Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss/Becoming healthy support thread!

Pfffft... am I the only person who likes regular V8? I'm so used to hearing people say it's gross but I used to drink it all the time when I was younger. Haha!

Also I want dancing games... I am looking to get Para Para Paradise and DDR into my possession because when I used to play those in high school I looked freakin' hot.
    hold me secure in flight [SIZE="4"]☆☆☆☽ ☓ ☾☆☆☆[/SIZE] sing me to sleep tonight

Quote Originally Posted by StarRhythm View Post
    Pfffft... am I the only person who likes regular V8? I'm so used to hearing people say it's gross but I used to drink it all the time when I was younger. Haha!
    What's funny is that when I was younger, I used to LOVE regular V8. I don't know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by StarRhythm View Post

Also I want dancing games... I am looking to get Para Para Paradise and DDR into my possession because when I used to play those in high school I looked freakin' hot.
    Regular V8 is one of the few drinks I can't choke down with closed eyes and a plugged nose. THAT'S how gross it is. Congrats on being able to drink it, Star, you are among a minority.

Also, DDR is the best! I don't like the home games but the arcade versions are my preferred form of exercise.
    Nothing I post on this forum is meant to be rude, disrespectful, or insulting. You do not have to respond to me. Answering my questions is completely optional.

Never take life seriously. No one gets out alive, anyway. ~ Unknown

This is a great thread--I used to be really thin and athletic, but found out I had a heart disease and my cardiologist FREAKED OUT and wouldn't let me do anything. No more Tae Kwon Do, no more fencing, no sports of any kind. I even had to drop my swimming class at school. His rule was if it made me sweat, I couldn't do it. Which was the stupidest rule ever.

Anyways, for 4 years I didn't do anything. I've gained a ton of weight and I hate not being able to do things that I used to do. So I rebelled :P I started doing TKD again and at least got on the Wii Fit so it felt like I was doing SOMETHING. Then, just last month, my cardiologist told me that--guess what?--I might actually NOT have the heart condition. GAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

Anyway, so now I'm trying to get in shape again. After having 4 years of my life wasted, it's time I had control again. My mom told me just yesterday that it looked like I had lost weight, but I have no way of finding out. :[ None of our scales have working batteries--not even the Wii Balance Board...
    "Anyone can give up. It's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

I have Just Dance 2 for the Wii and a lot of the songs are really good at helping you to work out your arms. OMG, after about 4 songs I need to take a break X_X

*Edit*

@Arena - Wow your doctor told you no exercise AT ALL? Huh. Well, I'm not a doctor but when I worked at a hospital a LOT of my patients had heart problems and they were encouraged to get exercise. Perhaps the intensity of the exercise was modified, but that just sounds ridiculous to me telling someone they can't exercise at all.
    Last edited by Somnia; July 5th, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arena.Hunter View Post
    Anyway, so now I'm trying to get in shape again. After having 4 years of my life wasted, it's time I had control again. My mom told me just yesterday that it looked like I had lost weight, but I have no way of finding out. :[ None of our scales have working batteries--not even the Wii Balance Board...
    I know several dietitians who don't personally use scales. They see how well their clothes fit. Maybe you could try that until you get a good scale?

Best of luck!
    Nothing I post on this forum is meant to be rude, disrespectful, or insulting. You do not have to respond to me. Answering my questions is completely optional.

Never take life seriously. No one gets out alive, anyway. ~ Unknown

Blog Entries

I知 currently not trying to loose weight right now (though perhaps shaving off 5 pounds might be nice), but more I知 trying to get into a healthily habit of eating and moving since I知 no longer a teenager or have such a high metabolism as I used too.

I only drink water outside of V8 Fusion (love the stuff) and I知 trying to keep tabs on my calories and portion sizes now. Plus, I知 trying to either go for a walk more often or walk on the treadmill. The treadmill is becoming a nice option for actually working out since I can enjoy the air conditioner and therefore walk longer and harder. Outdoor hiking and walking is no being reserved for pleasure rather than need for exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    What's funny is that when I was younger, I used to LOVE regular V8. I don't know what happened.

Me too! Now I think it's nasty lol.

What I found I love is coconut water...the chocolate is good too, but it has more potassium than a banana, iron, and helps to rapidly hydrate your body so it's really good to drink during or after a workout.

In other news, I decided that I'm done for now with boys and I set a new goal of running a half marathon...which is 13.1 miles...which means running non-stop for over 2 hours...*gulp*.
    Last edited by Seraphyna; July 5th, 2011 at 05:35 PM.

I would LOVE to have a treadmill. I might actually be able to watch TV again, because I'd have something to do while watching.

I'm kind of skinny-fat. Have been for years. It's very very hard for me to gain muscle and lose abdominal fat. Unfortunately, I also work full time night shift and go to school, which lends inconsistency to my workout. But here's some (very slow) progress I made...

Back when I first started boxing, maybe a few weeks in...

After scattered weightlifting/sprint routines...

It's ultimately a long road, and a tough one. The decision to exercise has to influence lifestyle, not just free time. Goals do help solidify the idea for short-term motivation; my current goals are to be able to run a sub 7-minute mile and deadlift 300 pounds (my last best was 280 before I stopped going to the gym).

Arena - that's pretty bad... I actually have my doc giving me the same advice. But I decided that it's a quality of life issue. Am I putting myself at risk by hard exercise? Maybe. Would I be miserable if I never got the chance to be active? Definitely.