Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Nope, I tried too move but my dogs where still at his house, So now I am back here and so no moving. Next time bring the dogs with me. I hate my life. Well I am depressed and pissed off, I'm going to go watch ED. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_jK4GWY8L4 If you are depressed and pissed off too then watch ED.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; December 30th, 2017 at 10:21 AM.

Decided to wait until later to pick up sardines at the store.
    Really craving sardines now and don't have any.
    Goddammit.

Blog Entries

I still haven't grown up. At work I was given yet another machine to play with. We drive out to the spot we have to drive it from, and I am handed the key. And it's a fucking BULLDOZER. I swear I'm like 12 years old when shit like this happens. I get a bulldozer to fiddle with, then I get to speed it down a gravel road for a good three miles, then I get to spend most of the day in it doing stuff. It was so fucking cool. I would never get to do shit like this as a teacher. And the previous couple weeks I spent messing around in a teleloader. And it never stops being hella fun.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Blog Entries

Got my car replaced today. It's the same model and even the same year, with about 22k more miles on it and a lot more superficial damange... plus what feels to me like somewhat worn shocks or something. I didn't haggle much beyond getting some short-term guarantees about some iffy things, because they were already asking for basically the lowest KBB value.

Nice to be mobile again, but I've got a lot of errands to run this week getting plates, emissions testing, and a repair/replacement for a recalled part (thankfully the manufacturer fixes that free).

Kerguelen shags! They were the first species of cormorant I found out about, and a partial basis for my choosing the username that I did (other basis of course being the archipelago, where the shags live). I could probably write all about my relation to this bird. But I just want to share this:

"Mated pairs of birds could potentially compete with each other for food. Differences in foraging behavior between males and females tend to develop to avoid such competition. Kerguelen shags form lifelong pairs. Camprasse et al. found that the male and female shags have quite similar foraging behavior, despite their distinct size dimorphism. Using a combination of geodata loggers and isotope data, the authors found that pairs generally foraged in the same places and at the same trophic levels, with only time of day separating them. This concurrence may have arisen because pairs choose mates of similar quality or perhaps pass along information about prime foraging spots during babysitting handovers."
    http://science.sciencemag.org/content/357/6357/twil

I can really relate to this bird.

Blog Entries

I discovered my ancestry as my family never really knew- and I was surprised by the results- majority from west and central Africa with small amounts from great Britain and Ireland- the rest is muddled and less than 5%. Who knew.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I discovered my ancestry as my family never really knew- and I was surprised by the results- majority from west and central Africa with small amounts from great Britain and Ireland- the rest is muddled and less than 5%. Who knew.
    I been thinking about doing that. I seen all the ads on TV for it and I thought maybe I should give a try. I always wonder where my ancestry is from.

Guyyyyys I miss Bluewing so much. Like I’m crying and it hurts.
    There was a point where we talked all day everyday for months. You know what stopped that?
    i got s stupid boyfriend who wasn’t even nice to me. But I stopped making time for Blue and then this happened.

I want my Gryphon back ;n;
    “When a dove begins to associate with crows its feathers remain white but its heart grows black” ~German proverb

"Suddenly, everything seemed as fragile as a moth's wing, as fleeting as a drop of dew" (482) Yellowfang's Secret

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsong View Post
    Guyyyyys I miss Bluewing so much. Like I’m crying and it hurts.
    There was a point where we talked all day everyday for months. You know what stopped that?
    i got s stupid boyfriend who wasn’t even nice to me. But I stopped making time for Blue and then this happened.

I want my Gryphon back ;n;
    I'm sorry to hear that. If your boyfriend isn't nice to you then maybe you should drop him because that kind of thing could always get worse for the girlfriend. Are you still with him.? Does Blue have any other friends you can contact to see if they can get a message out to blue that you want to speak with blue.?

Oh I broke up with my boyfriend in June. I’ve been on my own for months now...
    i found Blue has another friend searching for him/them but I haven’t successfully contacted that person yet tho I’ve tried.
    “When a dove begins to associate with crows its feathers remain white but its heart grows black” ~German proverb

"Suddenly, everything seemed as fragile as a moth's wing, as fleeting as a drop of dew" (482) Yellowfang's Secret