Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How you can help the Werelist

Blog Entries

Default How you can help the Werelist

I just got the website renewal notice from the Werelist's host. We need $230 by August 20th to renew a two year service contract.

Normally I just pay this fee myself, but the situation being what it is, I'm running short of income this year. So I've reduced myself to asking for donations to help keep the Werelist afloat.

Please note that the Werelist is not in danger of losing the account or being shut offline if we don't get it. We're just asking for donations to help ease the burden.

So if you can donate, even just a $1, we'd really appreciate it. You can use the donation button found in my signature.

[SIZE=3]Donation Total: $228
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Jakkal; August 10th, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
    My WebComics: Black Tapestries + The Realm of Kaerwyn
    My Creative Group Writing RP: Kaerwyn

Jakkal, that seems pretty steep for 2 years of hosting a simple BB! I would be happy to help with this, but to be honest, the bandwidth to this site isn't anything to write home about, and $115 a year seems like robbery to me. Have you shopped around?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

The monthly hosting cost is $7/month, roughly. But we have extra features that includes a premium restoration service, domain registration (Which is the same as you'd find at most registration places), and a few other back end bells and whistles that helps keep the site easy to maintain and work on. So when you take all the extras, it's only about $9.50 a month. Which isn't bad.

It's Lunarpages and I've hosted several sites on them, so I trust them. I don't trust just any ol' site host because you never know who's a real web host and who's a kid running a server in his basement.

Hmmm. I work for an Internet Service Provider here in Utah. Perhaps I should consider building us a decent server and offering hosting services. All in all, such modest demands and a big fat pipe for data could prove to be more lucrative than I thought!

You're quite right about finding someone you trust, though. Too easy to get burned, and this page isn't something that could easily be rebuilt or reconstructed.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." - Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

Yeah, I used to work as the web manager of an ISP, and that's why I'm so cautious, and don't mind paying for good service.

I just donated some money, I hope it helps.

I'll be covering any shortfalls, but the economy hasn't been kind to any of us this year, so help is certainly appreciated if you've enjoyed and benefited from this site.

Blog Entries

*Gasp*

Savage stole my sig!

Well, seeing as how I'm headed out to the desert and all, I actually have nothing to spend money on. Good timing on your part. I'll see about doing something on the first, when I can allocate it into my budget.
    =][= Innocence proves nothing =][=

Smile

Thanks for giving us a way to help! Come Tuesday I'll see what I can do. ^.^
    "No one loves the warrior 'til the enemy's at the gate."