Thread: Therianthropy Podcasts?

Default Therianthropy Podcasts?

I was just curious about why there are so few podcasts out there on the topic of Therianthropy.
    Granted, forums such as Werelist are helpful especially for those who have recently stumbled upon Therianthropy, however, wouldn’t it be cool if there were a Podcast for those who’d share their experiences, and have discussions. I mean, as much as I like to discuss on forums, I think that listening to a conversation is much more captivating and interesting.
    Also, if anyone’s interested in creating a Podcast in the future I’d like to know but unfortunately with the situation I’m in, I can’t really participate, but if I ever get the chance to do so in the future, I would start one.
    Now I bet there are Therian Podcasts or Radios out there that I haven’t come across yet, so if anyone knows anything, please tell me.
    Also, what is your opinion on Therian/Otherkin Vlogs/Blogs on Social media such as Instagram, Tumblr, Youtube etc.
    "See my shadow changing, Stretching up and over me,Soften this old armor, Hoping I can clear the way,By stepping through my shadow, Coming out the other side, Step into the shadow, Forty six and two are just ahead of me.”
    -46 & 2 by Tool

Blog Entries

I have been considering making one but I'd need some others willing to cohost, I have some people in mind but I haven't asked them yet. Someone on therianguide made a podcast on youtube called therianpod but they only uploaded 2 or 3 videos in the end, I was hoping more would come of that one.
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^

Blog Entries

There used to be quite a few YouTube channels run by werelist members a couple years ago, but I think most of them have become inactive. Several users also used to have links to podcast pages they ran in their signatures as well, but I think they've become inactive just like the YouTube channels. I'm not sure what all is around any more. I'd try googling "otherkin podcast" or "therian podcast" and see what comes up.

As far as otherkin/therian accounts on social media... It really depends more on the user than on the website, although, some websites have developed a flavor (for lack of a better word) of otherkin that I don't particularly care for.

I know there was a podcast going that was run by a few members a while ago... maybe 2012-ish? Haven't heard anything about it in ages though.

I think one of the difficulties of maintaining a therian-related podcast would be that a lot of the material that could be discussed would be old news to many therians - I could see an issue with running out of things to talk about after more than a few episodes.
    Professionalism in podcasts seems tricky, too. I think there's a fine line between listening to a podcast where it feels like you're in a room with some people having an interesting conversation with each other, and simply recording a conversation. Seems like it's quite a lot of work to keep fresh and interesting.

That being said, I don't mean to be a downer about this - if a therian podcast picked up again, I'd be thrilled to learn about it.

Blog Entries

Over the years there have been several podcasts. The Therianthropy Podcast around 2008-2009, Therians x Otherkin (on BlogTalk Radio) in 2010ish, the Zoo in 2010/2011ish, the Therian Talk Konnections (through Blog Talk Radio) in 2012 to 2013(?), the Otherkin Podcast (through Youtube), and others of which I forget the name of. (Heck, there was once even a WereRadio back in the mid-90s (which was effectively a podcast over news in the were community).)

However, none of these podcasts seem to last more than a year if that plus their listener basis is very limited and few people hear about them. Sometimes its because the hosts aren't knowledgeable enough about therianthropy, other times it because real life causes the podcast to come to an end, sometimes its because there is just no listener feedback or audience to warrant keeping it going, etc.

Earth Listener used to cohost a podcast back in 2010. Its not easy and it takes a sort of dedication. Plus, for better or worse, the therian community doesn't seem to take well to non-written material when it comes to therianthropy.

- Cavern-Risen (female, werewolf)

Blog Entries

Yeah, the fact that there's a bias towards written material makes podcasts kind of difficult. Might be useful to make some to integrate into outreach, but even then... I think audio material doesn't lend itself to careful thought and consideration as much as the written word. Audio, by its very nature, is fleeting, and doesn't lend itself to looking back analytically at the words someone says, or looking at their sources. That's one reason I hate it when people cite YouTube videos; it's nigh-impossible for me to consider them critically.

This might just be an issue I have, but it does often seem as if in "quick" media (television, radio, much of social media) people are less contemplative. And that's a significant weakness, if I'm right. Don't get me wrong, a good speech can still be rousing, and a good presentation can be effective at communicating ideas, but there's something about actual text that seems to lend itself to careful thought. I can open another tab and do some research, then look back at the full context of the piece of information I'm analyzing without having to search around. It's much easier to parse, too, and makes it easier to find exact words.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I know both Jack and Shit (great guys those two) about doing podcasts so clearly I am the definitive source on speaking out with what should be done in them.

Since there's an issue with running out of topics as well as VERY differing opinions when it comes to written works and theories; would the ideal way of going about it not be to have people argue for different sides with each topic? Instead of a bunch of people sitting there and nodding heads to everything it could be more interesting to take an approach more similar to debates where each person has to represent a viewpoint and bring that one forward. Not only could this help satisfy people's varying opinions but also maybe even add a bit of humor and flare to the conversations which are essential for keeping someone's interest imo. As for running out of topics I'm thinking it would be smarter to broaden then podcast beyond just strictly therian topics. Make it less therians talking about therians and more about therians talking about a lot of things in life with a slight therian perspective on it while other times (if possible) delving deeper into some therian topic should it be interesting. Could also be a cool idea to take in people that aren't therians into the podcast as guests and get their views on therian stuff (be they negative or positive). That could also potentially spark quite the discussion and lead to conversations beyond what we typically see here.

Anyhow, those were just some thoughts of mine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thrix View Post
    Could also be a cool idea to take in people that aren't therians into the podcast as guests and get their views on therian stuff (be they negative or positive).
    That sounds awesome actually.

I have yet to hear of a therian podcast myself but I am highly interested in the idea.
    The world will only change when fear is overcome

I'm planning on starting a therian internet radio station. If you've got any ideas or anything to contribute please let me know.

For more information see my thread about it: http://www.werelist.net/showthread.p...-radio-station

Default Better Late Than Never?

Hi! I have actually been chewing on the idea for a long time and I have finally started a podcast that will actually get into some of this!
    To be honest, the podcast does also get into some spiritual practices and paranormal experiences at first but the MEAT of my intended subject matter will absolutely be Therianthropy and "OtherKin"
    Those episodes are coming down the line very soon, so let me know what you think and if you have anything specifically you would like to see addressed please message me on any of the podcast pages!
    You can find the blog and podcast links below!
    Wordpress Blog
    iTunes
    Podomatic
    Facebook
    Twiiter

RSS feed for the podcast. Add it to your favorite pod player!
    http://thevikingshamanpod.podomatic.com/rss2.xml