Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinmunity has (Re) launched!

@ Bartholomew - I think Lupus was referring to Shiro and not you.

@ Lupus - To help avoid confusion, when you are talking to a certain member you can use the following format so people will know who you are talking to:

"@ -insert username here-" - "you're reply to the user"
    Last edited by Somnia; June 29th, 2015 at 11:10 AM.

Oops... Barth, I was referring to Shiro the other day.
    It's like strange, he told us not to return here, then shows up the other day to give us some information about Kinmunity.
    I think that was confusing.
    I'm sorry, Barth, I should have implemented a name there. I hope all is well now.

No harm, no foul. Pleased to meet you, actually.

Barth

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    I will be keeping wulfhowl.com registered. There is an individual who has the domain on back order and has stated that the intends to redirect it to a shock site.
    To be very clear on this subject, this kind of act is irresponsible community vandalism. Werelist has a very short list of things that you could possibly do outside of this site that would carry over to a ban here. This would be one of them.

Any individual who engages in this kind of behavior is not welcome here as they are a detriment to the community as a whole. It does not matter what your personal disagreement is with a site or an individual; resorting to cyber vandalism is criminally irresponsible, as is maliciously redirecting users who may be minors to a shock site.

If assistance is needed in responsibly redirecting the domains to any actual therian community resource - it really doesn't matter which one - just ask and we'll do what we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    https://www.kinmunity.com

Kinmunity is an online community and resource website for otherkin, therianthropes, vampires, and other individuals whom have non-human identities. It replaces the now-defunct Wulf Howl. The site is primarily centered around its library and forums, but also contains unique features such as; KinSpots (a map of nearby otherkin), live chat and user-to-user instant messaging and member-run blogs. Like its predecessor, it is known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere and wealth of features. The site is frequently updated by its administrators in response to user feedback and is considered an online home to many. The site is powered by Xenforo, with customized plugins and features developed by myself.

Kinmunity was founded to be a friendly and welcoming online community resource for otherkin, therianthropes, and vampires. The site aims to help guide those who have newly awakened, as well as provide a friendly and relaxed atmosphere for otherkin in general. While being extremely tolerant of individuals who are new to the concept of otherkin and therianthropy, Kinmunity requires that its members possess a sound and logical sense of their identity.

While I would love to join your community, I'm afraid that I have reservations. A therian forum asking for a real name as it appears on a birth certificate or government ID is something that I am not comfortable with. Is this because I'm using a VPN?

I've submitted an application anyhow, with "I am not comfortable with this" as my real name, and my FurAffinity Profile instead of a telephone number.
    Last edited by Areio; November 24th, 2016 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Wording

@areio This blog post on Kinmunity's Tumblr will answer your question about using a VPN. https://kinmunity.tumblr.com/post/14...access-blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Daughter View Post
    @areio This blog post on Kinmunity's Tumblr will answer your question about using a VPN. https://kinmunity.tumblr.com/post/14...access-blocked
    Aha! Thank you. :-)

Not sure if this will help for anything other than memories, but Website Waback has several Archived Copies of HowlNet website:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130719...owlnet.org:80/

https://web.archive.org/web/*/howlnet.org

(It Certainly has enough Data to Reconstruct the Look and Feel of the Website, unfortiantly the IRC chat client does not load)

Blog Entries

I've been doing alot of research on AHWW archives on Google Groups. I read about a cool group that isn't around anymore called Lycanthrope.Org. Seems it was an early ISP with IRC access, and it was around before Werelist, and other similar sites in the 90s.

By the research I was able to uncover, it looks like it was a very accepting place. I wish more places like that existed now days.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030118...php3?955670945

-Azi
    Last edited by AziMWolf; May 22nd, 2017 at 12:01 PM.

Poking this thread as I've been having trouble accessing Kinmunity for a few days now. I can't seem to find any updates on places like the Facebook group or Twitter, so has the site gone dark for good now?

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch