Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mistreatment of Raptor Center, Not of Peregrine Falcon...

Sounds like this guy somehow thought he was almost entitled to that falcon, just because he happens to be a falconer. O_o He reminds me vividly of an acquaintance I had in high school who was diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (she had no qualms about telling us this, interestingly enough), and she often had an odd habit of claiming (unprovoked, of course) that she could care for people's pets far better than they could, and with her training, would certainly mold them into far better animals.

As a rule, she tended to view herself far above her peers, and because of this, believed herself absolutely entitled to simply take over other people's projects, jobs, and ideas. It was...an interesting world she lived in.

I wonder if he has similar issues. Those posts of his you've collected may definitely come in handy if he tries to pursue things any further. You're in the right here.

Cheetah, that's definitely a thought... don't even get me started on how I want to pwn that guy. (Oops, net speak! But you know what I mean.) Of course, that would require for the people at the center (people in charge, and board) to approve that - and I'm not so sure they would. Or that they have the money to deal with lawyers and all of that. He really does need his license revoked, though.

Loh, yeah... there definitely seems to be a sense of entitlement there, even though he most certainly is not entitled. Wow, that sounds a lot like that guy. It really, really does. I wonder if he could possibly have NPD. Of course, I'm no psychiatrist. But he really does sound a lot like the person you mentioned.

Oh, wow, Red, I can't express how terrible it is that this happened. I'm so sorry.
    I know this is much different, but I'm volunteering at an elementary school in the CDS room (Cognitively Delayed.... I should know the last letter, but I don't). My 'boss' - of sorts - is a really laid-back lady, and she rarely chastises any of her staff about anything, but within the first couple days of being in there, she sat me down and told me how incredibly important it was that I keep everything I do in there confidential.

I know, of course, that animal shelters have no such formalities in place, but sometimes I think they'd really help.

I realize, naturally, that none of this is your fault - How could you know that this guy was off his rocker and looking for a new pet?
    I really hope the Center doesn't sustain any damage because of this nutter.

That's terrible! I'm hoping the situation blows over, or that the guy's already gathered some local notoriety and people have long since stopped listening. I guess time will tell? Hope you don't beat yourself up too much over this, it's not your fault this guy is unstable. However, I'm glad you're taking steps to see to it that it doesn't happen again.

What a great thing to volunteer for, though! I did the same while growing up in Sitka. A lot of poop cleaning, but totally worth it for exercising time. Our job as children, of course, was to run like hell to see where the bird landed and help measure how far it got. hehe
    Gwyn
    "Ai, razminku yorshikom provodim my,
    Nobody learns no nothing from no history."
    - Golgol Bordello

GestaltZe: Yeah. I always thought that since I had rehabber friends online who talked about their centers, it would be okay to talk about the one I'm at. And most of my friends are people that I do trust, but... this guy really threw me for the loop, and even though I honestly feel I can trust my other friends, I feel so betrayed by this that I'm not sure if I can trust anybody. I realize most people aren't like that jerk, and I realize that most of my friends are good people. I just don't feel safe, even with my journal being friends-only. I hate that feeling.

But... yeah. I've never really been told what's okay to share and what isn't. I thought what I shared would be okay, since I wasn't making the center look bad.

Entropy: Yeah, I really hope it blows over, or something. On a positive note, somewhere along the line when the center was being talked to, he was referred to as a "disgruntled falconer." I hope that's all they regard him as - some rude, disgruntled old man. (After all, that's what he is.)

Yeah, eagle poop. Lol! Eagles are messy. But, even though it's much smaller, I'm used to bird poop because I have little birds of the parrot persuasion living in my apartment. I really don't mind it much. I also get to hold the raptors and such, so poop cleaning certainly isn't a big deal.

Blog Entries

Oh my goodness! That's awful! I gotten to know a chill and very open minded falconer who even told me that some falconers or rehabs, (when it comes to eagles) get either very snooty or controversial. That dude sounded very sketchy to begin with.
    Your Regards..
    ~The Misanthropic Coastal Wolf~