Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Groan (A thread to ease your pain) - The 3rd!

When someone gives me "advice" that is really just condescending and meant to silence me, I've got some "advice" in return.
    the birds are back in town
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

Either I'm really bitchy or no one else posts, lol

I'd love to have someone I can be comfortable with. I see people taking pictures together and hugging and always sticking together, I wish I could have that. I just can't bring myself to. I don't know what's wrong with me, why I have to be this way. Everyone seems so far away.
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

I don't want to be seen as mimicking my friends, so I keep quiet about how I'm a therian and that I may have bpd. I don't tell my parents because I don't think that they'd understand.

I dunno- it's not like I'm a very private person. I communicate almost everything to my parents because I trust them a lot, but this is something with so much stigma
    I don't know if I could tell them.

Pertinent info:
    1) I'm a furry 2) I have a fursona 3) That fursona is intersex

Okay so yesterday I got yelled at on Facebook over a comment I made in a Furry group. Someone asked for people to post their non-binary fursonas/characters, so I posted a description and picture of my fursona Sylva, who is intersex (he has a male body shape and secondary sex characteristics but he has female genitalia).

And I was promptly yelled at for about 2 hours by some lady because apparently my fursona is just a "fetish character", a "cuntboy", and I "trivialize what transgender people go through by having an intersex character".

PSA:
    If you judge a person (even a fictional person) by what's between their legs, and that alone, you're a sexist.

In any case it really pissed me off. That a character I've invested a lot of time and money into, and that I identify so strongly with, that I've put hundreds of hours into writing backstory for, could be brushed aside and invalidated because "its a fetish". Fuck you.
    "Of course it's in your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

Quote Originally Posted by Natsilani View Post
    In any case it really pissed me off. That a character I've invested a lot of time and money into, and that I identify so strongly with, that I've put hundreds of hours into writing backstory for, could be brushed aside and invalidated because "its a fetish". Fuck you.
    That's their problem, not yours. It's up to you what characters you want, and how much time and money you want to put into them. Other people are always calling furries fetishists, so it's no surprise that a transgender fursona faces that kind of bullying. But it's their problem that they can't be bothered to find out what furries are about, and realise that what other people want to spend their own lives doing has nothing to do with them, and that they have nothing better to do than to go around criticising everyone who's a bit different from most people.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

I've always been prone to symptoms similar to cabin fever, but lately they're becoming more intense. The issue is, some weeks I can be out and seeing friends every day, whereas other weeks all I do is work and stay inside (or so it feels). This week has been the latter, and it's driving me absolutely nuts.

I have good, close relationships with my friends (I generally have a couple of close friends, and few not so close), but I can still feel isolated because I don't get to see them reliably. I know that I'm lucky to have such relationships, but I can still get lonely if I don't see them for a while.

It's difficult to reliably see friends, and it's difficult to go out and do something fun on my own because all of the forest and open land around me is private. I could go for walks, which I sometimes do, but there's nowhere where I can go and know that I'll be alone to do what I want. I can't build a den, walk off trails and into deep woodland, or anything else; even in the outdoors, I feel like I'm restricted because other people are about.

I'm not sure how many other people get this feeling, but if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. I think I'm going insane.
    Last edited by Lupus Paws; May 17th, 2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Clarification
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Blog Entries

Ended up telling my old highschool friend and his mum about my mum's munchausens thing because they got to see the "new and improved" version of my sister for themselves. Friend's mum was a little taken a back and was still saying she likes her but she did also tell me I can come to her to vent at any time, it's a lot to take in I guess so I don't think she disbelieves me, I just don't think she's quite getting what I'm saying. She did notice how much my sister changed in the last few years though.
    She then told me that she feels like she raised her son wrong or worsened his issues because his autism didn't improve and he isn't independent yet and from what I know she's a good mum and I love her to bits so I was like NOOOOO. My friend has been the same person since we met, she's done nothing to him. She wants him to succeed, not have him held back for sympathy points like my mum does.
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^

I think I might know a narcissist. Not sure.
    Thing is, I'd like to do more research on this sort of thing, but a lot of it is prejudiced as fuck when it comes to any mental illness. Hard to find good sources that don't shit on some group of mental disorder-having people (narcissists or not). I don't want to read it. Not to mention that most of the material out there has little regard for the actual person in question, demonizes them, stuff like that. Not what I'm looking for. Just some plain information.
    Last edited by Kerguelen; May 18th, 2017 at 01:07 AM.
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

So mom finally caught onto me walking digitigrade after like 9 months. Now she's trying to get me to stop.

It's about the one thing I can change about myself to be more wolf-like/hybrid-like. It helps me feel more like a wolf and compliments my phantom tail and face in forming my anthro wolf body.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

I walk on my toes sometimes. And stand on one foot like a heron.
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't