View Poll Results: Werelist recipe-sharing club...?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd love to join a recipe-sharing group!

20 31.25%
  • Maybe I'd join, I might have some recipes I could share...

28 43.75%
  • No, having this thread is fine for me.

16 25.00%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Your Favorite Recipes

Default Share Your Favorite Recipes

Okay, so I have been thinking about this for a while, and I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to have a Werelist recipe-sharing thread?". I considered it a while ago, but couldn't remember the recipe I wanted to post. Well, now I have it with me and can put it up accurately.

Before I get to that, I would like to ask people to post their favorite recipes here you are free to put up as many as you would like! Suppose we exchange and try each other's recipes, remark on how we like them (take pictures if you'd like!) and get this going as a regular activity? I think that would be interesting, and if it proves popular, we can start a group for it! What do you think?

Anyway, the recipe I'm posting is from a favorite grilling cook book ("Weber's Big Book of Grilling" by Jamie Purviance & Sandra S. McRae), it's for Italian Chicken Kebabs, and it's a huge hit with my family. I'm going to add some foot notes on what I've found works.

Marinade:
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    2 tbsp. white wine (we use chicken broth)
    2 tbsp. fresh thyme (or 2 tsp. dried)
    1 tbsp. minced garlic
    1 tsp. kosher salt (we just use regular Morton's salt though)
    1 tsp. black pepper

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
    1 small zucchini
    1 green bell pepper
    20 large cherry tomatoes

To make the marinade, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl.

Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks, the zucchini in 1/2 inch coins, and the pepper into 1-inch chunks. Place the chicken, vegetables, and marinade together in a large bag; press the air out, seal tightly. Turn the bag so to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours [we usually marinate it overnight] turning occasionally.

Remove the chicken and vegetables, discard the marinade. Thread the chicken and vegetables on skewers, and grill on Direct Medium heat for 8-10 minutes [I let it go a bit longer, maybe 12 minutes], or until chicken is firm and juices run clear. Turn halfway through grilling time. Serve warm.

*I recommend serving this with rice. It usually tastes even better the next day, so it makes great leftovers, too.

**If you can afford it, Penzey's has an Italian Herb Mix that I'm trying a bit of mixed in the marinade.

Enjoy!
    Sevenfoldist, aspiring tattoo artist, genderfluid, and possibly a sea serpent. I'm not on much but you're welcome to contact me.

I have two. For the more ambitious Fajita Stir Fry, I refer you to my website which has a lot of my favorite recipes. The quick and easy - can be made in just about any situation including Howls and be modified endlessly Sauerkraut Stew proceeds as follows.

Chop up and saute and onion in a pot. Pour in two cans of stewed tomatoes, a stewed tomato can full of water, a can of corned beef, a can (or better, half a jar) of sauerkraut, and a capful of Ms. Dash. Cook for, oh.........a quarter hour to an hour - however long you have. It's ready.

I once planned to make it on a Howl but I knew that some of the folks hated sauerkraut so I meant to get some frozen French fries to dump in but I forgot and, in a frenzy, drove up to the Cheaha Country Store to try to find a reasonable substitute. Macaroni worked just fine.

Psychonomaly Guest

Okay, throw together some pancake mix and some milk and eggs and orange juice and some more milk and salt and cinnamon and then some butter and various herbs and whatever else you might have laying around that looks good, then add some green food colouring and scoop it all into a biscuit tin and bake until it looks like it's done. I call them booger cakes and they're relatively bland, but fun to make. You might try using flour in lieu of pancake mix, but I didn't have any when I invented them.

I just LUFF to bake! (I be a Loli, 'tis what we do!)

I never weigh anything, or even sift flour. Too lazy, but It always comes out good anyway! I always get rid of the little white bits in the egg with a fork, because as far as I know that's the bit that could have been a chicken-babeh...

So I gets 2 cup of self-raising flour (you can use a metal cup measurement, about 225ml) or use half a teaspoon of baking powder in plain flour.
    3 quarters of a cup of SHUGAH!!
    3 quarters of a cup of Milsch (Milk)

Stir in 75 grams of melted/softened butter or margarine (about 5cm length slab along the width of your tub)

For a banana cake, mash 1 or two bananas 'til nearly liquid and stir in. You'll only need one egg.

