Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you currently reading?

Blog Entries

Currently working on A Dance with Dragons, the fifth book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (upon which the show Game of Thrones is based). Very pithy books.

Also working on Last Chance to See, a great book by Douglas Adams, best known for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. It's a nonfiction book that has to do with his adventures seeking out endangered species with biologists. I already love Douglas Adams, so I don't know how this book escaped me for so long...

Next on my list is to take another stab at The Lord of the Rings, because I've only read the first book before.

Thanks to have changed the position from Fun & Games to Werelist Media Center, was going to ask you to move it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    Currently working on A Dance with Dragons, the fifth book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (upon which the show Game of Thrones is based). Very pithy books.

Also working on Last Chance to See, a great book by Douglas Adams, best known for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. It's a nonfiction book that has to do with his adventures seeking out endangered species with biologists. I already love Douglas Adams, so I don't know how this book escaped me for so long...

Next on my list is to take another stab at The Lord of the Rings, because I've only read the first book before.
    Ah, Douglas Adams, a great writer, I know his famous book, but I even have a book that is based on a Doctor Who script of his called Shada.

And I am without something to read.
    One is alone, two is a friendship, three is a companionship, but four... is a pack.

Blog Entries

Currently (slowly) reading Cunning Folk and Familiar Spirits: Shamanistic Visionary Traditions in Early Modern British Witchcraft and Magic by Emma Wilby. Its a historical and academic book, but rather interesting.

Just started also reading Animals In Translation: Using The Mysteries of Autism To Decode Animal Behavior by Temple Grandin. Kota and Pantairin have been wanting to read this book since we got and were now getting to reading it.

- Yamir

Skn Game by Jim Butcher. It's the latest Dresden Files book. XD

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 36 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Starship troopers.
    I'll bleed out all these tears and take this pain
    Maybe the path is fighting in vain
    And I can't carry on, I just can't be the one, again...

Cannery Row by John Steinbeck. Great book, except it's kinda annoying because so far there's this serious lack of female characters.

Ah, yes, great literature - it's all about the guys.

I'm rereading The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien for the third time. It's my favorite book! ^^
    ~The Daughter of the Wolf

Princeps' Fury by Jim Butcher

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 36 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

bone crossed by patricia briggs (rereading series)

Heart and Blood: Living With Deer in America by Richard Nelson.