Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies, Activities, and Other Fun

Default Hobbies, Activities, and Other Fun

What does everyone do for fun? What are some hobbies, activities, etc you have?

I don't do too much aside from horseback riding (surprise surprise). It's a relaxing weekly outlet that I can hopefully start to do more than once a week. The connection between horse and rider never cease to amaze me.

Recently, I debated on getting into hiking. There are trails in the near-by mountains and a more green, nature-filled area (I live in the desert) are a few hours away. However I have no one to go with me! Not only do I have no knowledge of hiking and have never been on a serious hiking trip, but the idea of getting hurt, lost, or attacked and being alone with no contact scares the crap out of me!

I'm curious! Please share anything you do!

I have All the Hobbies. Really I am a Jill of All Trades and am constantly picking up something new xD Constants are crafts in general, writing, world building, ConLang, art-things, reading, walking in nature, making friends, RPGs. So many things. Survival skills, paleontology, history.

All the Things.
    Resident Shapeshifter!kin with strong leanings to felinoids, birds and hybrids thereof.

Well, I like to write, and I've been told that I have some talent for it. I also love to draw and do artsy stuff like that. I love to go fursuiting (although I personally don't own a fursuit, I'm the designated spotter.). I like to play hockey as well, but my ice-skating skills suck; I'm an embarrasment to all Canadians! So I ususlly get my fix with road hockey. I play Yu-gi-oh, Chess, (yay for strategy games!). I'm also really into the study of biology and genetics, although my work ethic would never be good enough to get me anywhere in those fields. I also adore a good hike or nature walk (though my feet hate me when it's over).
    "Of course it's in your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

I dabble in writing. I'm good at it, but I like drawing a tad bit more than writing at times. On the topic of drawing, I love it! I always have a sketch pad with me, so that when inspiration strikes me, I am ready. About ten minutes ago I finished a painting of Miasaki's character Totoro

My outdoor hobbies mainly consist of hiking when weather permits it. Although my mom isn't too keen on my doing so alone, I always assure her I'll be okay.

I read a lot, also do gemstone jewelry, and wood burning/building projects. Just recently got a sewing machine so I've been messing around with that as well. Also RPGs video games and table top games.

Ourdoor hobbies include hiking with my dogs and mate, camping, caving. ..and as strange as it is to say yard work is kinda a hobby, we're always either out in the garden, clearing out the creek and wooded area of dead branches, this summer we'll be rebuilding the dam in the creek.
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

I like to draw whatever comes to mind. That, or parkour, they're both things I enjoy doing in my free time.
    "Apparently, Burt Reynolds has changed his name to Turd Ferguson."
    "Yeah, Turd Ferguson, it's a funny name."

Blog Entries

Well I shoot guns and bows, throw knives, play card games and lots of video games but most importantly, I play so much warhammer! Hopefully I'll be playing this game for decades to come.

Ill need the practice too since I play the wood elf army. Arguably the hardest army to win with, but it might be tied with the beastmen.
    [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Engineer, hobbyist, fighter, archer, fox.
    [/SIZE]
    -Avatar courtesy of Wolfsnake[/SIZE]

Spending time outdoors is the big general header. Under it, I am quite spread out and not deeply invested into any single one, although hang-gliding takes the financial cake. I dabble in botany, birding, animal tracking and observation, and, of course, hiking.

Smaller activity time budgets include bushcraft, survival and wilderness rescue - more proficiencies to make my time outdoors as pleasant as possible, rather than hobbies. Still fun, though.

I'm just learning ice fishing and bow hunting.

I cycle regularly. I like to read nature literature, and help to maintain such a library. I do some outreach to get others to spend more time in nature. I'm just getting back into creative writing again after a long dry spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lot View Post
    I don't do too much aside from horseback riding (surprise surprise). It's a relaxing weekly outlet that I can hopefully start to do more than once a week. The connection between horse and rider never cease to amaze me.
    I've always wanted to pick up horseback riding but, like falconry, it's a way of life more than a hobby and needs regular and consistent attention and time investment, seeing as there is a bond between human and animal that has to be developed and cared for. Kudos to you for doing that! I admire you.

Blog Entries

One of my hobbies is writing both or either essays or actual stories. Another is making ritual tools and art from animal remains. Iím also do a lot of internet surfing and searching for information.

Other hobbies, interests, and such include studying history, historical reenactments (participated in a few so far), reading a lot, making art, and hiking/caving when I can.

I make jewelry and I knit. I read a lot, write when I don't have awful writer's block. I have my degree in what amounts to marine and freshwater biology, so ecology and animal stuff (frogs! I have one!) is a hobby. I'm also a runner, road and trai and I SCUBA divel. I also suppose snuggling is a favorite pasttime when I have someone to do it with
    Last edited by Seraphyna; January 5th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.