Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Ferox View Post
    Then what would you do in case you met another therian in real life? Do you think you would be able to growl, howl and you know be yourself in this case?
    It's because I'm always surprised at how quiet I am around other therians, having met only three of them so far.
    But then again, I think so are they.
    I don't know about other therians but personally I find shifting very personal and it's not something that I would openly share with someone else unless I knew them well, even if they were a therian. It just seems... awkward.

The real advantage with being with other therians is that accidental or subtle animal behaviour is understood. So accidentally growling, howling, barking, or whatever. Also animal gestures and actions. These things don't need to be hidden around other therians, even if we don't openly shift around them, which I imagine would make life a lot easier if one were to have another therian as a mate.
    Psychological therian.

"I'm only a therian according to my definition of therianthropy." - micheal65536

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    Barking dogs doesn't really make me shifty either. I imagine for a dog therian it could send them into a barking spree of their own, but as a wolf therian I just find barking annoying (I think that's just my human side really). The only thing that sets me off is howling (even then, dogs howling doesn't always do it, because their howls sound a lot different to wolves).
    Howling also sets me off- usually wolf howls too. Barking I also find annoying, so I'm trying to break the habit that this puppy has early. Then again some dogs just bark to bark..it does get under the skin after a while. Though I do enjoy playing with them when they start doing a tug-o-war with a toy. The growling gets me into a vague m-shift. Though nothing serious.
    Last edited by Vintage; June 14th, 2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    The growling gets me into a vague m-shift. Though nothing serious.
    Don't hold back, it's good to shift sometimes. ;-)
    Psychological therian.

"I'm only a therian according to my definition of therianthropy." - micheal65536

Then what would you do in case you met another therian in real life? Do you think you would be able to growl, howl and you know be yourself in this case?
    It's because I'm always surprised at how quiet I am around other therians, having met only three of them so far.
    But then again, I think so are they.
    It would be lovely though to have a serious friendship with a therian like myself, the kind where you meet up with one another somewhere.
    I fantasize often about meeting one of you, completely coincidentally and in this fantasy, we have a drink and talk about our experiences, stick together for life.
    Waking up from that daydream, I'm always a bit sad that this scenario isn't likely to happen.
    Well I think if I meet another therian that I would shake there paw or give them a hug when I meet a therian. I don't think I would growl or howl, Especially if we are meeting in a public place. Then I would act as normally as possible like having a drink and talking about therianthropy. But I think in private that I would let the wolf out just a little but I wouldn't go all out in shifting seeing how I just meet that therian. I think that I would just have a normal conversation with a fellow therian that's all. If I meet another therian I would be happy because I get to spend sometime with someone like myself. I also daydream about being with you guys. Like we go to the mall or to the park.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; June 14th, 2017 at 09:33 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what I'd do if I met another therian. I feel so humanized sometimes that getting into even the smallest shifts might be difficult. But in case it does happen-which it usually does- being in the comfort of someone who understands is invaluable.
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

Hey wow... thank you for all the neat replies!
    As for me, I'm quite timid in case you would ever see me face to face. Shifting is indeed a very private matter, and getting into one might be tricky at the moment you meet up with another of our kin. So I probably wouldn't try or do that either. However, I would have issues talking and finding the right words to address you. Eyecontact is also tricky, but manageable these days.
    I've had a lot of practice in these areas such as seeking eyecontact and finding something useful to say, but none of that will ever come natural to me.
    These are things I have learnt to do whereas others needn't to. All in all, I'm more talkative online than off.

However, I would have issues talking and finding the right words to address you.
    Again I don't know about other therians and it's probably best to ask someone, but I'm OK with being referred to:
    • By name (provided that I've given you my name, not if you found it out some other way like so many people do to me)
    • As a wolf
    • As a werewolf
    • As "wolfie"/"wolfy"
    • Without any particular name or description other than a gesture to indicate that I am being addressed or referred to

Do not refer to me as "human" or as a "person".

However some therians may be offended by being referred to as their species, or if you make a point of avoiding the term "person". As I say, it's probably best to ask when you meet them. Just say "how would you prefer to be addressed?". A lot of people have preferences anyway, some prefer a first name, others prefer a surname or middle name.
    Eyecontact is also tricky, but manageable these days.
    I don't bother with it. It's waste of time and actually I don't like it because it reveals too much about myself/my thoughts/feelings. The only time that I make direct eye contact is when I'm staring at someone authoritatively (sometimes accompanied by a brief showing of teeth or soft growl) - I think this is a wolf thing.
    All in all, I'm more talkative online than off.
    Me too. Sometimes I don't see the point in meeting up with someone when one can communicate online. Although what I've realised is that, at least for me, the real value in meeting up isn't necessarily to talk/communicate but to engage in other activities together (e.g. going for a walk, playing games, showing each other physical things, etc.) with someone that you know or get on with.
    Last edited by micheal65536; June 15th, 2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Psychological therian.

Blog Entries

I can't read what you feel, micheal, in your first comment more specifically. Did I say something to upset you? I don't think I have ever referred to you as a person and don't know your name either.
    Perhaps I'm reading it the wrong way. Please elaborate okay? I just gave an example of what I would do in case of meeting up with someone, that person not necessarily being a therian.

I can't read what you feel, micheal, in your first comment more specifically. Did I say something to upset you? I don't think I have ever referred to you as a person and don't know your name either.
    No, not at all. :-)
    Please elaborate okay? I just gave an example of what I would do in case of meeting up with someone, that person not necessarily being a therian.
    You described how you would have issues finding the right way to address another therian if you met one. So I was doing a mixture of giving advice about asking them how they want to be addressed and giving an example of how I personally would want to be addressed if I was met by another therian.

Don't worry, you didn't upset me. :-)
    Psychological therian.

Blog Entries

So far this summer is turning out to be not only uneventful, but quite lonesome too. One of my close friends has a sprained ankle, and we can't go anywhere together. Hopefully soon everything will be alright. I'm pretty much home 24/7- almost- and I can't drive, there's not much to do around here, and this is just slow suffering. Oddly enough, even in this suffering the days are going by. Summer in general for me means productivity pretty much goes down. Work? Got fired. Friends? Busy or injured. Hobbies? Trying to combat art block currently. It's just one thing after another, and I'm trying to make the most of what I can, but often times it falls short..
    At least the forums help somewhat to ease the sense of boredom.