, what we smell like.

I think that everyone has a certain smell to them because of the enviroment that they are currently in.
    I heard on Animal Planet that dogs don't have as many taste buds and that's why they lick us so much. Then they also enjoy our smells. We have left home and been out in the world, then come home to their happy tails and eyes. The smell of the outside is intriguing to dogs especially.
    Personally, everyone has their own scent and they all are very different. I do enjoy smelling my close friends when we hug or something. Then again, everything smells interesting to me.
    There's no way that a place such as "paradise" could exist somewhere. There's nothing at the end of the world. No matter how far one walks the same roads still continue on. Even so why do I get caught up in such an urge.... I hear someone calling out "Aim for the paradise."
    ~Kiba from Wolf's Rain

I don't have a strong smell at all. I can not shower for a week, and you could never tell xD (actually has gone and not showered for a week o-o) The only time I smell is after my shift at McDonald's xD French fry smell.

I think every human has a different smell, and maybe Therians have a similar smell along with that unique smell. I have an excellent sense of smell too ^-^ I can smell food a mile away.
    I'll bleed out all these tears and take this pain
    Maybe the path is fighting in vain
    And I can't carry on, I just can't be the one, again...

Oblivian Guest

When I smell like clean, I've been asked what perfume I wear. Problem is that I don't use scented products. Just recently (friday) I even stopped using scented deodorant.
    Go figure.

Also keep in mind that you can't pick up your own scent as much as others, you are very used to your own smell. This also explains while that every house smells different because of family, you can't pick up your house's scent unless you've been away for a very long time.
    There is no I in the Goop Troop.

International at the moment, but soon to return to Texas where I'm a proud resident.

I smell like fresh hay. XD

Oblivian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Undeniableguile View Post
    I smell like fresh hay. XD
    I want to snuffle you.

I also musk heavily when I'm going to let someone do something to me I don't like. I gave blood today and was sticky with it.

(blech!)

I have found out that WetWipes will get the stuff off pretty well.

I wonder if the scent that is being spoken about here is a smell that anybody can pick up or something pheramonal that attracts therians to one another...? Im now wondering if it is possible to detect another therian subconsciously by scent?
    Comfortable in your own skin[FONT=Book Antiqua]...?[/FONT]

I very much doubt that we have a certain scent. Unless, you know... we all neglect our personal hygeine which I hope isn't the case.