Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Theriomythic Website

This sounds similar to when I was tossing the idea of a more general "'Kinlist" around. XP Sort of a sister site to Werelist with the same feel and general rules, but open to more types of 'kin.

I'd be willing to help however I can, though I don't have experience in building/running a forum either.
    "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall."
    -Ray Bradbury

Blog Entries

Kinlist...hm... I like that.

The only other idea I can think of is "Beast State" but that's still kind of blah...

- kardegray

Quote Originally Posted by House of Chimeras View Post
    Kinlist...hm... I like that.

The only other idea I can think of is "Beast State" but that's still kind of blah...

- kardegray
    You beat me to it. I like "Kinlist". It's kind of catchy.

@ Lindiel:

I've got slight experience in helping run communities, but never in the sense of being one of the main people. So...it'd be a learning thing for me, too. And your help would be appreciated. ^_^
    __

So, a potential name could be Kinlist if people went for that. If we don't get any other suggestions for names, we can do that.

This sounds like a great idea and I support those who will work on and maintain it. For now, I don't have much to offer in the way of helping out, but I might volunteer as a moderator after the forum is established (I won't take on being a forum admin anywhere, though). I can also signal boost this idea in some places to get the word out more and hopefully get more help for the project. And I'll try to think of a potential name--don't know if I'll come up with anything worthwhile though.
    My therianthropy writings:
    ~Check out Project Shift, and help contribute to its further development
    ~Poly'kin of: mongoose, domestic cat, domestic horse, winged theropod (erdenvogel), and vampire'kin (blutpir) [not psi/sang]

Quote Originally Posted by Sonne_Spiritwind View Post
    This sounds like a great idea and I support those who will work on and maintain it. For now, I don't have much to offer in the way of helping out, but I might volunteer as a moderator after the forum is established (I won't take on being a forum admin anywhere, though). I can also signal boost this idea in some places to get the word out more and hopefully get more help for the project. And I'll try to think of a potential name--don't know if I'll come up with anything worthwhile though.
    Thank you so much, Sonne! I wouldn't ask anyone to take on a role they don't want. I'm willing to be the only admin if that's necessary. And that would be great! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindiel View Post
    This sounds similar to when I was tossing the idea of a more general "'Kinlist" around. XP Sort of a sister site to Werelist with the same feel and general rules, but open to more types of 'kin.
    It's not that Werelist isn't open to more types of kin, but it is true that it would be very, very useful to have a space specifically for theriomythics and the 'borderline' therian/otherkin experiences where the focus could be on their particular support issues. Great idea!

As always, feel free to steal whatever bits you find useful from Werelist's structure and ignore or rework whatever bits don't suit you.

If you can spare the $8/year for a domain name I would gladly provide you hosting (and forum software which is easy to use).
    -TerrorWolf
    Senior Community Administrator, Weresource
    IRC Network Administrator, Weresource IRC
    http://www.weresource.org

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    It's not that Werelist isn't open to more types of kin, but it is true that it would be very, very useful to have a space specifically for theriomythics and the 'borderline' therian/otherkin experiences where the focus could be on their particular support issues. Great idea!

As always, feel free to steal whatever bits you find useful from Werelist's structure and ignore or rework whatever bits don't suit you.
    Thank you for the support! And thank you for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by terrorwolf View Post
    If you can spare the $8/year for a domain name I would gladly provide you hosting (and forum software which is easy to use).
    I can't spare any money now (even $8, but I'm dead broke), but at some point that might become feasible. Thank you, though.

This is definitely something I would like to get behind! (And not just because new and shiny appeals to me! ) Mostly because a place for more animalistic otherkin is something connected to my own experiences which I'd like to explore more.

I'd like to help however I'm needed, whether that's designing graphics, helping to run said forum, advertising, etc. Just let me know how I can help!

I do like the name Kinlist, it's certainly catchy. But I worry that the name will automatically make people assume it's for all sorts of otherkin, not just specific to theriomythics. And while I assume anyone is a welcomed member, isn't the focus supposed to just be on theriomythics? I would also caution against using certain new agey type terms in the title. Plus, 'list' makes me think of the old mailing lists through Yahoo. But since it would be a forum, I think it could still apply.

What about something with 'feral' in the name since it's for more animalistic 'kin? Something like Feral Otherworld or Feral Kin or Feral Kinlist or even just Theriomythics? Just throwing out other ideas.

I'm not familiar with setting up a forum, just modifying it and running it once it's already been created. However, my good buddy 'hoku did everything for OKP so I can shoot zir an email with specific questions regarding phpBB boards. And as far as I can tell, the basic phpBB forum is also free.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Blog Entries

If anything maybe to cover some bases maybe something like [name of forum] : A resource for animalistic otherkin, theriomythics, and non-Earth animal therians.” I think trying to cover bases of topic but not get to pick on terms might be best. Sense there are non-Earth animal identified people who cringe at being called ’otherkin,’ otherkin that see themselves as animalistic but don’t recognize themselves as [therio/an]-anything, people that don’t care for the term or have never heard of the term theriomythic, and so on. (Like for myself, I just recoil away from the 'mythic' because I see nothing that fits the word in my species so I don't like to be associated with the term.)

One possible confusion with ‘Feral’ is there is already a forum called Feral Nature. So we might also want to be aware of what other forums are named. So not to end up picking something to similar to another forum or websites name. We don’t need confusion.

I also, like the idea though having a word that means feral/bestial/animalistic/wild/primitive/natural/etc along the lines of meaning in the title.

- Kardegray