Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Age

A. I'm 25 (since last month)

B. I've always been mentally older than my physical age; when I was 7, I had the mental disposition of an adult in their early 30s. As to how old I feel now... Late 70s I think, taking my grandfather as a reference point. This is not how old I think I 'should' be, more how old I consider my mental age to be.

C. My therian self... She's an adolescent. She still loves playing around like a youngster but every now and then she reminds me of her age.

D. I suppose, in a way that it's far closer to my actual age than my mental age. The disparity of a few years (when put into human age terms) may be down to being linked with when we became medians, the age that happened being when she was essentially born.
    I think her playfulness might be influenced by my perceived mental age being what it is; older people tend to show a form of child-likeness.
    ~ The Thread Won't Cut ~
    "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." - Martin Buber

A. How old (or approximately!) are you?
    I am 16, turning 17 in less than a month :s

B. How old do you feel?
    I feel anything but my real age, honestly. Sometimes I feel 5 and sometimes I'm 30.

C. Do you feel as if your therian-self is any certain age?
    Nah, usually my animal side is just whatever age I feel like being. But, being a shapeshifter, I do tend to shift into different animals depending on my mood.

D. Does the perceived age of your animal-self relate at all to your human age?
    Yup. It changes with me.

A. I'm 20
    B. I feel older though, I've always been the one looking after people regardless of their age so I feel around 28 to 30.
    C. My wolfside feels like a mature adult, maybe 3 or 4 years old?
    D. I suppose the perceived age and my perceived theriotype's age do seem to correlate, both feeling older than the fact that I'm barely out of my teens.
    Normality is an illusion, what's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly

I'm thirty.
    I feel pretty damn up there in age sometimes; I've had way too much life experience in me.
    My 'therian-side' feels pretty timeless, I can't pin it down.
    Nnnnnope.

I am 21 years old.

B. How old do you feel?
    I don't quite understand age. I get the concept, but I don't really get how I should apply it to myself outside of the numbers. I feel too young and far too old to be in this body, all at the same time. I tend to feel ageless.

Pretty much the same: stuck in ageless limbo.

Sorta? It coincides with my interpretation of the sensation of aging, anyway.
    Hit the button, Frank.

24, will be 25 in December.

24, I think. Physically I feel 24 and mentally, probably the same. Sometimes I feel like I relate more to older folk given they're not fresh out of college and they have more real world experience. Not many 24 year old's have already gone through a divorce, haha. I tend to have a wide range of friends as well, anywhere from 18 to 65.

My therioside is young, probably an adolescent. I get rather spastic and playful when I m-shift.

I don't feel much like a teenager other than the rare occasion or when I'm m-shifting so I'd have to say no.

I'm 24 years old.

B. How old do you feel?
    Eh, I ping people for anywhere between 15 and 45. I used to say I felt like a "kitten" but now I just kind of feel like I jump back and forth between being too young for my body and much too old. My joints and physical issues make me feel older. In person people tend to mistake me for being much younger, quite often. I can't tell if this is just by my behavior (bouncy and friendly when this occurs) or because they are trying to mistakenly compliment me.... in some weird sociological habit of "hey tell the ladies they look younger, they LOVE that." I have no desire to look like jailbait, sorry guys. The only time people judge me as older is when going by height (usually younger kids) because I am quite tall for the average woman.

I picture my therian-self the same as my human-self. As for me, there's no real difference. If I'm meditating on pastlife memories (not that I really have much of any) I tend to picture my past cat self as either an adult in prime, or whatever age of the memories/feelings my reaching bumps into. I don't do this much, since forcing things tends to cause the mind to make up stuff, which I don't want. So. Whatever.

As I said, they're the same. I feel just as much as a kitten as I do an adult queen, the same way I feel like a human child but also an adult woman. It just depends on the situation, I suppose.
    [FONT="Georgia"]"Everyone sees what you appear to be,
    few experience what you really are
    ."[/FONT]
    ―Niccolò Machiavelli

I'm 24.

B. How old do you feel?

I feel old. I've always felt older than my age group. I've been told, even as a child, that I have an old soul.

My therian self has always more reflected my actual age, so right now maybe 2-3years (young adult).

Yes. Moreso than I normally feel.

Blog Entries

Necro, coming up! Get it while it's hot! Or cold. Hmm, are revived things usually hot or cold?
    Early 20s
    B. How old do you feel?
    Fuck if I know. Sometimes I feel like I've been around forever. Sometimes I feel like I just got here.
    I feel like a new-adult cormorant/anhinga. So that's about where my human age is. I'm questioning a "theriotype" that may turn out to be a juvenile dinosaur. My idea on how that could work is that I was one in some past life and died early. Probably due to a predator.
    oops I just answered that

Blog Entries

1. Early twenties.
    2. These days, older. My relation to technology and popular culture has not changed with the times, at least not as quickly as it has for most people my generation. People are using Instagram and I'm still preferring IRC networks and forums. And I've been around long enough to see a lot of places fall by the wayside, or change a lot (not just in the therian community, either). Offline, change like that tends to happen more slowly, so living through those changes makes me feel older than I actually am.
    3. Not really.
    4. Again, not really.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier