Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Default The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

Okay folks, here is the new Daily Groan thread.

Need a place to talk about your problems? Post what's bothering you in this thread!

As a disclaimer, if you or someone you know needs professional help please contact the appropriate professionals or authority in your area. No one on Werelist is qualified to diagnose or treat any conditions you or someone else may have. We can offer general support, comfort, and advice, but please seek help from qualified professionals in your area for serious conditions or situations.

A small one to start off:
    Skype started crashing on my computer today and I can no longer get it to open at all. Normally I wouldn't care, but in the past few weeks I've actually started using it to talk to people again, so not being able to access it feels pretty isolating. I spend a lot of my workday by myself, and chatting with folks on Skype has made that less lonely... didn't realize how much I'd come to enjoy it in such a short time until I couldn't get on this morning!

Blog Entries

Thank you to R Swan and Lopori for the kind thoughts.

I'm staying at my current place for a week. Not sure where I'll be after that. A potential new landlord, Asswipe Landlord who stood me up three times, promised to send me an application form by email. He hasn't, and I doubt that he will. I've spent the last three Christmases in the same homeless shelter. They won't let me back in because I won't consent to a search of my belongings.

Stressful.

I'd feel better if I had a working laptop. How on earth can you kill the motherboard by spilling water on the keyboard? Lame.

This current landlord decided to let me stay for a week if I "get rid of" my cats. She can't legally make me do that. She also wants to raise the rent from $550 a month to $800. Also illegal. I could also have her charged for her threats to lock me out. It feels good to be an assertive animal. ;-)
    Last edited by Coyote Jones; December 2nd, 2015 at 06:19 PM.

Blog Entries

More emotional abuse from my mom today. I have 2 days off and I'm glad cuz for one thing I don't gotta deal with a manager who hates me. Work called me asking i could help. They were short staffed, I assume from call outs but maybe from lack of scheduled people too. I said outright I could not, which in my mind was cuz I didn't want to. But also I need the mental health break too. Mom was listening the whole time. She gives .e shit for it. Says I'll be fired for being unreliable it I keep turning them down. I panic. Later she comes back for more. I ask my moirail who works at another Walmart and has for 3 years. He says that's not how it works. She totally disregards this, saying in her day she's used to people being fired for this. Like it's on my ass to lick up slscj for fall outs or lack of scheduled staff. I never fucking call out. I'm reliable on that front. She starts going off about how she's stressed out and my issues don't matter, raising her voice and blaming it all on me. Says I won't let her finish her sentence but like I don't want to be screamed at and accused of so much shit. Leave me be, you're actually giving me an anxiety attack here. But no. She yells and says essentially that my issues don't matter to her. So I'm fucked up all day as a result.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Jones View Post
    Thank you to R Swan and Lopori for the kind thoughts.

I'm staying at my current place for a week. Not sure where I'll be after that. A potential new landlord, Asswipe Landlord who stood me up three times, promised to send me an application form by email. He hasn't, and I doubt that he will. I've spent the last three Christmases in the same homeless shelter. They won't let me back in because I won't consent to a search of my belongings.
    Agh, just wondered what this was about and saw your other post. Damn. That's definitely illegal. What does one extra week with your cats do to her, exactly? Did she only just find out about them or something? How arbitrary and petty.

Also, I'm angry at Lord Asswipe and I don't even know him. There aren't enough good landlords out there. I've had my fair share of terrible ones too.

I know essentially nothing about options in your current situation and can't really offer advice or anything, but let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
    "As we reach for the stars we neglect the flowers at our feet. For epochs to come the peaks will still pierce the lonely vistas, but when the last snow leopard has stalked among the crags and the last markhor has stood on a promontory, his ruff waving in the breeze, a spark of life will have gone, turning the mountains into stones of silence." - George B. Schaller

Blog Entries

I wish I had more energy to visit more and contribute to more threads than the daily ones but often I'm just so drained mentally that I can barely even contribute to those.

Blog Entries

I feel you. I've been very bad lately about contributing anything meaningful. It's hard. I just feel unmotivated.

So, my mom went through my room, again. At 20 yrs old, you'd think i'd be allowed some privacy. She happen to find some things she didn't like, and took the fact that i had them as a personal insult. Well, shouldn't i be insulted that she essentially said 'fuck you' to my privacy as an adult?
    I Scream when I wish to Howl. I Sob when I wish to Whine.
    I run with Two instead of Four. I wear a Jacket, instead of My Coat.
    I must speak with Words instead of Feelings; stumbling through Your language, while you don't you understand Mine.
    While you can play in Your world, I can never play in Mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Burd View Post
    I ask my moirail who works at another Walmart and has for 3 years.
    Um, not sure what you mean when you say your "moirail"?

Quote Originally Posted by Burd View Post
    Like it's on my ass to lick up slscj for fall outs or lack of scheduled staff.
    I'm also not sure what "slscj" is supposed mean. If it's in placement of a swear word it's fine to use swear words as long as it's not obsessive and it's not directed at another Werelist user.
    Last edited by Somnia; December 4th, 2015 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnia View Post
    Um, not sure what you mean when you say your "moirail"?
    I believe this is a Homestuck reference (I've got a friend who's really into it), but as I've never read it myself I can't speak to the finer details of it.

Anyway, my rant:
    Graduating from college has dropped my tolerance for any kind of stress to zero. I used to be able to get by on fairly little sleep, but a few days ago I got 6 hours of sleep and spent the rest of the next day wishing for a swift death before giving up and passing out at 8 pm and then sleeping for 14 hours. In the absence of deadlines, I just don't do anything. I'm making nothing of my life because school was just so stressful that I feel like I need to avoid picking that kind of workload back up at all costs. Instead of becoming a productive member of society after graduating I've become a barnacle. I'm trying to shake myself out of the rut, but I know that I'm not doing enough. At the rate I'm going I won't have a job or an apartment of my own or anything for years.