Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Hey, Where is everyone.?
    Hey Hige, I've been really busy recently so I've not had much chance to come on. Hope everyone's doing ok.

    Daily Thought:
    I'm definitely the type of person who shifts regularly, but not intensely. I'm almost always in some sort of shift (if you can call it that), but I rarely get strong ones. I think this is likely a good thing, although it can be relieving to let my wolf side express itself every now and then.
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Paws View Post
    I'm definitely the type of person who shifts regularly, but not intensely. I'm almost always in some sort of shift (if you can call it that), but I rarely get strong ones. I think this is likely a good thing, although it can be relieving to let my wolf side express itself every now and then.
    I'm like that as well. I don't usually have clearly-defined shifts but rather I'm partially-shifted most of the time and the amount by which I am shifted varies continuously throughout the day. Sometimes I'm more strongly shifted than usual, and occasionally I'm hardly shifted at all (these are the times when I feel particularly human, and to be honest I don't really like them but fortunately they don't happen that often). I think it's called suntherianthropy, although I discussed it with a few suntherians a while ago and they seemed to think that what I was describing is not suntherianthropy (I'm not sure why they did not consider this suntherianthropy, because I thought this was more or less the definition of suntherianthropy, being on a continuous scale of shifting rather than having specific periods where one is "shifted" and "not shifted").

    I know what you mean by your last sentence, sometimes it's nice to have a strong shift. On one side I like having the wolf always present, but on the other side it can get a bit frustrating having it always there but never particularly strong. Sometimes I get a strong mental or phantom shift and I like these because I can experience my wolf side more fully. I sometimes wonder if I have fewer strong shifts than most therians because I'm always partially-shifted, although I think that this kind of therianthropy still has a lot of advantages like being more closely connected with one's wolf side because it's always there and being more in control of one's shifts rather than having sudden or unexpected strong shifts that prevent normal functioning.
    Psychological therian.

    "If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    I think it's called suntherianthropy, although I discussed it with a few suntherians a while ago and they seemed to think that what I was describing is not suntherianthropy
    I'm not entirely sure how I feel about terms like 'suntherianthropy'. I can see how they can have their uses, but I also feel that it can come across as needless jargon. Regardless, that sounds like suntherianthropy to me.
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The jungles of deepest darkest Stoke
    Posts
    993
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Paws View Post
    I'm not entirely sure how I feel about terms like 'suntherianthropy'. I can see how they can have their uses, but I also feel that it can come across as needless jargon. Regardless, that sounds like suntherianthropy to me.
    This community does seem to love its micro-labels, yet no one can agree on which ones to use.
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Paws View Post
    Regardless, that sounds like suntherianthropy to me.
    That's what I said to myself at the time. "Screw these people who insist on a particular interpretation of the term, I've read a few definitions and I know my own experiences and I'll use the term suntherianthropy if I feel that it applies to me." However I don't often use the term "suntherianthropy" to describe myself because as you said it seems somewhat needless. Sometimes I use the term in shifting discussions to clarify how my shifting experiences are different from most (e.g. "I'm more of a suntherian but my experience of phantom shifting is...").
    Psychological therian.

    "If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

  6. #26

    Default

    Here's my label:
    Cormorant.
    the birds are back in town
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

  7. #27

    Default

    *grows thin mustache because I haven't shaved in days*
    Ooh, I like the way this looks!
    Wait, society doesn't like the way this looks.
    I like the benefits associated with conforming to social norms.
    *shaves mustache*
    *society finds another reason to not like me*
    well shit
    the birds are back in town
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    *grows thin mustache because I haven't shaved in days*
    Ooh, I like the way this looks!
    Wait, society doesn't like the way this looks.
    I like the benefits associated with conforming to social norms.
    *shaves mustache*
    *society finds another reason to not like me*
    well shit
    You should see the hair on my face then. It's a bit like fur and I'm keeping it that way. Conforming to social norms is quite low on my priority list, and being comfortable with how I am is definitely more important to me.
    Psychological therian.

    "If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

  9. #29

    Default

    Half thinking about saying fukkit and letting all my hair everywhere grow out just to see what it looks like
    It's not like I'm exactly well-liked in the first place, might as well enjoy myself while they're off not liking me
    the birds are back in town
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    Half thinking about saying fukkit and letting all my hair everywhere grow out just to see what it looks like
    Probably a bit like this:



    Actually that's about 9 months out of date, it's actually starting to stand up more like a layer of fur rather than lying flat as in the picture.

    Also nobody's ever said anything about the hair. In fact I rarely ever get negative comments about anything, which is actually somewhat surprising considering how "odd" I am.
    Psychological therian.

    "If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •