Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Default The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Enjoy your shiny new thread!

first

first
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

New thread, now there's a cormorant perched on it. Look out, when there's one cormorant, sometimes there are more.
    the birds are back in town
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

Blog Entries

*rolls around*

Daily thought:
    Cooking is actually fun! Then again, I've been watching food network and hgtv channels religiously nowadays.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

Watching cooking shows is what got me into cooking too.
    My WebComics: Black Tapestries + The Realm of Kaerwyn
    My Creative Group Writing RP: Kaerwyn

One of my main issues with certain (mainly younger and more inexperienced) therians is that they often have a lack of knowledge about their theriotypes. I think this is highlighted best with wolves, given that there already exists so much misinformation about them, and they're generally seen as being 'cool', 'edgy', and otherwise desirable theriotypes.

However, the way I think this should be dealt with isn't through hostility and frustration, but rather through constructive education. Again using wolves as an example, if people think they're a wolf therian and are into all the alpha, howling at the moon, starting their own pack, etc. kind of stuff, then educating them as to the reality about wolf pack structure and communication should take away that feeling of 'coolness' from them. If that happens, then they can either be honest with themselves and admit to their therianthropy being a phase/roleplay, genuinely and carefully develop a therian identity from accepting and relating to this information, or just ignore it. Of course, the only bad option here is the latter, and although it's probably the most common reaction, it's better than not attempting to reconstruct their views at all, or being hostile (leading to defensive dogmatism).
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Hey guys, I'm back from Wildwood Crest. I missed you all and I wish you guys where at the beach with me. So I will check back later. See ya.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    New thread, now there's a cormorant perched on it. Look out, when there's one cormorant, sometimes there are more.
    I saw a cormorant the other day and got way too exited since they are quite rare here. (Of course the fishermen think otherwise since they are loud and shit everywhere) I'd say let the cormorant invasion begin.

Ok, So I put in another Job Application. This time I put one in for the Howard Johnsons Hotel that is right down the road from my house. So lets hope that I can get a job this time. I have to go to the hotel tomorrow and talk to the people there. I hope I can get this job because I really need a job and money.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; August 16th, 2017 at 08:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Ok, So I put in another Job Application. This time I put one in for the Howard Johnsons Hotel that is right down the road from my house. So lets hope that I can get a job this time. I have to go to the hotel tomorrow and talk to the people there. I hope I can get this job because I really need a job and money.
    I wish you luck Hige- really, I do. I know it's been tough out there. -hugs-
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~