Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skydiving and Ziplining

I don't think that I have actually done those things...but the funny thing is, last night I had a lucid dream about me hang gliding. Haha.
    And even just in my dreams it was really nice.
    -Rail
    Dal momento che sono vivo...questa l'unica strada che posso prendere.

бороться до конца

Blog Entries

Despite (or maybe because ) I am avian, I am really not interested in skydiving or Zip-lining. Zip-lining maybe but skydiving is a for sure no. Part of being avian also comes with a strong distaste for falling. (After all - a bird that is falling is a dead bird if it can't start flying again, kind of mentality for me.) Zip-lining seems interesting but still I don't have a huge interest.

- Zeoriel

I'm a bit of an "outdoor sports" fanatic (I don't tend to call them "extreme sports," even though that's the more common term) and have done just about everything except skydiving and bungee jumping (the idea of bungee jumping seriously bores me). I would definitely try sky diving, though.

I've never had the feeling of flying with zip lining, though. Well, maybe a little. I always have a VERY strong urge to jump off of high platforms, though, even ones where the surface below is not a forgiving one and would make for a very pancaked Kassidy. Cliff diving is definitely the closest I've had to a flying type of feeling, though. I don't seem to get quite the same feeling when wearing any sort of equipment (such as with the climbing, rappelling, or glide/sailing sports)... granted, I still enjoy them all just as much!

I've sometimes wondered why I have such a strong urge to take flying leaps off of everything... even though the logical half of me knows I would end up splatted on the ground below as a result. Lol.
    "To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from."

Red face

I just say no to skydiving and ziplining. LOL

I don't even like swinging on a swingset -- not even as a kid did I enjoy it. I like being on the ground, although looking over high ledges and things like that don't bother me. It's the feeling of being in motion at a height that makes me sick to my stomach and hurts my head.

I also say no to roller coasters lol.

I strangely would love to be a bird, but whatever my makeup in this lifetime just doesn't do well with things like that.
    Wolves may feature in our myths, our history and our dreams, but they have their own future, their own loves, their own dreams to fulfill.
    [ Anthony Miles ]

Quote Originally Posted by Kassidy View Post
    ... have done just about everything except skydiving and bungee jumping (the idea of bungee jumping seriously bores me). I would definitely try sky diving, though.
    If yout hink bungee jumping will bore you, you're probably right. I thought it would and it did nothing for me. But then again, I didn't get an adrenaline rush off of skydiving when I did it either. Well, I did get some adrenaline from being strapped to a random stranger ( I hate being touched), but not the fun kind. It might be better if I were in control instead of just a passenger, but I'm not willing to put in the time/money to find out. Now hang gliding- that looks like fun. I really must try that.

broken teeth and permanent disfigurement is a possibility in all sports
    outdoors or otherwise
    but only in Xtreme sports is it the actual goal
    that's the difference
    The Moar You Know!

I don't particularly want to skydive. I have a big fear of heights and not having something tie me to something solid like a cliff just scares me. I have an issue with flying as is let alone jumping from a plane.

I wouldn't mind ziplining though I might chicken out and not do it. I just don't know how well I'd do on it without freaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    I also say no to roller coasters lol.
    Rollercoasters (and most other spin/whip you around like mad rides) make me puke. Lol. I'm not sure why, since I can easily endure being whipped around in all the sports I do... or tossed/bounced around on turbulent waters. *Shrugs.*

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitive Dissonance View Post
    If you think bungee jumping will bore you, you're probably right.
    ...I didn't get an adrenaline rush off of skydiving when I did it either. Well, I did get some adrenaline from being strapped to a random stranger
    ...might be better if I were in control instead of just a passenger, but I'm not willing to put in the time/money to find out
    ...hang gliding- that looks like fun.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm not too keen on being a passenger, either... I'd much rather be falling through the air by myself. I, too, don't really want to spend all the money it would take to get to that point right now, either, though. As for hang and paragliding, both AWESOME fun. Both are pretty popular here in Utah, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    broken teeth and permanent disfigurement is a possibility in all sports
    outdoors or otherwise
    but only in Xtreme sports is it the actual goal
    that's the difference
    LMAO! OMG, I LOVE that! Mind if I steal it?
    "To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from."

No way in hell would I ever go skydiving. Oh wait, I did parasailing before but I don't think I would do it again. But I would go ziplining. There is this small zipline site in Wildwood crest N.J but its nothing scary. Its a small ziplining tour on the beach.

I'd do a zipline, but someone would have to pay me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. That said, if someone DID offer to pay I'd probably do it. I doubt I'd enjoy it, but screw it, why not?

(I dive with sharks regularly, but free-falling thousands of feet? No thanks!)

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 36 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch