Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies, Activities, and Other Fun

Writing, reading, drawing, hiking, swimming, leatherworking (beginner), jewelry making (with antler), tabletop RPing, watching TV/movies, hanging out with family/friends...

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 36 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Lots of things! ^^ I'm a huge nerd so I do a lot of gaming, photography, collecting film merchandise, hiking... I'm an alternative fashion admirer too. My newest hobby is learning to rollerskate!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyewacket View Post
    My newest hobby is learning to rollerskate!
    I used to love to rollerskate!! I'm far too clumsy for rollerblades. xD We used to have a skating rink in town when I was little, and it was SO MUCH FUN. A big smooth blue rink, arcade games, food, and 90's music (because it was the 90's)! Lots of good memories there, but I haven't put on rollerskates in yeaaars.

I like...

ART!
    - drawing/painting, both pencil and digital (often a combination)
    - sculpture: usually polymer clay
    - costuming! I like making Halloween costumes and other fun wearable things, as well as braiding hemp
    - plush-making. Not my strong suit, but I try!
    I post my stuff on my deviantart, silver-sully.deviantart.com if anyone wants to see.

MOVIES!
    - I especially like artsy and strange movies, as well as good animated movies. Sometimes I watch really bad movies for amusement.

BOOKS!
    - Both fiction and non. I like fantasy books, satire, and kind of sardonic, strange styles, like Chuck Palahniuk's stuff.
    - For nonfiction, I like reading about psychology, animal behavior, and pretty much anything nature-related, as well as anything that's just weird!

VIDEOGAMES!
    - I like action and adventure type games. The Legend of Zelda is probably my most trusted game series. Once again, I also like unusual artsy games like Shadow of the Colossus and weird games like Katamari Damacy.
    - I'm not hugely into first person shooters. Left 4 Dead can be fun, though.
    - Right now I'm working on Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, and Beautiful Katamari. Assassin's Creed 2 and Mirror's Edge are on my to-do list, as well as Okamiden, which I won't buy until I've finished some of these other things.

OUTDOORS!
    - mostly I like going for day hikes. I love camping and more extensive trips, but it's almost impossible for me to find time to do those things.
    - I would much like to go canoeing some time. I've been in one before, but I want to do that in the Ozarks.
    - I like catching critters and looking at them, and since my dad has taught me to do so since I was very little, I have pretty awesome reflexes and observation skills for it now.
    - The outdoors are probably my greatest passion, and I study biology for that reason.

INTERNET!
    - What else is there to say? I like to laugh at memes and keep track of what's new on the internet. Right now my biggest addiction is Reddit. @_@ It's highly addictive and very fun.

Hah, I hope I didn't bore everyone too much with this.

Oh hell. Let's see.

First and foremost I'm a gamer. I play just about everything, although I have no interest in Halo/CoD/etc. I suck at first-person shooters, lol. Though I did play RE4. That was fun. It was even more fun when I had the unlimited-ammo tommy gun. Oh yes.

I played WoW hardcore for years. Since 2005. I quit just this past October... That's over half a decade dedicated to one game. I never thought I would tire of it... And then all my friends quit. Then it wasn't any fun anymore.

Right now I've been playing League of Legends a lot. I enjoy that, too. I especially enjoy playing with friends like Mobius and Lindielle. :3

Other than gaming, I used to be a huge anime geek. I still am to an extent, but I've grown out of the "squee" phase of the fandom... Thank god. Heck, I even watched the second Inuyasha movie just last week... And all I really felt from it was, "Man... I grew out of this."

I also draw little comics in a cartoony style. This same style is used to make people's avatars that you might have seen around here. :P Once I get to actually redrawing all my comics from my notebook I'll post them online. I've got a title figured out for it already: "An American Wolf in Canada." Snazzy, eh? ;3

I'm also working on my sculpting skills. I just recently made a little lion dance Kog'Maw keychain charm, but I think I might sell him. I'm not particularly happy with the shape of his head. I also do jewelry, like my theta-delta pendant. :3 Polymer clay is a wonderful medium to work with.

Let's see... Well, its not just for fun, but I just recently graduated from all my classes for a vet assistant program. Now I just have 100 hours of field placement, then I can get my certificate and hopefully get a job up here in the great white North!

Does sleeping count as a hobby? Because sleep is my favorite thing ever. But I also enjoy reading, writing, drawing (when I manage to draw something that isn't garbage), playing my instruments (which are oboe, english horn, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, and a small amount of piano), and singing. Oh yes, and gaming. World of Warcraft is fantastic, by the way

Nice hobbies everyone (and yes, I'd consider sleeping a hobby!)! I enjoy writing and video gaming as well. I want to get into online role-play (Harry Potter nerd...) but don't seem to have the dedication for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    - Right now I'm working on Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, and Beautiful Katamari.
    Wow, you just listed off my favorite games. The only one you're missing is Okami for PS2! Beautiful Katamari is one of those games I feel I will never beat. I've completed RDR and am working on Skyrim right now too!

Oh, jeez. There's lots of things that I like to do. I usually wind up getting really involved in one thing for a bit before abandoning it for another of my hobbies for a while. I tend to cycle through the same sorts of things, though.

I adore books and reading. Particularly fantasy, but I aslo enjoy science-fiction, psychological thrillers, and more "classic" literature like Dante's Inferno, Shakespeare, Dr. Faustus, Edgar Allen Poe, etc. I've got just about two full bookshelves of my own, and Mobius has his own collection about the same size. Unfortunately, his is still stuck in Texas, but once they get here, we'll be well on our way to having a whole wall of books. I'm excited. ^_^

I also like to do art: sketching, painting, pastels, charcoal, and I recently started messing around with a Tablet. I've got a crippling sense of self-doubt when it comes to my art, though, so that tends to put a damper on things.

I like to write as well, though I haven't done much lately. I've done both poetry and short stories in the past. Eventually, Mobius and I might end up co-authoring a novel of some sort, though.

I know how to knit, but only the basics. Scarves are about the extent of my ability there, and even then it takes me forever since I get distracted by other interests or hobbies so often. I've been in the process of making Mobius a grey and black "raccoon" striped scarf for several months now. >.< Another crafting thing: I got Mobius a woodburning tool for Christmas, and I'm thinking I'll wind up messing around with it as well. If I can find something to use it on, I might try to make pendents and such.

Video games! Those are fun. I grew up on the Spyro games, and love games similar to that. If I had a working PS2, I'd still probably be playing Spyro, Sly Cooper, and Katamari Damacy. XP I got addicted to WoW for a while, but I think I'm fully over it now. I like RPGs; the Elder Scrolls games, Fable, Dragon Age Origins, and the like. I'm not much a fan of most FPS's but Left 4 Dead is fun and so is Borderlands. Lately I've started getting into LoL, though, which is eating up a lot of my time. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Yoraeryu View Post
    Right now I've been playing League of Legends a lot. I enjoy that, too. I especially enjoy playing with friends like Mobius and Lindielle. :3
    Agreed. ^_^

I also like to sing and I know how to play the piano. Unfortunately, a lack of actual piano keeps me from doing much with that.

I also like to go on walks, and used to really enjoy horseback riding. I had to give up riding though because it got too expensive. Aside from that, I don't do too much outside even though I like the outdoors. All my other hobbies typically keep me busy inside when I'm not at work.

So yeah, I think that just about covers it.
    "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall."
    -Ray Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    I used to love to rollerskate!! I'm far too clumsy for rollerblades. xD We used to have a skating rink in town when I was little, and it was SO MUCH FUN. A big smooth blue rink, arcade games, food, and 90's music (because it was the 90's)! Lots of good memories there, but I haven't put on rollerskates in yeaaars.
    I'm VERY clumsy. Last time I skated properly I was... about seven? I was rubbish but I loved it anyway. Turns out I'm a very slow learner, but I'm not going to give up. XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lot View Post
    Nice hobbies everyone (and yes, I'd consider sleeping a hobby!)! I enjoy writing and video gaming as well. I want to get into online role-play (Harry Potter nerd...) but don't seem to have the dedication for that.

Wow, you just listed off my favorite games. The only one you're missing is Okami for PS2! Beautiful Katamari is one of those games I feel I will never beat. I've completed RDR and am working on Skyrim right now too!
    I played Okami on the Wii and it was SO MUCH FUN. Best use of the Wiimote ever.

But my Wii, Okami, Twilight Princess (ANOTHER ABSOLUTE FAVORITE), as well as YEARS worth of data on a Gamecube memory card were stolen from me a couple years ago.

I adored Okami, though. I beat it 100% and got the entire soundtrack, which includes all the silly little sound effects from the game. xD

Yay for your awesome taste in games, though! HIGH FIVE. I love Red Dead for its silly glitches and shove-people-over capabilities. A friend of mine hid behind a stranger and got the guy he punched to accidentally punch another NPC, who responded by shooting the puncher in the face. :'D Such great little features like that.

And Pye, I'm total rubbish at skating, too. I haven't been on rollerskates in years, so maybe I don't suck too bad at that, but my last memory of roller blading was nuts. My sister slipped and grabbed me for balance, but pulled us both down. All of our combined weight went into my elbow, which hit the ground squarely with all that force. It hurt so bad that my vision and hearing went out, and I had to crawl to the grass. I didn't totally black out, and my vision came back, but it took quite a while for my hearing to return, which was very strange!
    Last edited by Kisota; January 7th, 2012 at 12:59 AM.

I write fantasy stories, read, write, and do my homework. ( I think that homework is a hobby too!)