Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum on spirituality

Default Forum on spirituality

Hello to all. I am considering the idea of a spiritual/occult/paranormal forum, as experienced by therians.
    This a forum to talk about Spirituality, Magick, Shamanism, Wicca, Paganism, Christian(And other forms of) Mysticism, Philosophy, Ethics, Spirits, Ghosties, Ghoulies and Things that go Bump in the Night, to mention just a few of the possible subjects. The forum would focus on the therian experience, but would be open to mythologicals, otherkin and even mainstreamers. I am asking for several things with this post.

I. Expressions of interest.
    II. Suggestions of all sorts.
    III. Possible moderators(janitors, bottlewashers, hall monitors, etc.) A forum of this sort needs to be fairly closely watched, lest the flame wars burn it into so much ash.
    IV. Other resources, everything from formats to art to links.

If you are interested, feel free to post here, or pm me at will.

Barth

Blog Entries

I am very interested in this. This sounds extremely good and I would very much like to join a forum like this.

I'm Wiccan and would love a place where I could discuss both therianthropy and magick with others who have similar interests. I'm also quite interested in spiritual matters, ghosts and the occult.

I say go for it. This forum sounds like it will be a wonderful place.

I'm interested too. If it ends up being made I'll definitely check it out!

Perhaps divination could be a section too? It might not be something most will connect to their therianthropy, but the same probably goes for other topucs you mentioned too, so...
    Last edited by Cantagir; March 8th, 2015 at 10:38 AM.

I myself am a diviner, generally with Tarot. So I can safely say a section on that subject is a go. Probably a carefully moderated section on sexuality and gender issues as well
    The biggest issue will be moderators. A site like this does tend to be a troll magnet. Not to mention the person who has found "The One True Way" and wants to share it, perhaps forcefully, with us all.

Barth

Great idea. Does anyone have specific suggestions or resources, such as the ability to offer their time to serve this community as a moderator, or willingness to volunteer server space, coding ability, etc?

I'm kind if tempted to volunteer as mod actually... I just never performed any moderation duties, and I'm not sure if a compketely inexperienced person is what you want for something like this.

Blog Entries

I'm interested in this forum too. I'm a occult student (self student) and my interest now is on chaos magick, so it will be good to have a section of it.

A mod for a forum like this needs some knowledge of the subject, an open minded approach to people's issues, a certain lack of tolerance for bullys, and above all, common sense. As to experience, I might suggest pming Savage. He may well have an FAQ for moderators stashed away somewheres. Also feel free to pm or email me.

Barth

Chaos magick is...interesting, DarkFox. A strong case can be made that all magick is chaotic in nature. I am primarily a ritual magician and divinner, myself, but I'm sure we will fit in sections on varied magical theories and traditions.

Barth

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
    A mod for a forum like this needs some knowledge of the subject, an open minded approach to people's issues, a certain lack of tolerance for bullys, and above all, common sense. As to experience, I might suggest pming Savage. He may well have an FAQ for moderators stashed away somewheres. Also feel free to pm or email me.

Barth
    Nope! While I don't mind if you borrow anything you find in the Werelist rules and guides, and I support this project and want to see it succeed, I must decline any personal involvement. I want it to grow and develop separately from Werelist and any influence that I might have personally. That's the point of encouraging diversity in the therian community.

Let me see if I can throw up a few more public open-source type resources on this subject for people to take or leave as they choose.
    Last edited by Savage; March 9th, 2015 at 04:10 PM.