Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A therian's "cub/s" and parenting in general.

I find it interesting that so many therians don't want human children. I suppose I can understand it though.

Its just strange to me, I guess, because I've always loved children but basically despise humans...I was ranting about humans once here and actually was surprised when the species got support. It appears I'm opposite in this aspect though, haha.
    “When a dove begins to associate with crows its feathers remain white but its heart grows black” ~German proverb

"Suddenly, everything seemed as fragile as a moth's wing, as fleeting as a drop of dew" (482) Yellowfang's Secret

it does seem to be pretty prevalent that most Therians (at least that I am aware of) are not huge fans of the idea of children. But, in a lot of ways I understand. As I said in a prior post, I used to be completely anti-kids!!

I can't really explain why my mentality changed either. It doesn't really make much sense to me, especially with as intense as my feelings used to be about children.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Garamond"]Our destiny changes with our thought; we shall become what we wish to become, do what we wish to do, when our habitual thought corresponds with our desire.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Blog Entries

I think it can happen. While right now I don't feel like I'm going to want kids, I recognize the possibility that I may eventually feel differently. And if I decide someday that is definitely what I want, cool! I'm sure if I actually wanted to do it, I would enjoy it.

Actually, I really enjoy the idea of being an aunt or otherwise having kids in the near family. I just... don't really want them myself. Maybe if I do become an aunt, I'll realize I would actually really like having kids of my own. Who knows? For now, the look, smell, and sound of babies makes my non-existent hackles stand on nervous, tooth-grinding end.

I used to actively despise children, also. I think what changed for me is that, as I become an adult, I realize more and more that the things I disliked about kids had much more to do with bad parenting than flaws inherent to being young. I still am a bit awkward around young children, because I am just about the youngest in my extended family and never got used to interacting closely with kids, but I don't hate them - in fact, I think kids are pretty cool, and when I see parents who obviously are raising their kids well, I feel quite happy, and look forward to raising a kid, myself. Babies, not so much - I think they're gross and can't get past that. Maybe I will someday, because I know I want to be a parent eventually.

I went through a phase of "I really want kids", but it lasted a couple of months and then disappeared on me. I have several reasons for not wanting them: I'm FtM and the sheer thought of having to carry it myself grosses me out and highly upsets me; They're gross. I have an immune disorder and I'd rather not be at risk of getting sick because the kid is sick.; Because of said immune disorder, I have the high risk of being paralyzed for life from being pregnant and I know I would heavily resent that kid for landing me in a wheelchair; I have an issue with space. I do not like sharing it with anyone, including my ex who I swore I loved [and probably did at the time]. Having him in my space annoyed the hell out of me. Whenever he touched something [even a pencil], I'd get just tiniest bit pissed off. Sorry, but it's my space and while I may invite you in, don't touch a damn thing. Kids are a threat to that space and territory. Kids are also felt as a threat to my dog, which comes first before all over people (except my parents and sister), but my dog has issues with kids because my cousins teased the hell out of her when she was a puppy so I wouldn't be having kids until after she died which probably won't be until I'm in my 30s and, by then, it's too late. I don't want kids after the age of 27 because I want my old age to myself and whoever I'm with at the moment.

Is it possible my opinion will change? Possibly, but probably not within the next year and that's when I will start transitioning and I'm only attracted to men so having my own kids is completely out of the picture. I'm not against adoption and actually think people should go that route due to overpopulation of the earth, but the chances of an FtM and gay man [or another FtM] being allowed to adopted aren't all that high.

I share you feelings of not enjoying sharing my space, Arawn. I hate it. I hate people being in my space and touching my shit, even with permission. I hated sleepovers because I couldn't stand people in my house for that long. I also woke up one time and caught my best friend at the time trying to log on to my laptop while I was asleep. I wanted to tear the thing from her and boot her out the door, I was so pissed.

But, strangely enough, I don't get that space-sharing hatred from my fiancee. I don't mind him sleeping in the same room as me or touching my stuff or even eating my food. ...Probably because he's the one that paid for the food, but meh. I take that as a good sign that this relationship will continue to work for a long, long time. :3

I hated even my own family moving in to my mother's house. I moved out for all of a day before my mother begged me to come back and forced the brother and his cunt girlfriend to move out instead.

I do, however, get the hatred from my brother-in-law, but at the moment I'm living in his house so I can't tell him to get the hell out. I can't wait to move out and have my own house with the fiancee.

As for kids, though... I don't think I'll get that hatred from them. I think it'll be along the same lines of getting a new puppy for awhile in terms of space sharing. Dunno how I'll feel once they grow up and spread their own lives across the entire house. We'll just have to see in several years.

Brunswick, coburg area Victoria Australia

I'm only 16 but I do want cubs someday, only problem is I absolutely loath that new born smell, it makes me want to hurl. I find new borns worse to handle because im repulsed by them. ( ive gotten the experience from handling my siblings).

I'm not particularly disgusted by infants. I pick up my dog's poop and clean her vomit, so what's the difference, right? Although I do find them terribly ugly. As in...mini Jason ugly. Ew.

I wouldn't want kids for two reasons; 1, I'm afraid I'd fuck them up ;P and 2, I persdnally think that it's irresponsible to have children when the world is so overpopulated already.
    "Of course it's in your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

Nonsense, Sol! The world can handle at least another 3 or 4 billion humans before it's entirely unliveable. :P

I tend to do really well around children, so long as I don't have to take care of them. I'm good at negotiating with them, and getting them interested in learning stuff.

I once wanted to be a schoolteacher, so I could shape young people's minds. Then I realized I'd have to babysit young people, and changed my mind.

Blog Entries

I do plan on taking on a sort of apprentice as I get older. Legacy immortality, if you will.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier