Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK/BBC Show ; Wolfblood

Blog Entries

Default UK/BBC Show ; Wolfblood

I searched this show here. Didn't find a thread.

This has to be the BEST "werewolf", no wolf based show on TV.

It's produced by the BBC in the UK for their channel CBBC.
    It's a 30 minute show about a (in season 1) who is a "werewolf".
    It is a "kids show". But It focus' on the wolf pack.

It's on Netflix too.

These people called "Wolfbloods" can shift to full wolf either at will or forced during full moon.

Unlike werewolf movies, they are "not monsters". Infact its focused so much on what real wolves do it's shocking. I am hooked on it.

If you've seen it comment, if you haven't check it out.

I watched wolfblood. Its one of the best werewolf shows next to Wolf's rain. Its about adult and teenage werewolves living in England. I will put up the link for it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/wolfblood The main webpage for the wolfblood show is no longer up. So Wikipedia is the only link that still has the information about the show.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; June 2nd, 2015 at 09:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    I watched wolfblood. Its one of the best werewolf shows next to Wolf's rain. Its about adult and teenage werewolves living in England. I will put up the link for it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/wolfblood The main webpage for the wolfblood show is no longer up. So Wikipedia is the only link that still has the information about the show.
    That is odd since the show has been renewed for a 4th season. I also like Wolf's Rain. I'm just now getting into that on Hulu. But another thread.

The whole wolf pack mentally really got me. This was all pre-awakening too. So now I am expecting something even more intense.

Blog Entries

We've watched all the episodes which are up on Netflix. We actually rather liked it. The special effects are pretty nice for what they can budget, and such. We do have some minor gripes about the series in certain plot elements or details (them going for an "alpha" structure for the wild wolfbloods rather than more how how real wild wolf packs it appears), but they're not so breaking that they ruin the enjoyment of the series for us.

- Cavern-Risen
    Last edited by House of Chimeras; June 3rd, 2015 at 06:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Hehehe, it was kind of disappointing that they didn't use real wolves but understandable. It was pretty good, I am hoping for more seasons but I am glad to see it has taken off across the pond. I just started it myself, I am on episode 6 so yeah, for some odd reason, I think of this like the whole Wolf Children anime (I still hope that they make a series out of that movie) in which they can also change into wolves at will. Not to mention the whole inheritance thing and the wolf blood is nice.

So yeah, we'll see how this pans out!

On the topic of the anime "Wolf's Rain", we have a thread for that here.

I have not seen "Wolfblood" but if the show is portraying the misinformed "alpha-leader" status thing, I may not have much interest in it. As a wolf therian, it's incredibly tiring/frustrating considering it's outdated information about wolf pack behavior.
    Last edited by Somnia; June 13th, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

I watched the series on Netflix, and it was okay, but I thought that the werewolves reverting to 'doggy' behavior while in human form was distracting, and quite frankly childish.
    ТОВАРИЩ КОЙОТ!!!

Blog Entries

I saw a few episodes of it, but the little kiddy kind of feeling was a bit too much for me. I liked that they didn't make the werewolves hyper-aggressive militaristic psychopaths, though. I don't remember there being a strong emphasis on the alpha-beta-omega outdated model, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came up somewhere in episodes later than what I'd watched. Like Somnia, that frustrates me immensely as well, and it's a large reason of why I don't really watch any modern werewolf shows, because they can't seem to let go of the concept.
    Though I've seen it in some documentaries as well, which is possibly even more frustrating, because it's being presented as true facts about nature, but that's off-topic.
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis

I marathoned the first season of it over the summer and enjoyed it. It was really cheesy and felt like a guilty pleasure while I watched it, but I felt I could relate to the characters so well from a therian perspective that I was really hooked. The big issue the main character deals with the first season, whether to tell her friends or not, with her argument being that they can't really be her friends without knowing all of her and all that, really resonated with me. I've struggled with those exact thoughts related to therianthropy and my friends.

I'll probably get around to continuing the series at some point, though it's not high on my list.

You can still catch Wolfblood episode on youtube. I think all the shows are on there. To bad there isn't an American Wolfblood show. I would really like to see what that would be like.