Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Foods you like

It's that time of year. Slightly unripe fruit is readily available and I love it. I love when fruit is a little crunchy and very tart.

Well, I was sort of vegan for 6 months.. I think one of my favorite foods it turkey, though. I also love popcorn (Cut out of my diet), and mangoes. Oh, and seaweed!

I just finished eating romaine lettuce with mushroom, celery, sweet onion, green onion, and homemade dressing (Apple cider vinegar, grapeseed oil, agave nectar, and various seasonings).

I generally love all foods and I LOVE to try new foods.

Blog Entries

Fish and seafood, I LOVE fish and seafood. I have an unhealthy obsession with sword fish it's become a bit of a running joke with my friends. I went to a greek restaurant last October and ordered it and the whole night I was like SWORD FISH OMG SWORD FISH and according to one of them something "changed behind my eyes" and I scared them. XDDD

I love anything noodle and pasta. Likewise with swordfish I'm a little stuck on chilled somen noodles atm, the texture is really moreish and it's super refreshing.
    Gnocci is the pasta to rule all pastas.

I like fruit of most kinds, especially mangoes and granadillas. I get a little overexcited at fruit markets. =3

Pizza.
    Chicken wings.
    Ben and Jerrys icecream.

Actual legit Indian food, I like the British take on it too but tbh real Indian food is the best.

I have a habit of getting cravings and obsessions with certain food, right now it's somen noodles. A few years ago I became I little obsessed with beef jerky and my ex got scared and thought I was pregnant. xD Nahhh I just eat like I'm pregnant.
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Lopori View Post
    Fish and seafood, I LOVE fish and seafood. I have an unhealthy obsession with sword fish it's become a bit of a running joke with my friends. I went to a greek restaurant last October and ordered it and the whole night I was like SWORD FISH OMG SWORD FISH and according to one of them something "changed behind my eyes" and I scared them. XDDD
    I've only had raw swordfish in sushi, and I can't say I enjoyed it a lot. It was... edible, but not much more. But I've heard that swordfish is typically tastier when cooked?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    I've only had raw swordfish in sushi, and I can't say I enjoyed it a lot. It was... edible, but not much more. But I've heard that swordfish is typically tastier when cooked?
    It's amazing when cooked, I've never had it raw but I have had a medium cooked swordfish steak and the little bit of rawness was good.
    It's got quite a meaty texture but not dry and chewy like tinned tuna or anything.
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Lopori View Post
    It's amazing when cooked, I've never had it raw but I have had a medium cooked swordfish steak and the little bit of rawness was good.
    It's got quite a meaty texture but not dry and chewy like tinned tuna or anything.
    I might want to try it then, if I can find a restaurant that serves it. I typically prefer raw fish, such as raw salmon or tuna. And eel on sushi... So delicious! Is there anything you could compare the texture to? Like, is it similar to any other fish or meats? I'm really curious about how it's like when it's cooked!

I made broiled salmon once that was so good, I might just have to make it again. I had a salmon fillet (a month beyond the "use by" date so probably not optimal, but it was frozen so still okay to eat). I put it in a pan and covered each fillet with this mixture:
    Olive oil, basil paste, ginger paste, red pepper paste, soy sauce, butter
    Then I broiled it on the top rack at 500 degrees for 13 minutes.
    Then I coated the salmon with a cold sauce I had made out of an avocado, a tomato, two scoops of sour cream and a packet of Wendy's creamy sriracha sauce.

Also, I found these ramen packages that are kimchi flavored and holy crap they are good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen
    Also, I found these ramen packages that are kimchi flavored and holy crap they are good.
    Where did you find these I need these

Kimchi is so good

There's a local place who does grilled cheese sandwiches with kimchi. So tasty.

Lately I'm all about gourmet specialty pizzas (so much variety!) and deep-fried pickles. I'll also add barbecue and chicken wings and pulled pork and... way too much stuff to list. I feel like an obligate carnivore.

Whenever I get hired as a freelancer in the next few months, I'm losing weight on the Keto diet but also eating all the things, as long as it's carb-free, fatty, and/or meaty. Rare steak? Bring it on.

These things. Can be found at most stores around here. They say 3 minutes but they take 5 to cook adequately in my microwave. Of course, I also have a crap microwave, so there's that.

Blog Entries

I never get tired of fish, berries, or pizza.

Last thing I had was some Alaskan Pollock with some pineapple V8 to drink. Normally I have a stick of mozzarella cheese on the side with my fish, but I've run out.