Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guest Lecture!

That will do, and I'll do the crossposting on the rest of the site as needed.

Serious academic attention on the topic is something I'd generally like to encourage. There is a fair amount of almost completely unexplored research potential in this condition, IMO, and I for one would like better answers in my lifetime.

Trevor Addie, presently an undergraduate student, is going to be giving a guest lecture for an anthropology class at American University in Washington, DC this coming Spring Semester (Spring 2013). The lecture is going to be tentatively entitled “Therianthropy: A State of Being” and seeks to examine therianthropy, a state of being in which human bodied individuals identify in some manner as a non-human animal; the therianthropic state of being as a personal experience; and will feature a class discussion on the social implications of identifying as a therianthrope, the importance of community, and the benefits of increased awareness. The date is currently to be determined, but it will be held on either a Tuesday or a Friday from 4:00pm-5:15pm US Eastern Time (GMT -5). Currently, the plan is to have the event live streamed and videorecorded. If you would be interested in viewing a live stream or post-lecture video footage of the event, please e-mail DCTherianthropyLecture@live.com.

Crossposted and stickied.

I am asking our members here to post links to other therian communities where it would be okay for DC-Anthropologist (or us) to post this announcement. I appreciate all of your suggestions and contributions.

Updated Advertisement for Listservs and Forums (please spread this if you have the okay to do so!):

Trevor Addie, an American University alum, is going to be giving a guest lecture for an anthropology class at American University in Washington, DC on March 5, 2013. The lecture is going to be tentatively entitled “Therianthropy: A State of Being” and seeks to examine therianthropy, a state of being in which human bodied individuals feel some manner of connection and/or identity with a non-human animal; the therianthropic state of being as a personal experience; and will feature a class discussion on the social implications of identifying as a therianthrope, the importance of community, and the benefits of increased awareness. The lecture will be recorded and livestreamed Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 2:00pm US Eastern Time (GMT -5). For all interested in viewing the livestream, please e-mail DCTherianthropyLecture@live.com for further instructions.

I'm excited for this! How about everybody else? =)
    Last edited by Trevor; January 16th, 2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Replacing with the latest update.

Ridiculously excited I honestly can't wait. Already following the livestream event.