View Poll Results: Werelist recipe-sharing club...?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd love to join a recipe-sharing group!

20 31.25%
  • Maybe I'd join, I might have some recipes I could share...

28 43.75%
  • No, having this thread is fine for me.

16 25.00%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Share Your Favorite Recipes

Blog Entries

Chocolate Sweetheart Parfait

Ingredients:

½ teaspoon cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 teaspoons honey
    1½ cups low-fat or fat free Greek yogurt
    2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
    ¼ cup shaved dark chocolate or chocolate chips

Equipment and supplies:

Measuring cups and spoons
    Medium mixing bowl
    Whisk or fork
    Tall glasses, preferably clear

Directions:

In medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and vanilla. Add honey and yogurt and stir until they're well combined with cocoa mixture. It will turn light brown.

Spoon 2 tablespoons of yogurt mixture into the bottom of four clear glasses.
    Top with some raspberries and repeat until all of the yogurt and raspberries are used up.

Sprinkle each parfait with chocolate shavings. Then serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.

Note: Parfaits can be made up to 2 days in advance. This recipe makes four parfaits.

Peanutbutter Muffins

Ingredients:

2 eggs
    1 c. milk
    ¼ c. banana (about 1 banana), mashed with a fork
    ¼ c. peanut butter
    1/3 spray
    getable oil
    ¼ c. frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (left out of the freezer until it's soft)
    ¼ c. nonfat dry milk
    2¼ c. flour
    1½ tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. baking soda
    nonstick cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350° F.

In a small bowl, break the eggs and use a fork to beat them a little bit.
    In a large bowl, combine the milk, mashed banana, peanut butter, vegetable oil, apple juice, dry milk, and the eggs from the small bowl. Mix with a mixing spoon until the mixture is creamy.

Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the large bowl. Mix again.
    Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way up.

Bake for about 15 minutes.

When your muffins are finished baking, remove from muffin tin and cool them on the wire rack.

This recipe is one I improvised a while back, so it doesn't really have a name, and the measurements are not precise. Basically, just use as much of the ingredients as you want.

This is the best recipe I've found to satisfy my inner werewolf, but it involves raw meat. I take certain precautions when making it and I'll go over that a little later. But first I want to say that this is really, really tasty, especially for a hungry carnivore.

Ingredients:
    1/2 lb. steak
    3/4 cup of butter
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
    diced onions (as much as desired)

Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the garlic powder, chili powder, and diced onions. Mix well and turn to low heat to simmer.

Trim the fat and ligaments from the steak, cut it into small cubes, and place the cubes in a bowl. Take the sauce directly off the burner and pour it over the raw steak. Let it cool a little and enjoy.

Keep the meat frozen until you're ready to use it, and then let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Keep it as cold as you can until you're ready to cut it up. Make sure your utensils and work space are as clean as possible, and NEVER USE GROUND MEAT. Grinding the meat increases the surface area, and increases the number of places nasty little microbes can grow and make you sick. Use a single piece of meat, and wash your hands a lot while you prepare it. Also, it's a good idea to make sure the sauce is still hot when you pour it on the meat, because the heat cooks the outside a little bit. The more chili powder you use, the better: chili powder is great at killing microbes.

Also, get the best cut of meat you can find. I'm talking organic, pasture raised, grass fed, no hormones kind of meat. It's pricier, but it's worth the price in my opinion.
    "And on that day when you drop an anvil on your toe, take no thought to what ye shall say, for the words will be given unto you." --JJ Dewey

Blog Entries

Playing Undertale rekindled my dormant love of spaghetti. Yet at the same time sticking with the tried-and-true spaghetti+ketchup combo seemed almost obscene. I love spaghetti with ketchup as much as any normal person, but having tried other things with spaghetti created problems.

There's a need everyone experiences at some point in their lives, and it's a need I've addressed before: the need for garlic. Today I will help you deal with your love of Papyrus, your passion for spaghetti, and your need for protein, cheese, garlic, and generally not having a bad time.

Trust me, I'm Russian. I'd teach you to cook spaghetti even if you know how.

For a single portion, you need:
    - 1 egg
    - 2-3 cloves of garlic*
    - 3 tbsp olive oil
    - 1 cup parmesan, grated
    - 125 g dry spaghetti

* You can use more if you want. If you use less you're an enemy of the Republic or a vampire.

Grated by yourself. You buy a wedge of real Parmigiano Reggiano (which is available at agreeable prices worldwide) and grate it on a fine grater. If you buy that horrible powdery rat poison called "parmesan" in those awful cans, you need to rethink your life.

Okay, so...

1. You know how to cook spaghetti? Put half a gallon of water on the stove, salt it, put the heat on high.

2. While the water boils, do something with the garlic that will reduce it to shreds. Either crush it in a garlic crusher or take a mortar and pestle and reduce it to a paste. Mix it with oil. If using a mortar, just pour the oil right in and grind it all together a wee bit. That's what I do. You can save a lot of dishwashing if you just mix it all right in your serving dish. So put the garlic/oil mixture into it.

3. Open the egg and pour its contents right into the garlic oil. Discard the egg shells. (I can't believe I had to tell you this.) Mix it all well with a fork until it becomes a homogeneous liquid. Yep, it does become homogeneous, and it does it rather fast, too. Just mix it together for a while and eventually it'll be an emulsion.

4. Throw in the parmesan and mix it until it's a paste that looks like mortar. This is the mortar of health, taste, and love. The spaghetti will be the bricks of justice and pleasure later.

5. Speaking of the spaghetti, the water should be boiling by now. Put in the spaghetti.

6. Have a life while spaghetti cooks. Depending on the thickness it could take 3 to 7 minutes. You can always taste it every now and then in order to make sure it reaches the consistency you desire.

7. Make sure you haven't eaten all of the spaghetti by tasting it.

8. Do not drain the spaghetti with a colander. Just take it out with tongs without letting it drip too much and then put it right into your plate. Stir well so that the cheese egg garlic oil mix turns into a sauce that coats the spaghetti. The cooking water still trapped amongst the strands will ensure it doesn't dry out.

9. Eat.

10. Do the dishes, you lazy bastard.

I've been eating this dish daily for a couple weeks now and I can safely say I'm addicted. The heat of the spaghetti and water melts the cheese and cooks the egg, turning it all into a creamy sauce meanwhile the garlic loses its burn and instead you get to feel its actual flavour as it inundates the sauce. The taste is very mild so your mouth can relax a little after all the crazy culinary adventures I'm sure you've been having in my absence.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Mexican Steak.

Here's what you will need;

Botton round steaks, Thinly sliced, or if you have access to a real carneceria, Any variety of mexican steak cuts. --Flank, skirt, de Pulpa, etc.

Roma Tomatoes
    Peppers, (range in order of Scoville levels, Poblano, Jalopeno, Serrano, or use a whole mix, if you want

Onion
    Garlic (only a clove or two)
    Limes
    olive oil

Dice the Tomatoes, Onion, and the de-seeded/deveined peppers and combine to make a sofrito. Mince the garlic, and halve the limes. --De-veining the peppers will remove nearly all of the heat, but still keep the flavor of the actual pepper itself. Make a LOT of this, as the steak should be smothered in it.

Either pan fry the steaks (Nealy all of the latin style steaks are sliced quite thinly) or grill them. If you're pan frying, add the mirepoix mix and the garlic in the pan after removing the steak and fry this until the onions turn translucent, then squeeze the limes over it and let the lime juice reduce, you may also want to add some of the pulp as well.

Put the mix on top of the steak, and serve with rice and either refritos, or whole beans, and corn tortillas. -You will want to either slightly toast the corn tortillas in a separate frying pan, or if you want to cheat, place the amount you ant in a second bag and nuke them for about a minute.

Mexican Rice (this recipe is based on 1:1.5 ratio of rice/water), multiply or subtract as needed.

add .25 to .5 ratio the above mentioned uncooked sofrito mix, a few tablespoons of the olive oil, plus,

A bay leaf or two, maybe another clove of minced garlic, and the special ingrdient that you may have to get at a latin market, Knorr, or Maggi tomato, or tomato-chicken boullion powder.

In your rice pot, add the oil, and heat it, fry the soffrito until the onions are on the verge of becoming translucent, then add the rice and stir fry it until the grains go from semitranslucent to opaque white, then stir in 1-2 heaping tablespoons of the boullion powder, add the bay leaf, then add your water, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
    Last edited by South Munjoy; December 18th, 2015 at 08:44 PM.
    ТОВАРИЩ КОЙОТ!!!

Blog Entries

Know what's bullshit? Lasagne recipes from the internet. It's like people have this sick urge to cram as much crap into a dish as possible. It's a mess and there's often needless extra work involved. It also means spending an exorbitant amount of money on a dish that doesn't warrant it. I'm gonna share my recipe, cut down to the very basics.

Trust me, I'm Russian. Living minimally is second nature.

Béchamel:
    • 3-4-ish oz butter
    • 1 cup flour
    • 1 quart of milk
    • 1 tsp salt
    • nutmeg to taste (mandatory, no question)
    • white pepper to taste (optional because there's already black pepper in the meat sauce; only included here because it's canon)

Note how there's no cheese in a béchamel. NO. CHEESE. When you add cheese to Béchamel, it becomes Mornay. Don't fuck.