For a SCHOKOLADE cake, mmn yummers... You'll need 2 eggs for all that chocolate. Chocolate powder works but tastes a bt fake. For best resuls, use a mix of real chocolate and powder, because it's not very wallet-friendly to use all real chocolate. ^^

Throw in a 7 inch cake tin (errm sometimes I have some left over, so grease another tin in case. Or you can fry the batter like pancake mix! It'll keep in the fridge.)
    and put in teh middle of teh oven at 185 degrees centigrade for about 25 minutes, a bit less for a fan assisted oven. Mine is electric so it may also take a little longer than a gas one.

A seven inch tin recipe will also do a dozen-cupcake tray comfortably.

HAVE FUN!

Oatmeal Drop Cookies (these things go like wildfire)
    *Contains milk, peanuts

2 cups sugar
    3 tbsp cocoa powder
    1/2 cup milk
    1 stick margarine
    1 cup peanut butter
    2 cups dry oatmeal

Combine sugar, cocoa, milk, margarine in a saucepan
    Cook on medium heat, bring to a boil for one minute.
    Turn off heat, leave pan in warm place
    Stir in peanut butter and oatmeal
    Quickly drop by spoonful onto wax paper or foil.

ENJOY!
    Sevenfoldist, aspiring tattoo artist, genderfluid, and possibly a sea serpent. I'm not on much but you're welcome to contact me.

My favourite recipie is food:

Anything in fridge + SHUUUGARRRR!!!

*drools*

...I'm so not going to survive living on my own. All you people sound like such accomplished bakers compared to my petty microwaving skillz. XP
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

i cook all the time. i love to cook. anything from vegan food to a carnivore's feast, i can do it.

today, though, i'm keeping it simple and making a huge pot of beans, because i'm broke this week and a big pot of beans can feed you for a few days. this is my favorite recipe, which is easily doubled, tripled, whatever.

ingredients:
    2 cups of dried pinto beans
    1/4 tablespoons of minced garlic
    1 cup diced onion
    1/4 cup of jalapeno juice- i always have a huge jar of jalapenos in the fridge!
    1/4 pound of salt pork- this is normally by the bacon at the grocery store.
    salt

1. sort your beans, making sure there's no rocks in there (and yes you'll find them in bags of dried beans! it's funny.)
    2. then you'll want to soak your beans overnight. alternatively, you can just bring the beans to a boil, then remove from heat and cover for an hour.
    3. drain the beans and cover with seven cups of fresh water.
    4. add the garlic, onion, jalapeno juice and salt pork.
    5. bring the whole mess to a boil and then cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
    6. then you be very patient. it will usually take three or more hours for the beans to cook to the proper tenderness, so check on them every-so-often, stir well, and salt to taste. depending on how salty the salt pork was, you might not need a whole lot of it. ha ha.
    7. when the beans are the right tenderness, remove salt pork and serve.

these are delicious with a big hunk of cornbread! i've made homemade cornbread many times, but honestly i think the best cornbread comes out of a box, that cheap stuff made by Jiffy. ha. chop up some of those jalapenos and toss them in the batter, and you're set for a yummy yummy dinner.
    Last edited by CroweBasalt; June 28th, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
    dot dot dotdotdot

Not as much a er recipe, but a firm favourite of mine is a
    FISH FINGER SANDWICH *hummmmm, general drooling*
    Eat them allllll day

I've added my first Albania meal to the International Wok page of my website and I was really please at how the Chicken with Walnuts and the Americanized Baklava turned out. Both are easy, so you might want to check them out. I'm going to try a corn chowder this weekend (a vegetarian dish, if you're interested) and it should be up next week sometime.

Most of the recipes that I know are simple things that make good food alittle better. For example adding garlic powder or garlic salt to a burger before cooking it, makes it taste great!

Heres one thats very simple and fun to make!
    Funnel cakes, all you need is
    1 egg
    2/3 cup milk
    2 tbsp. sugar
    1 1/4 cup flour
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. baking powder
    Just put enough oil in a skillet to where you can submerge the batter, and set it to about medium to high heat. Mix the egg and milk in one bowl and the dry stuff in another, then slowly mix the wet and dry together. Most people use an actual funnel to add the batter to the oil but I just use a large spoon and drizzle it in. Let it cook till its crispy on the outside, put on some powdered sugar and enjoy! A quick and cheap snack

Ive also got a great dry rib rub recipe somewhere but I will have to find it.