Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Site Open

Default New Site Open

Those of you that were around 6mo to a year ago might remember a site being made for WVZ and others that felt the need for a different site for various different reasons OP is mention in other threads in this section as well as in the old posts from last year..

I'm officially opening this to weres and therians that are interested - a new forum -- not sure how active it'll end up, I'd like to keep adding to it as well a more uniform site with a store for animal/spirituality related crafts and gemstone jewelry, but want to officially 'open' for members to come and join. Otherkin accepted but mostly for weres & therians, no offense meant in anyway, feel free to read the posts leading up to the creation of this site and if you still have questions just ask.

Forest Horizon is a new forum site for were-beasts and therians, aiming for a supportive, community feel, with a large section on offline community activities such as DIY projects, gardening, hiking, howls etc. This is not the forum for new therians to ask the why, how’s, and every other newbie question; there are plenty of other forums for that, members will answer questions if you want to ask but Forest Horizon is more of a place where members can talk about their lives, goals for the future, and real time community gathering & progression, ; to create communication and friendships, without the majority of the forum being soul seeking questions

Also as an FYI since it's my forum I don't hide the fact that I believe there to be a difference between people who are the animal and people who just identify or have a connection to the animal, no one is better than the other but there is a difference, I'm not the only one that's noticed it -- original post has more info if needed. I as well as some members prefer to used the older term 'were'. Under the Rules and articles section.. read the articles, if you don't agree with points made the site might not be for you.

http://werebeastcommunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

I think the idea for a forum more devoted to community and "real life" activities beyond just discovery and such is great - what a nice thing to encourage!
    But I don't think I'd really fit in so well... the "three types of were" doesn't really encompass how I feel about myself (since I am neither spiritual nor species-dysphoric) so I'm guessing I'd be out of place in a forum where therianthropy is defined in more black-and-white ways.

Still, I think you guys are encouraging some cool stuff with the focus on hiking, gardening, crafts, and such - the latter two are my favorite activities at the moment! So good luck to you on the new forum, I hope it does well.

That's great! Feel free to point folks to it from here.

Blog Entries

I think it's a wonderful idea, and I'd love to sign up. I tried to, but it wouldn't let me get past not entering the "gender" option. Please either make it optional, or have a third item on the drop down list that says "other".
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis

I'll try but that might be a proboards thing, in which case I'll contact them about it, I'm pretty new to website stuff.

Edit - yea I have no control over it, it looks like proboards only offers male or female, I sent them a note but likely its not something they'll change right away.
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

Blog Entries

What original post are you referring to?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yourdeer View Post
    I think the idea for a forum more devoted to community and "real life" activities beyond just discovery and such is great - what a nice thing to encourage!
    But I don't think I'd really fit in so well... the "three types of were" doesn't really encompass how I feel about myself (since I am neither spiritual nor species-dysphoric) so I'm guessing I'd be out of place in a forum where therianthropy is defined in more black-and-white ways.

Still, I think you guys are encouraging some cool stuff with the focus on hiking, gardening, crafts, and such - the latter two are my favorite activities at the moment! So good luck to you on the new forum, I hope it does well.
    Same, and I have other reasons why I don't think I'd be comfortable there.

Which of course raises the questions of what we do now that the threads on planning offline groups and such are moved.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Actually, I fit it quite nicely into the 2nd type of "Wereness" category. Very much rings true for my own experience at least.

I also wish the new forum much luck and that it sees growth in the future.

It is very much a good thing to have sites with different cultures and atmospheres so that needs can be met for more people. That just isn't possible to do on a single site, so it is a good thing when sites are a little (or a lot) different.

It is not possible to please all of the people all of the time, so the ideal outcome is different sites where different people will feel comfortable, with constructive dialogue and mutual support between them.

Let us know what we can do to boost your traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
    I'll try but that might be a proboards thing, in which case I'll contact them about it, I'm pretty new to website stuff.

Edit - yea I have no control over it, it looks like proboards only offers male or female, I sent them a note but likely its not something they'll change right away.
    I had that issue when signing up also, but decided to just pick a gender anyway. Then once I'd signed up I found there is an option to hide your gender, which I did. So for those uncomfortable with picking either male or female that's an option.
    I don't believe proboards let you alter the gender options unfortunately, though I may be wrong.
    The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness
    - John Muir