Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you smell people?

Default Do you smell people?

I know there are many threads about our unusual, embarrassing, out of the ordinary behavior but i wanted to break it down to just this one to see how many of us do it and what the other persons reaction usually is, if you care to share. To put it bluntly, I like to smell my girlfriend. I associate alot of things with smell, I suppose, but i just get enjoyment out of smelling her skin, clothes and hair. She finds it unusual and usually greets it with a "why do you do that?" or "stop it." haha

Anyone want to share? Feel free to go on and discuss other small behaviors that get weird reactions. Though please remember that things like shifting in public and animal noises have been heavily discussed.

I was waiting for someone to say that! I smell people all the time, and as I said in 'do therians have a certain smell?' a person's scent is just something else I like to log about them, like with their eye color, hair color... I like taking in their scent, it's a very intimate thing in some cases. Scent is something intrinsically personal and so it has that appeal to me ^^
    Last edited by Agita; November 18th, 2009 at 10:50 AM.

Yes I do actually. Often behind their back because I don't like them knowing. I have never really paid attention to this trait of mine, I just do it. So , yeah, boring non informative post is boring.

Blog Entries

I like to do this as well. It annoys me when people use shampoo or deodorant with a very strong perfume, since then I can't smell who they "really are". I also notice the what smell people's homes have, it's not always the same as the person.

Blog Entries

Thanks to a combination of asthma, allergies, and other sinus issues, any smell I can pick up is interesting, there has yet to be a person's scent I can pick up let alone find interesting.

That, and the most frequent smell of a person I'll get is my dad who constantly smells of overpowering booze and cigarettes so I stopped finding the smells of people intresting a while ago
    Last edited by Spiritfox Autumnsong; November 18th, 2009 at 11:06 AM.
    [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Engineer, hobbyist, fighter, archer, fox.
    [/SIZE]
    -Avatar courtesy of Wolfsnake[/SIZE]

People are stinky, and I don't really like the smell of BO. Most of the time though, if the person is female they have smelly stuff that makes them smell like berries or something. I like that smell. Guys...well some guys smell alright. Others just kill my nose with horrible smells. 0-0 -has a very sensitive nose-

I can usually identify what smells in someone's house. OR smell when its going to rain. I use my nose a lot. :3
    I'll bleed out all these tears and take this pain
    Maybe the path is fighting in vain
    And I can't carry on, I just can't be the one, again...

I smell people but one of the more weird things i do is in the middle of a sentence or even a word I will stop and listen to sound going by if i deem them interesting enough. *perks ears and listens to the computer have a meltdown* Yea weird. I know.
    I know the darkness, I am it's friend, and I know it is nothing to be played with . When they come into my world, I will be there, waiting for them. When the come into the darkness they will find me~Vincent
    There are no mirrors in this room but there are mirrors to the soul, and I do not like what I see there~Vincent

I can't say I really smell people, like I go up behind them and smell them, or anything like that, but I tend to notice their scents a lot, especially when I'm near their room or something, like here at the dorms. With my ex, I used to love smelling her, and it was something I actually went out of my way to do when I was with her, and she was like that with me too, since that was an intimate thing. But with everyone else, I just kinda smell them from a distance, and like Agita said, it's just something else that's "logged" about them, and nothing really special.
    "Nothing is impossible, only improbable." ~Personal quote

"You have a ramen doctor at your secret ramen base?" ~Neku Sakuraba

I have a very sharp olfactorty sense, so If something does not smell right to me, then I will tell someone. But this week has been very different. My boyfriend stopped smoking, and he does smell different. It was very odd the first time i was with him on monday, when he stopped. I couldn't stop smelling him! I asked him if it was weird for him, and he said that he understood, and let me smell him! It felt good to finally be able to know what his scent smelled like!
    Last edited by gingercat; November 19th, 2009 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox View Post
    I know there are many threads about our unusual, embarrassing, out of the ordinary behavior but i wanted to break it down to just this one to see how many of us do it and what the other persons reaction usually is, if you care to share. To put it bluntly, I like to smell my girlfriend. I associate alot of things with smell, I suppose, but i just get enjoyment out of smelling her skin, clothes and hair. She finds it unusual and usually greets it with a "why do you do that?" or "stop it." haha

Anyone want to share? Feel free to go on and discuss other small behaviors that get weird reactions. Though please remember that things like shifting in public and animal noises have been heavily discussed.
    I do the same thing. Most of the time I can smell people from a distance (as I have a strong sense of smell), but when I'm involved with someone I too find enjoyment in smelling their hair, skin, clothes, etc.

I have noticed also that my disposition towards someone will change depending on how they smell. Not necessarily that they smell bad, although because of my strong sense of smell that can play a factor, but it's rather more like "catching a bad vibe" from them.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Tahoma"]"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." ~C.S. Lewis~[/FONT][/SIZE]