Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 23rd!

Bluesloth - If we get into the habit of saying "you are what you feel", we get into dangerous waters where fee-fees trump observable evidence. For example - certain transgender folks who want to rewrite birth certificates and such to reflect identity rather than objective truth. We should always be trying to find the truth - not throwing truth out the window for personal narrative. You are Not what you feel - not necessarily; and that doesn't make those feelings less valid, either. They just have to be understood from the proper context.

Kerguelen - I get that, too. There's this school I used to go to, and a neighbourhood I used to live in when I was really young. Google-stalking the area was really strange and surreal.
    "Of course it's in your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

I finally got round to watching Never Cry Wolf, which is a bit of a must for any wolf-lover. It's taken me way too long, but I'm planning on getting the book by Farley Mowat next, as well as looking at more of his work. He's credited with my all-time favourite quote, which is my signature.

I actually enjoyed the film more than I'd expected I would, although it reignited my urge to just run off into the wilderness, which I seem to be getting often lately.
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Hey Iupusfur, I seen never cry wolf about a bunch of times and yes it is a very much a wolf lovers movie as well as a movie for any wolf therian to watch. I haven't seen it in a few years but what I remember of it was that it put wolves and the guy studying the wolves in a very positive light as to not to label wolves mindless killers and the guy who is studying tells and shows them to be a carrying loving family unit and just normal animals, But the movie also shows us that its the humans who really are the mindless killers of this world. I also love the soundtrack of the movie. The music was very moving and beautiful.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; May 16th, 2017 at 09:02 PM.

After like 10 years I finally got my long hair cut short. Had to for work.
    I hate society T^T
    "Of course it's in your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

Screwing around and I find the profile of some guy who I agree with on everything, who likes a lot of the same things I do, who is very attractive...and I have no way of contacting him! Oh, why must it always be this way....
    the birds are back in town
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

Blog Entries

It is snowing.

And somehow that is one of the LEAST insane, unbelievable, and sorta bad things happening right now.

This summer is going to be weird in so many ways.

Good news. Yesterday I joined an anime club at my local library. It was fun. We watched some anime show, Not sure what the name of it was because I had gotten there a few minutes late but it was nice. I plan on going back there again. The club is called Anime Plus and they talk about anime shows, Manga, and all things Japanese.

So many world maps like to put their labels and keys where they feel there is nothing of importance.
    Unfortunately, this is often over my favorite island.

I like Kisota's signature coyote. Wonder if I could get a cormorant like that.

Me: I'll get to bed before 7 AM this time
    Also me: Dammit
    Last edited by Kerguelen; May 19th, 2017 at 07:37 AM.
    the birds are back in town
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by lupusfur View Post
    I finally got round to watching Never Cry Wolf, which is a bit of a must for any wolf-lover.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    I seen never cry wolf about a bunch of times and yes it is a very much a wolf lovers movie as well as a movie for any wolf therian to watch.
    I just watched this a moment ago and tbh I didn't really "get" it. It didn't make sense to me. I realise what it's supposed to be about, and I've read a synopsis, but I didn't follow what was happening in the actual film. I think the main problem was that there wasn't enough dialog, most of the story is implied in the actions and events that take place, and I usually struggle to pick up on things like that. Also the little dialog that there was was difficult to hear what was being said.

I don't doubt that it could be an interesting film, but it didn't really make sense to me. Maybe someone could explain it in a bit more detail?
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Blog Entries

I went to the barbers today for a trim and the guy cutting my hair didn't trim how I wanted to and layered it to death so now it won't fan out like it did before. I was enjoying that too. It'll take atleast 6 weeks to get any closer to that again, good thing my hair does grow fast otherwise I would be way more angry than I am now.
    I could maybe straighten it into the right shape but that might be a bit obvious.
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^