Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You've been taken captive. How do you escape?

Default You've been taken captive. How do you escape?

Imagine you can p-shift into your theriotype. In animal form, you've been taken captive in some way (zoo, shelter, farm, pet store, etc. - make it something that's appropriate for your theriotype).

You can p-shift between human and animal form easily and freely with no restrictions except that it takes about 5 seconds, during which time anyone else can see your body change. When in animal form, you can communicate with other members of your species. When in human form, you have no abilities beyond those that you have in real life as a human.

How do you escape without revealing your ability to p-shift (either directly or indirectly)?

(If you have more than one theriotype, you're welcome to use it provided that it's interesting - don't get taken captive as a wolf and then shift into a bird and fly away, that's just boring.)

---

I'd probably end up at one of the wolf sanctuaries in the UK. (I'd have a pack at last and I've heard that their territory is quite big, so maybe I'd actually stick around for a bit...) I could probably shift into human form and sneak out while the staff are out feeding the rest of the wolves, but then they'd get suspicious if I suddenly disappeared (let's suppose that humans are overly suspicious of p-shifters). I have to make it look like I escaped through the fence. I'd head down to the fence furthest away from the buildings so that I'm away from the staff. I'll need the rest of the pack with me (you'll see why in a moment). Away from the staff, I'd shift into human form. In this form, I can work on taking down part of the fence. If one of the staff starts approaching, the other wolves will display appropriate behaviour and I'll have enough time to stop what I'm doing and shift back into wolf form. Once I've got part of the fence down, I can leave. As a bonus, I'd shift back into wolf form before leaving and try to tell the other wolves not to run away because it's safer for them to stay in the sanctuary, but I'm not sure if they would understand that and if it would stop them from running away too.
    Last edited by micheal65536; February 23rd, 2017 at 11:59 AM.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

As a robot dog, use metal teeth to bite my way out of my prison and then again to rip to pieces anyone who attempts to stop me. No mercy. Whoever captured me would undoubtedly be trying to dissect me to see what makes me tick. I'd probably be fighting for my very life.

If I got captured by human beings and put into a cage when I am in my wolf body and if those human beings have never heard of Therians, Then I am pretty much screwed on trying to get out, Seeing how I would be naked and have no tools or weapons to help me get out of there and if I where to change back into my human body right in front of them. Then I am pretty sure that they would freak out and run away, Also if they saw me do that then I am pretty sure that trying to beg them to let me out wouldn't work either seeing how ( Like what Wereaibo said ) They would try to dissect me or and try and hand me over the military where they can try and turn me into a weapon. So trying to get out of a cage as a wolf would be impossible and trying to get out as a human would be impossible without alerting people to what I am. Unless they stick me in a zoo where I could climb my way out of the enclosure that they put me in. That would seem my best bet and way of getting out of there without people seeing me shift from animal to human form.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; February 24th, 2017 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Seeing how I would be naked
    Oh yeah, I didn't think of that with my one... When I shift into human form I'm not going to have any clothes on... Theoretically it wouldn't matter since no one's supposed to see me in human form anyway, but it could be an issue once I escape.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Your welcome. I'm guessing may therians don't think about that when they change back from human to animal form. I guess they think that there clothes will always be with them no matter what but that's not true. Just watch the TV shows Being Human and Bitten. When those Wolves change back they don't have there clothes with them and sometimes have to steal other peoples clothes just to get around a city.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Your welcome. I'm guessing may therians don't think about that when they change back from human to animal form. I guess they think that there clothes will always be with them no matter what but that's not true. Just watch the TV shows Being Human and Bitten. When those Wolves change back they don't have there clothes with them and sometimes have to steal other peoples clothes just to get around a city.
    I haven't really watched any werewolf/transformation TV shows. The one show I did watch was Wolfblood. Being a kids show, they kind of just ignored the clothing part - when they changed to wolf form, their clothes vanished, and when they changed back to human form, their clothes reappeared. Maybe that's why I never really think about what happens to one's clothes when one changes form. (According to p-shifting websites, apparently one's clothes either tear or fall off.)
    Psychological therian.

Yeah, I don't know anything about P-shifting websites but I do know what I think would be right if we could shift and regarding what would happen to out clothes. I think that most werewolf movies and shows have got it right when it comes to one losing his or her clothing during a shift. I am sure that is what would happen in real life as it does on TV. I too have watched wolfblood. Its a pretty good show.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    when they changed to wolf form, their clothes vanished, and when they changed back to human form, their clothes reappeared.
    That's usually how it works in my dreams.

Anyway, ummmm...

I figure I'd end up in the Aviarios Del Caribe sloth sanctuary. I'd probably be let out of the cage regularly, but I couldn't exactly make a run for it without p-shifting in front of everybody. Also, it seems likely that if I can p-shift, then my physical state would have some correlation with my mental state. I can have pretty significant m-shifts under the right circumstances, so I think it's safe to assume I can't rely on having human level planning ability while in sloth form.

I think I'd still have enough sense to wait until nobody was looking and then shift to human form. That would likely happen at night, and I'd likely be in the cage. So... ummm..

It's occurred to me that there's a lot I don't know about the security there. I have no idea what it would take to get out of the cage. I'm going to assume it's locked and I can't just unlatch the door and walk out.

I suppose one option would be to just stay in there as a human until morning, and ask them to let me out. And then everybody would want to know what I'm doing there and why I'm naked and whether I had anything to do with the sloth that went missing the same night I showed up.

I'd rather avoid that.

Another option is to be human for an hour or two each night until I figure out how to get out. That could take a lot of nights. The simplest keyed lock I can think of is the one on handcuffs, and I can't even pick that. I have picked cheap combination locks, but I'm not very good at it (one time I just got unbelievably lucky, and the other time I followed complicated instructions which I don't remember now).

Sooo... let's just say that after a lot of nights I somehow get out. Now I'm naked in Costa Rica with no phone or passport, and I remember almost nothing from the 3 years of high school Spanish classes. I need to get a message to Kokorobosoi somehow. And of course I don't have his phone number memorized.

Maybe I can get to the U.S. Embassy somehow. They'd probably have a lot of questions though.

I do remember Kokorobosoi's email address. If I could somehow get access to a phone or computer or something, I could tell him the situation. Then I'd make my way to the Pacific coast, turn back into a sloth and live off leaves in the jungle for a while. Meanwhile Kokorobosoi would shift into dragon form and swim down to pick me up. I'd climb on his back and he'd carry me back home.

And then he'd angrily tell Aviarios del Caribe that they'd better not even think about stealing his sloth again.

I'd probably be taken to the zoo. The red panda exhibit has a chain link fence, and a wall with a door to the feeding box. While the humans were opening the door, I'd slip out and p-shift behind a bush and join the public. I'd walk right out the door, hidden in plain sight.

Blog Entries

I ask my captors to punch me in the face.

After they do so, I pull out a Kalashnikov and mow them all down.

If they ask me why I didn't just do so right away, I'll proudly tell them, ‘Russians are not aggressors.’
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.