Yeah okay stop whining, there IS cheese in this recipe. Just NOT NOW. Not in the sauce. Can we please not have this discussion now? Thank you.

1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
    2. When the bugger is all melted, put the heat on high and start gradually whisking the flour into the butter. Make sure it's all a nice and even mixture.
    3. Pour in the milk unceremoniously. Whilst whisking briskly.
    4. Salt goes in, nutmeg goes in, white pepper (if used) goes in.
    5. Bring to a boil under diligent whisking. When it starts boiling (i.e. the bubbles appear), remove from heat.

Meat sauce:
    • dash of olive oil (a pair of tablespoons)
    • 1 lb ground beef
    • 1 tsp salt
    • pepper to taste
    • 1 onion the size of the skull of a cat in its prime age, reasonably chopped
    • 14-ish oz abused tinned tomatoes or passata (they come in around 14-15-something oz cans, which is the perfect amount you need)
    • oregano (optional; over here it's just one of those spices you kinda always have)

1. Pan on high heat.
    2. When it heats up, give it a dash of olive oil for lubrication, flavour, and more even cooking, and put in the meat. Salt, pepper, and oregano goes into the meat.
    3. Break up the meat so it's not in one big lump. Cook it on the high heat just until there's no pink left.
    4. Onion goes in. Cook under stirring until the onion shows hints of turning translucent (no burning/browning here!!)
    5. Tomatoes go in. Stir well. Lower the heat significantly and leave it for 10-20-ish minutes (or just until your heart tells you 'when'), stirring occasionally.

Lasagne:
    • Meat sauce
    • Béchamel
    • 3 cups [home!!!-]grated Parmesan or Grana cheese (or 4, I guess; just make sure it's a generous enough amount that you can put it on every layer and on top--it's optional, though)
    • lasagna sheets (wouldn't be much of a lasagna without these fellas, now would it)

1. In the cooking tray of your choice (tall enough to accomodate multiple layers; I'm ghetto as fuck so I use a regular cooking pot), grease the bottom with a wee bit of Béchamel.
    2. Assemble the lasagne. The structure I use per layer goes lasagna sheet -> meat sauce -> Béchamel -> cheese. Keep layering until you run out of everything. Try to be smart so that the ingredients run out at the same time. Don't bother being too generous on every layer, or it'll disintegrate when served. And don't cover the top layer with more sheets.
    3. Lasagne goes in the oven for 30-45 minutes. I typically do it at 320 F seeing how I don't want it to burn; I just want it to cook and integrate.

If you have a big enough stovetop, you can cook the Béchamel and the meat sauce at the same time and save a lot of time. My personal record is 59 minutes from coming home with the raw ingredients and until the finished lasagne was coming out of the oven and all the dishes and utensils previously involved were clean again.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Blog Entries

I made a really nice soup this week that I want to share with you all. Here's a pic (with honey-dijon salmon and steamed green beans and FALL AESTHETIC!)

Since I've been learning to cook, I've slowly gained the confidence to customize recipes. So, these days, I usually start with an existing recipe as a base and then tweak and adjust to make it more interesting or more to my own tastes.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18...tType%3Drecipe
    So that good soup I made. I used this recipe as the basis. But I made a lot of substitutions. Let me break it down for ya.
    - instead of butternut squash only, I did about half pumpkin, half butternut squash. I also added 2 chopped carrots.
    - about doubled the garlic. Srsly, you can safely double or triple the garlic in most recipes. They never ask for enough!
    - Didn't really measure the ginger, but I probably added some extra of that too, plus a little shake of powdered ginger.
    - did not use 3 full tablespoons of butter, because I didn't cook the stuff in the pot. I oven roasted it. I used maybe 1 tablespoon of butter but probably didn't need to.
    - Didn't add half and half. I find it doesn't add much to these recipes... other than calories and lactose. xD
    - Used vegetable broth instead of chicken. If I'd left out the little pat of butter, this would have been vegan. :O
    - Also threw in most of one of those single-serve cups of applesauce before blending up the soup.
    - Continued to add more curry powder to taste, plus some nutmeg and cayenne and cinnamon. ALSO, I took all the vegetables, including the garlic and ginger, and cubed-up squashes, and oven-roasted them for like 40 minutes. Nice roasty flavor for the soup. Once everything is nice and soft, chuck it in the pot, add your broth, spice it properly and simmer everything together for a while. Then blend.

It's delicious with some Greek yogurt swirled in. You could use sour cream too, but I find Greek yogurt is a perfect sour cream replacement and a little healthier.
    Last edited by Kisota; October 11th, 2018 at 11:59 AM.

Hey Kisota Thanks for the recipe. I will be posting something from my book tomorrow if I can. Or I will post some of the cooking shows that I watch on YouTube.