Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Blog Entries

daily thought?
    I like the layout of reddit, but I hate the upvote and downvote system. Nobody uses it as a means of 'quality post vs. not', it's just a 'I don't agree with this and am too lazy to post why *downvote*'. I never liked those type of things in a forum..
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

At least on some subreddits it hides the truly idiotic and/or bigoted things. Which is somewhat nice.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    daily thought?
    I like the layout of reddit, but I hate the upvote and downvote system. Nobody uses it as a means of 'quality post vs. not', it's just a 'I don't agree with this and am too lazy to post why *downvote*'. I never liked those type of things in a forum..
    Hit it on the head. This is why I hate reddit. It creates a culture of imposed consensus and stifles any kind of real discussion. I've had my reddit account for years and hardly ever bother posting.

Reddit culture in general is just pretty terrible. On subs intended for more serious debate and discussion, everyone tends to just default to brief paragraphs by other redditors that they have decided are wise, and never actually read anything aside from other reddit posts. Everyone just wants instant satisfaction. Not banging my head against that wall!

I don't think I really belong in these communities anymore. I don't identify as a cormorant or anhinga or what have you. Yeah, I get all those "shifts" and things, but I also get shifts into inanimate objects. I have just as much basis to "identify" as a desolate windy stretch of cold desert as I do any animal. Which is stupid.
    Last edited by Kerguelen; November 16th, 2018 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    I don't think I really belong in these communities anymore. I don't identify as a cormorant or anhinga or what have you. Yeah, I get all those "shifts" and things, but I also get shifts into inanimate objects. I have just as much basis to "identify" as a desolate windy stretch of cold desert as I do any animal. Which is stupid.
    Well you don't have to leave Werelist Kerg. You don't have to be a therian to be on here and even if you don't Identify as a therian anymore. I wouldn't want you to leave anyway. Your my friend. If you need help with anything, You can always ask me for help. Try and do some soul searching before deciding if you are a therian or not. good luck. Hugs.

Blog Entries

America isn't as scary a place as I thought. At least as long as you stay out of the bigger cities.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Blog Entries

America: Not As Scary As You Thought!

A slogan for our times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    America: Not As Scary As You Thought!

A slogan for our times.
    Ain't that the truth.

R, hope you're having a good time in the USA!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R Swan View Post
    America isn't as scary a place as I thought. At least as long as you stay out of the bigger cities.
    Where've you visited so far?
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I haven't really gotten around much. I'm here because I'm spending time with my fiancée—at her homestead in NC. That's where we've been spending the majority of our time!
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.