Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Potential Theriomythic Website

I'm not sure if the forum is technically "open" yet but I did make an account. I've logged in a few times and made a test post while I was at it.

It makes me watch an add to get a code before I'm allowed to log in, which is the most obnoxious form of advertising I've seen on a free site builder before, and it looks like each member has to personally pay out of pocket for the privilege of not having to watch the commercials to get the codes? At least, that's the deal it offered me as a basic member, pay the site a monthly fee to not have to see the adds.

Is the 20 minute limit on editing a post intentional? I usually take advantage of post editing on Werelist and other forums to avoid having to double post if something new occurs to me on a topic but no one else has posted in the thread since I did. I would like to put in my vote to have that time limit removed if it's possible, otherwise I would have to sit and wait for someone else to post to avoid breaking the typical no double-posting rule.

Anyway, just thought I'd put those thoughts here in this thread since it doesn't look like anyone is online for a group chat and I'm not sure if the actual forum is ready for members to make new threads discussing its formation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamaseen View Post
    I'm not sure if the forum is technically "open" yet but I did make an account. I've logged in a few times and made a test post while I was at it.

It makes me watch an add to get a code before I'm allowed to log in, which is the most obnoxious form of advertising I've seen on a free site builder before, and it looks like each member has to personally pay out of pocket for the privilege of not having to watch the commercials to get the codes? At least, that's the deal it offered me as a basic member, pay the site a monthly fee to not have to see the adds.

Is the 20 minute limit on editing a post intentional? I usually take advantage of post editing on Werelist and other forums to avoid having to double post if something new occurs to me on a topic but no one else has posted in the thread since I did. I would like to put in my vote to have that time limit removed if it's possible, otherwise I would have to sit and wait for someone else to post to avoid breaking the typical no double-posting rule.

Anyway, just thought I'd put those thoughts here in this thread since it doesn't look like anyone is online for a group chat and I'm not sure if the actual forum is ready for members to make new threads discussing its formation yet.
    The information has been sporadic - not everyone has been informed of everything yet, as far as I know. In other words, no meetings, just messages between each other. I'm keen to have a meetup as well.

Anyway. I was unaware the forums are already up. I'd ask for the link, but I'm unsure whether Arawn wants to spread it yet.

Hard to say about advertising because I've not seen the forums, however, my guess is the forums are located on a free hosting service.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamaseen View Post

I'm on the group chat right now. o.O I'll check everything out, though.

(I'm left permanently logged in so I wasn't aware of the captcha before it lets you in.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluewing View Post
    The information has been sporadic - not everyone has been informed of everything yet, as far as I know. In other words, no meetings, just messages between each other. I'm keen to have a meetup as well.

Anyway. I was unaware the forums are already up. I'd ask for the link, but I'm unsure whether Arawn wants to spread it yet.

Hard to say about advertising because I've not seen the forums, however, my guess is the forums are located on a free hosting service.
    I've also been e-mailing things via gmail (I even sent the link out to everyone via e-mail). =/ And then I put everything in the chat on Skype so everyone's got all of the information.=/

I registered and have to be approved, so get on that

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphyna View Post
    I registered and have to be approved, so get on that
    :P You've been approved.

The forum isn't officially open yet since we're still trying to set things up like graphics and subforums. Patience, people. When the lifeguards are ready, the pool will be opened!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch