Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wearing therian related items?

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    That's pretty neat! What color is your tail? I am very nosey. :P
    The only reason I wear a collar is beause I have to live in a city. It reminds me that I have to behave and that someday I can move to the country and the collar with come off! It is symbolisim of my life in the city for the time being.
    That's exactly the way I feel! Except I don't wear therian things in public because my parents don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by KaraWolfDragon View Post
    That's exactly the way I feel! Except I don't wear therian things in public because my parents don't like it.
    My parents hate it too but since I wear it all the time, they are starting to get used to it. My mother still complains about it almost everyday but she honestly does not mind that much. :P I am not allowed to wear my tail in public but I still wear my collar.

When I was a child I wore a tail almost every day, but I was frequently targeted and bullied because of it. That, paired with my mother's disapproval, was enough for me to put the tails away. Now, I don't really have anything that I wear to express my therioside. I do miss wearing tails, though, and I think I may take up wearing one again once I'm out of the house.
    Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
    -Voltaire

Blog Entries

I do own two tails, one that was bought from a theatre, it looks good but is hard and difficult to wear. I also made one myself of faux fur, but I have to make a new way to attach it. The belt it was attached to before broke.

I also have wolf pendants, and collars. The collars are more for kinky purposes, but they do signal "animal" to people. I also like the symbolism: as a wolf in human society and body, I do have a lot in common with pet dogs, having to adapt to human social conventions.

I don't have any wolf t-shirts, since I've haven't found one I'm happy with yet. But I have made two with prints of my own. One with some random animals and the text "therian friends". Another one has the words "Shi(f)t happens" and a wolf paw print painted on it. These t-shirts are for hinting at my therianthropy and perhaps finding others.

When it comes to making myself look more like a wolf, I also paint my nails and sharpen them a bit, so that they look more like claws. On several occasions, I've used eyeliner to make my eyes look more wolfish. I also bought yellow contact lenses, but I was disappointed when the colour wasn't strong enough and one could barely tell any difference... my eyes look a bit greener, that was all.

I also have faux fur legwarmers. They're not in the right colour, but they are fluffy and nice.

I try to wear just enough to "broadcast" to other Weres - animal t-shirts, Therian related cap, etc. Also, my van has a "Were Wolf" vanity plate. Occasionally, I will get "dressed up" in black with collar (instead of tie) and arm bands

I just remembered O_o I use to wear a cat tail and ears around, but I never identified with felines!

I also wore a glow in the dark werewolf mask xD and run around the woods with it on, befriending strays. haha I can't believe I forgot that.
    Last edited by SugarBlitz; March 12th, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

I occasionally wear a tail, ears, and/or a collar. I also recently got a Theta Delta necklace that I wear quite frequently as my own in-denial hope at finding another therian in the area =P

I wear my theta-delta pendant daily. At work I have to wear it under my scrubs, but otherwise its free for people to see.

Nice pendant, isn't it, Blood? ;3

Where do you get theta-delta pendants? Are there any sites that have them for sale?
    Shiro "Themian" Ulv (pgp key)

I have a few Dragon shirts (few wolf ones too though) but thats really it. Even then I don't get to wear them that often because my school has a strict "no T-shirts policy" =.=

wish I could get away with a scaled tail, sounds like a pain to make though especially the length that I'd be requiring, wings as well would be a pain because I couldn't move them to get through doors and stuff XD
    Otherkinism/Therianthropy, Social Skills on Hard Mode!

"Don't curse the Darkness, light a candle!"
    -Hades