Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Quote Originally Posted by lupusfur View Post
    How come you don't want a mate unless they're a therian, if you don't mind me asking?
    No, I don't mind. I want only a therian mate because I really don't think a human would understand someone who sometimes howls or growls. Who sometimes wants to do something wolfish and not to look at that person like I'm nuts. I mean if I meet someone who is not a therian and wants to go out with me, Do you really think that, That person will have truly understand me. No. Even if I tell that person what therianthropy is. There not really going to get it and I am sure that, That relationship that I would be in would be a short one. Seeing how that person would most likely brake up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    No, I don't mind. I want only a therian mate because I really don't think a human would understand someone who sometimes howls or growls. Who sometimes wants to do something wolfish and not to look at that person like I'm nuts. I mean if I meet someone who is not a therian and wants to go out with me, Do you really think that, That person will have truly understand me. No. Even if I tell that person what therianthropy is. There not really going to get it and I am sure that, That relationship that I would be in would be a short one. Seeing how that person would most likely brake up with me.
    I see your point. I think there'd likely be some non-therians who would be accepting of it, but they are most likely few and far between.
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by lupusfur View Post
    I see your point. I think there'd likely be some non-therians who would be accepting of it, but they are most likely few and far between.
    Thank you. I mean, Go out on the street and ask anyone of they know what Therianthropy is and everyone will say no. Now tell someone about therianthropy and therians and shifts and ask them what they think of it and they will most likely say New-age emo people who think there furries without the fursuits. But yeah, I guess some people would be accepting of it. Seeing how some of our members have mates who are not therians and understand that there boyfriend or girlfriend are therians and have accepted that part of who they are.

Thank you. I mean, Go out on the street and ask anyone of they know what Therianthropy is and everyone will say no. Now tell someone about therianthropy and therians and shifts and ask them what they think of it and they will most likely say New-age emo people who think there furries without the fursuits. But yeah, I guess some people would be accepting of it. Seeing how some of our members have mates who are not therians and understand that there boyfriend or girlfriend are therians and have accepted that part of who they are.
    To be fair, even those who already know what therianthropy is will likely see it as a bunch of edgy teenagers going through a phase, and socially-challenged freaks, largely because of YouTube and similar sites being the main source of information (often through 'cringe compilations', etc.). It's understandable, seem as though many therian YouTubers would fit this stereotype, although it's still short-sighted and unfair. Save for Therian Nation, I wish there were more solid, rational therian YouTubers.

Anyway, from your activity on Werelist, you are clearly a kind-hearted, thoughtful, and open-minded individual, so I'm sure you'll come across someone at some point; it's better to wait for someone deserving than to go for anyone.
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

When you rub your skin on your shoulder because it itches, and a whole bunch of sweat and dirt goo comes off with it. Black sludge...
    I need to take a shower, been hauling boxes and it's stupid hot outside
    the birds are back in town
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

Blog Entries

Our new dog has a serious barking problem...and you would think that would set me off into a shift (having two [tiny] family dogs), but surprisingly not. I'm actually slightly disappointed. I haven't had any 'real' shift in a month or so now. I kind of forgot how to trigger my shifts. -shrugs-

More daily groan- summer heat, jobless, waiting for classes to start back up only a month into summer. This has become a waiting game.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

I agree Hige. I need someone who is accepting of everything I have to tell them about me being kin. Those people are very hard to find. I only once had a friend who understood the basic concept of being kin and he was totally okay with my quirks and shifts.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Our new dog has a serious barking problem...and you would think that would set me off into a shift (having two [tiny] family dogs), but surprisingly not.
    Barking dogs doesn't really make me shifty either. I imagine for a dog therian it could send them into a barking spree of their own, but as a wolf therian I just find barking annoying (I think that's just my human side really). The only thing that sets me off is howling (even then, dogs howling doesn't always do it, because their howls sound a lot different to wolves).
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I agree Hige. I need someone who is accepting of everything I have to tell them about me being kin. Those people are very hard to find. I only once had a friend who understood the basic concept of being kin and he was totally okay with my quirks and shifts.
    That's why I would love to meet another therian in real life. Having a friend or a mate that is like you and that you don't have to hide you animal side from that person and is also accepting of it. No person I know would be like that.

Blog Entries

Then what would you do in case you met another therian in real life? Do you think you would be able to growl, howl and you know be yourself in this case?
    It's because I'm always surprised at how quiet I am around other therians, having met only three of them so far.
    But then again, I think so are they.
    It would be lovely though to have a serious friendship with a therian like myself, the kind where you meet up with one another somewhere.
    I fantasize often about meeting one of you, completely coincidentally and in this fantasy, we have a drink and talk about our experiences, stick together for life.
    Waking up from that daydream, I'm always a bit sad that this scenario isn't likely to happen.