Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skydiving and Ziplining

Default Skydiving and Ziplining

I'm doing both tomorrow, though the skydiving is actually indoor skydiving. Either way my inner Dragon will be pretty psyched, heck I think just about any adventurous person would like it, but it may be even more fun for those with a connection to flying.
    Has anyone else here done either? The skydiving is a first for me.
    Otherkinism/Therianthropy, Social Skills on Hard Mode!

"Don't curse the Darkness, light a candle!"
    -Hades

Not so much skyding or ziplining, but hang gliding, man what I would give... If I wasn't so chicken shit of heights <.<

Yeah, think I'll just settle for dusting off my Dreamcast, popping in Sonic Adventure 1 and gliding around the Mystic Ruins as Knuckles.

Echidnas <3

I can now safely say indoor skydiving is all of nothing like flying as I know it... Sad too. Though it was still a lot of fun.
    Otherkinism/Therianthropy, Social Skills on Hard Mode!

"Don't curse the Darkness, light a candle!"
    -Hades

I would love to skydive with those gliding suits.

But, like WolfBone, I'm terrified of heights. You'd have to pry the side of the airplane off and toss it out the door with me attached to it, screeching.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoraeryu View Post
    I would love to skydive with those gliding suits.
    ... Wait, they make gliding suits?! Okay, that just might make it worth it for me. A gliding echidnawuff suit. Definitely worth it.

Default Zip lining

So, if you don't mind my asking, how was it for you?
    I've worked at a scout camp from 2007-present, where I overcame my fear of heights (I'm a wolf, they are unnatural for me), and worked in our high adventure department - that is, climbing, ropes courses, and, of course, zip lining! It's a breathtaking experience for anyone, I should think. It certainly was for me!

Ziplining is awesome, once you get over the fear that you're jumping off a who-knows-how-tall platform. After that part it is like you're flying! I love stuff that involves a feeling like you're flying.

Blog Entries

I think I went ziplining, once. Not sure, though.

I did go rappeling, however, and I guess they're sort of the same thing, just in different directions.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

I can do this all safely within my own head during sleepy time I don't need money!
    I'll bleed out all these tears and take this pain
    Maybe the path is fighting in vain
    And I can't carry on, I just can't be the one, again...

Blog Entries

I've been ziplining and it was sheer amazingness. haven't been skydiving, but I want to someday. going up in the zero-G plane tomorrow so I guess I'm about to discover what it's like to be a snow leopard without gravity. I wonder what a phantom shift would feel like...I'll report back!