Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wearing therian related items?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    Where do you get theta-delta pendants? Are there any sites that have them for sale?
    I make them.

Tiger hat?

I also have a sweater that has ears on the hood. But that's about it.
    If your sig file is removed by an admin because it is larger than the limit, please do not replace it with something of the same size. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicat View Post
    Tiger hat?

I also have a sweater that has ears on the hood. But that's about it.
    I have a blue kitty cat hat like that. x3 I also have a "spirit hood" (cheap version, but it's really well made) that's a grey wolf. It has ears and is so soft and fuzzy. x3

I'm very much against wearing tails and ears or collars etc in public because to me it's a bit tacky and childish, and I tend to wear very simple clothes not connected to my therianthropy at all. (Of course, hats such as Jessicat's appeal to me because they look more "cute" than "scene", also subtle ears on hoodies or fur hats with in-tact ears during winter are quite warm and comfortable.) I have no desire to express it or make sure people see I'm "different". I'm different enough as it is without looking like a furry to my friends! I want to have a small silver theta-delta necklace made by my uncle (who's a jeweler), but I need to save up. When I get it it'll be extremely simple, small, and flat.

I own a collar but I never wear it. I just thought it was pretty (it's hand-tooled leather with embroidered flowers along it, and a ceramic tag a close friend to me made with Tibetan symbols for protection) so it hangs concealed in my closet. I have a "friendship" bracelet I made in a previous year and I decided that would represent all that is different about myself. I don't own any fuzzy hats or shirts with border collies on them, I don't own any figurines etc. I have much pride for who I am but I don't wish to explain it to others and only the people that are closest to me know about my therianthropy. To most people I'm just "that person who likes dogs kinda sorta".
    Last edited by Rebloom; March 13th, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

I have a small ceramic pendant/necklace that I wear of a white wolf. It's not exactly pure white, but it's very beautiful. I'll take a picture of it sometime and post it later.

I also bought a Timber Wolf style mock Spirit Hood from Animal Head Gear. I'm planning on wearing it for this year's Halloween costume party.

I really wanted to find a pure white wolf hood, but alas there are none to be found at the moment. I'm pretty happy with this one I did find and it only cost me $30 which is a heck of a lot cheaper than spending $130 on an authentic Spirithood. I'm also on the lookout for a decent looking tail to go along with my hood, but I won't pay more than $30 for one.
    Last edited by Somnia; October 5th, 2014 at 05:01 PM.

The only thIngs I wear that could to relate to this are, fingerless leather gloves. They help keep my hand dexterity during phantom paw shifts, also the leather in the plam feels more like paw pads, I guess. The other is a tail made of two bandanas, just to relate something physical to something mental. XD
    1nor·mal \ˈnȯr-məl\
    adjective
    1 : strictly a matter of one's opinion
    nor·mal·i·ty
    nor·mal·ly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rebloom View Post
    I'm very much against wearing tails and ears or collars etc in public because to me it's a bit tacky and childish, and I tend to wear very simple clothes not connected to my therianthropy at all. (Of course, hats such as Jessicat's appeal to me because they look more "cute" than "scene", also subtle ears on hoodies or fur hats with in-tact ears during winter are quite warm and comfortable.) I have no desire to express it or make sure people see I'm "different". I'm different enough as it is without looking like a furry to my friends! I want to have a small silver theta-delta necklace made by my uncle (who's a jeweler), but I need to save up. When I get it it'll be extremely simple, small, and flat.
    Yup, that's about how I am, too. I like subtle comfortable clothing, and I don't have any really obvious things that I wear. I think it would be kind of cool if tails became in style or something, but I don't really like attracting negative attention to myself, so I don't wear things like that around normally.

I agree animal hats can be cute, and I kind of like the hoods, too. But I don't own any.

I have a little collar... but I'm not a dog. :I So I don't even really want to wear something like that.

