Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 4th!

Default Therian Daily Thought - The 4th!

Welcome to the shiny new Therian Daily Thoughts thread! Enjoy!

Blog Entries

First post!
    Um...
    animals.
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Somnia
    @ Dark Fox - That's actually a topic I've seen in the therian community from the beginning (the 1990s). There were actually people who claimed your theriotype wasn't a true theriotype unless it's an animal that lived natively in the current place you live, or country of birth, etc. Some people have very odd beliefs when it comes to therianthropy.
    Very odd, indeed. I really can't see the thoughts behind such beliefs. Both a spiritual and a mental origin couldn't be able to restrict the theriotype in such a way (although the concept of imprinting on behaviour of / identifying as an observed animal might play a part in the formation of an animal identity).
    There are no coyotes here in Germany and I've looked into various kinds of canids, but coyote behaviour resembles mine the best, so I stick with that.
    Last edited by Wilhelm; August 16th, 2015 at 12:09 PM.
    'Whoever strives with all his might, that man we can redeem.' (Goethe)

Blog Entries

Daily thought:

Today is the first day that I woke up at six in the morning to do yoga. My mind has never been so clear. I am now curious as to what it would feel like to perform the downward facing dog while feeling phantom limbs. I guess only time will tell.
    The world will only change when fear is overcome

Blog Entries

While I don't think there is any other fitting explanation for me and this bonobo thing, I still get moments where I wonder if I'm actually just bullshitting myself. I know it's healthy to question and stuff but it doesn't make it pleasant. My mind's like "omg you idiot when did this become a thing???"
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Charliepaw View Post
    Daily thought:

Today is the first day that I woke up at six in the morning to do yoga. My mind has never been so clear. I am now curious as to what it would feel like to perform the downward facing dog while feeling phantom limbs. I guess only time will tell.
    For me, no, downward facing dog is just uncomfortable/verging on painful. I feel my phantom tail more when I do cat and arch my back.

Therian Thought: scuba diving with a phantom mermaid tail is great, until I wondered what would happen if I was suddenly in trouble while feeling the fins. Would I have been able to snap myself out of it? Or would I have had to struggle while experiencing the phantom sensations?

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, The 10th Kingdom
    Seawolf = wolf/werewolf & mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Lopori View Post
    While I don't think there is any other fitting explanation for me and this bonobo thing, I still get moments where I wonder if I'm actually just bullshitting myself. I know it's healthy to question and stuff but it doesn't make it pleasant. My mind's like "omg you idiot when did this become a thing???"
    Yeah, I feel you. My whole "what if I'm secretly a fraud" angst routine is on about a 2-month schedule. It's terrible, but I do think it's a good idea to check in with myself periodically.

Wait a second...Why am I wearing clothes. I'm a wolf. Wolves don't wear clothes. Why do I need to wash all of this laundry? If I'm nude more often will dirty clothes accumulate less quickly? But I still need to work during the week. And I have a roommate. I guess I should wash these clothes so I can wear them.

I haven't doubted that I'm wolf in a long time, but I guess that part of me has been more quiet than I realized. But I think I'm experiencing a resurgence, which is causing me to question the human habits that are so ingrained that I hadn't stopped to think about them, like wearing clothes for example. Or eating off of plates with forks.

Blog Entries

After what I've been through, there's very little room to doubt that something is odd about me. And after a decade of searching, the only people I've found who share similar experiences and can help me deal with them are people who call themselves therians.

It's hard to argue with that. I think it's safe to say I'm definitely a therian.

But what does that mean, exactly? That's where my periodic bouts of doubt come from. Therianthropy is a bizarre thing with no consensus on why and how it happens. I know it's not entirely a mass delusion; there's something real to it, but what that something is is anyone's guess.

In my case it was helpful to think of my experiences as merely symptoms I want to study dispassionately and compare to experiences of other people. The label 'therian' itself isn't really important to me, I just see it as a neat way to summarize certain experiences. My life wouldn't change the slightest if I stopped using it.

I personally focus on the question how to use the understanding about it I gain in my normal day to day life. It probably helps that I'm not really spiritual, although I have a great interest in these topics.
    'Whoever strives with all his might, that man we can redeem.' (Goethe)