Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wolf Children (Anime)

@ Wolfgirl - I saw it the same way as well. I think I posted in the thread about how I think Yuki is going to be more like her Father in that she will live a mostly human life, but will show her wolf self to those she really cares about and can trust. The scene with her and the boy while they were both stranded at the school was her coming to terms with her wolf nature and having some comfort when the boy told her she didn't have to be afraid anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uath View Post
    I think everyone would always be happier with an ideal ending but I'm not sure it is always what we need.
    I can certainly agree with that.

Also, I tend to agree with what was said regarding Yuki. I think of the two she wound up the more well adjusted. Having her little crush accept her true nature likely goes a long way towards that
    And definitely agree here as well. That moment of showing it to someone and having it not be a disaster was pretty touching (even if her face looked pretty silly).

Blog Entries

I saw it, it was pretty good and I was surprised at the ending. Makes me rather glad that I don't have the problem of stuff appearing on me whenever I get emotional (I just have mental shifts but no physical, thankfully). Makes me kinda sad also for the mother but life can be cruel sometimes.

I can't say much more about it lest I ruined the film but it's definitely something one should watch.

Blog Entries

Oh Lord.

A local Therian friend told me to watch this.....

Wow!

I wasn't expecting to feel what I felt.

But when I saw the father shift to Anthro for the first time...I felt it to my soul.

If that was real...well...most here agree.

If I could shift like those kids, between human, anthro and full wolf and STILL have humanity, the ability to speak, and be a full wolf. Jeez YES!

But that movie also was VERY saddening. I won't ruin it for those that haven't seen it yet. But I was like REALLY!?

Most see for ANY Therian, not just Wolf Therians.

Default Wolf Children (2012)

EDIT: What's the point in posting when it has to be buried on page 8 where no one's going to see it anyway.
    Last edited by micheal65536; October 10th, 2017 at 05:04 PM.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Merged your thread michael65536, with the older, already existing thread on this anime.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, The 10th Kingdom
    Seawolf = wolf/werewolf & mermaid

Umm, this thread is kinda old and doesn't feature a good introduction/overview for readers who see it in the forum and land on the first page (actually confusing because the first page refers to subtitles when there is now an English version available).
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    Umm, this thread is kinda old and doesn't feature a good introduction/overview for readers who see it in the forum and land on the first page (actually confusing because the first page refers to subtitles when there is now an English version available).
    The threads are still about the anime 'Wolf Children'. I merged them to alleviate duplicative threads which helps keep the forums more organized. Also, we don't have a rule about old and seemingly 'dead' threads. Since you posted a good description of it, that should suffice for people just finding it now.

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    EDIT: What's the point in posting when it has to be buried on page 8 where no one's going to see it anyway.
    When you post a new reply, that puts the thread at the top of the subforum so people see it's active again. Plus, anyone who's already replied to this will get a notification that more has been added. Trust me, people will see this if you post here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    When you post a new reply, that puts the thread at the top of the subforum so people see it's active again. Plus, anyone who's already replied to this will get a notification that more has been added. Trust me, people will see this if you post here.
    It's also on the activity stream under "What's New?" which is how I found it.

On the subject of the film, I saw it a while back and greatly enjoyed it. Saw gifs of it on someone's blog, which got my interest. After looking into it further and finding out it was from the same director of Summer Wars, I had to check it out. Glad I did! Beautiful artwork, likable, fleshed-out characters, a good story... I would recommend this film even to people who aren't really into anime or wolves. I would doubly recommend it to any therian, wolf or otherwise, as I found some of the struggles of one particular character relatable in this regard.