I also have a couple tails, both of which I made. I don't use the faux-fur one anymore because the yarn one is MUCH better. But that's something I wear in private and would only wear publicly to a con or some sort of other costume-friendly gathering. Here's a thread about the yarn tail (I love the thing - they're so much more realistic and mobile than normal faux fur tails. I can't stand thin wimpy little tails or stiff ones). There are pictures and even some videos of the movement of it - http://www.werelist.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30621
    (Video, if you don't feel like clicking through the thread - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKAoymhb7Ik)

I do wear a necklace my twin sister gave me, which is braided hemp with a small metal canine pawprint pendant on it. I rather like that, because it's pretty and it's quite subtle.

The way I see it, I have to put effort into NOT doing weird quirky animal things, so why would I draw attention to that part of myself by wearing unusual things in public? I don't feel any need to broadcast my "specialness" that way. Considering I'm working hard at college and planning on going on to grad school and beyond, making myself look childish or unprofessional on a daily basis would not play to my favor.

I don't mean this as a personal attack on anyone, but my general thought toward people who wear things like tails or big costume ears or whatever in normal public (ie, not a convention or other event) is "person who requires attention or simply MUST stand out as unique." They're quite fun, and I wish it was normal to wear stuff like that around, but since it's not, I feel like the fun isn't usually worth the negative attention.
    Last edited by Kisota; March 17th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    The way I see it, I have to put effort into NOT doing weird quirky animal things, so why would I draw attention to that part of myself by wearing unusual things in public? I don't feel any need to broadcast my "specialness" that way. Considering I'm working hard at college and planning on going on to grad school and beyond, making myself look childish or unprofessional on a daily basis would not play to my favor.

I don't mean this as a personal attack on anyone, but my general thought toward people who wear things like tails or big costume ears or whatever in normal public (ie, not a convention or other event) is "person who requires attention or simply MUST stand out as unique." They're quite fun, and I wish it was normal to wear stuff like that around, but since it's not, I feel like the fun isn't usually worth the negative attention.
    Pretty much my sentiment.

Conventions, though, all bets are off. I eventually want to own a fursuit.

I'll settle for LoL cosplay instead. ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    I have over fifty wolf shirts that I wear on a regular basis. I also have a mock spirit hood, tail, and collar which I'll wear on special occasions.

I've also got *TONS* of necklaces and charms related to wolves.

The collar is less about being a therian and more about the fashion of it, though.

[SIZE=3]Pictures:[/SIZE]
    1. Wolf shirt, collar, and some necklaces.
    2. Mock spirit-hood, collar, wolf shirt, more necklaces.
    3. Tail
    4. Newest Wolf Shirts (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Damn your wolf stuff owns mine. I really like the tail and shirt #4 :3 pretty much like all the other stuff too obviously. :P

As for me, I wear a wolf necklace everyday. Also have a t-shirt and belt buckle. But that's pretty much it. I don't really want to get any more stuff though I have enough people asking me "what's up with you and wolves?"

However I've ALWAYS wanted a tail for as long as I can remember. Although I don't think anyone in my life would approve if I started wearing a tail unfortunately. Also it would draw attention to me which is not what I want at all.

However I've ALWAYS wanted a tail for as long as I can remember. Although I don't think anyone in my life would approve if I started wearing a tail unfortunately. Also it would draw attention to me which is not what I want at all.
    I think that sums up my feelings on this subject in a quick nutshell. I could probably get away with a spirit hood (since they're awesomely warm and fun) but a tail would be harder to do without raising questions.

Explaining my therianthropy is tough enough as it is for myself sometimes, and a lot of people I know look down on/make fun of the furry fandom and I doubt they'd be able to pick up the difference. Since I also spend most of my life as a professional in a corporate office, wearing something big to show my therianthropy is just not a good idea.

I wear a wolf necklace (like Scruo-Lupo) but when I'm at work or out and about, I wear it under my shirt so only I know it's there. I've also been meaning to get a tail or collar that I can wear when I go to the club. There's one out here where its not uncommon and wearing any sort of animal clothing (even full fur suits) is not negative. But places like that in the South are few and far between sadly