Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Theriomythic Website

Default Potential Theriomythic Website

This idea was partially spurred by a member of House of Chimeras and then seeing the term "theriomythic" come up once more in a conversation on this site. Anyway, there seems to be several therians who identify as a non-Earth based animal that is animalistic in nature and it appears that their needs aren't necessarily being met on a therian site or on an Otherkin site for whatever reason.

I wanted to throw out the idea of creating a site for theriomythics (or whatever term people wish to use) to meet those needs. It may not be a big site or even be a very active site, but it would be there as a resource to people who wish to use it.

The problem is, I don't know how to make forums. I could use a free forum, which would probably be easiest, but I don't know of any good ones and I would like help in the creation of the forum. So, I'm here asking for help and asking what would you like the site to contain?

I don't know anything about creating a forum, but I'm on staff on a few and would be willing to lend a hand in the endeavor. Basically, I'd like a site like this one, only more geared towards the mythical side of animal identity. Aren't I specific? Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyna View Post
    I don't know anything about creating a forum, but I'm on staff on a few and would be willing to lend a hand in the endeavor. Basically, I'd like a site like this one, only more geared towards the mythical side of animal identity. Aren't I specific? Haha.
    I'd love to have you on board with this. :3 And so specific. But it makes sense and I'd love to incorporate it into the site.

Blog Entries

As far as a free forum system goes, Forumotion seems alright. The set-up is fairly good and rather easy to work with it seems like. Not Proboards for the love of whatever is sane in the universe goes though.

Spiridon was an admin on Unicorns on A Human Journey and he thought the guts of that forum set-up was good for a free forum.

- Kardegray

Thank you! I'll definitely check out Forumotion. I've never heard of it, but Proboards does seem like a pain from what I've seen.

Feral Nature uses Forumotion, seems pretty good.

That's good to know! I'm looking at Forumotion and I'll probably wind up using that.

And a question that came to mind:

What would people like to see the name of the forum be?

F*** you I'm a dragon!

Kidding...I'm the worst at naming things.

Blog Entries

I also like the idea of the forum having a an air similar to Werelist because the whole reason we are most active on Werelist is because this forum suits our animalistic needs most.

For a title, I think something simple. Not with the term 'theriomythics' though in the title I think.

- Kardegray

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyna View Post
    F*** you I'm a dragon!

Kidding...I'm the worst at naming things.
    You're not allowed to name things.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Chimeras View Post
    I also like the idea of the forum having a an air similar to Werelist because the whole reason we are most active on Werelist is because this forum suits our animalistic needs most.

For a title, I think something simple. Not with the term 'theriomythics' though in the title I think.

- Kardegray

I agree. I love the air of Werelist and I would like the other site to be able to have a similar air as well. It's currently the only site I'm very active on, but it's because it also suits my needs best (at least currently).

Yeah, that might be a good idea. I'm awful with names, though, so I'm not certain as to what it could be named. =/