Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Here's a link to the Comedy Central thing. Unfortunately I could only find the audio.
    https://youtu.be/usbq2v5tYJo

Not sure if the video was made by comedy central but they featured it.

Edit: Woot! I found it. Check out this cancer.
    https://www.facebook.com/ComedyCentr...1533244772567/
    Last edited by Natsilani; April 30th, 2018 at 03:50 PM.
    "Of course it's in your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

Wow that's a gem....

It is obviously (mostly) satirical but the the underlying theme is still a problem. Misidentifying therianthropy/otherkin/furry among others as just a phenomena of special snowflakes really misses the depth of all of these groups. That and even if tongue-in-cheek, the comments section obviously showed that many did not take it that way, helping to justify the further marginalization of these groups. Most of the reaction was that we are all nuts and should be bullied to "toughen up". WTF? The problem with satire is it should be obvious that it is satire and this wasn't obvious to many people....sad.

That and obviously the mainstream still believes that therian/otherkin/furry can still be made fun of. Yep....great.

It feels like it was an actual call to bully people, just dressed up as a joke.
    "Of course it's in your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

Quote Originally Posted by Natsilani View Post
    It feels like it was an actual call to bully people, just dressed up as a joke.
    This...is exactly...what is wrong with the social framework of today. "Oh, I was just joking. All the chaos I caused was in jest. Oh, someone killed themselves from bullying? Well they obviously do not understand humor, ho ho." Bloody tragic, but hey, that's Darwinism, baby...and sarcasm, but would you know that if I had not specified? Who can say?
    "Nature forsaken...once admired by us all. Does it know we're scared...to move...to wake...scared to be...who we were?" -Eluveitie. "Home"

Blog Entries

Schrodinger's asshole. They can either be joking or serious, depending on who they're talking to.

For most of them, I'm convinced it's just plausible deniability.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Hey guys, I'm back. Had to get a new computer. The repair store said that it was going to cost more money to fix my old computer. Hopefully I can stay online with this new computer.

Welcome back Hige! Hopefully the new one works out well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    Welcome back Hige! Hopefully the new one works out well for you.
    Thank you but I am kind of home sick for my old computer. Maybe in the near future I can get enough money together to get it fixed. But I have to go get it from the repair shop. Hopefully I can get it back and keep it. Anyway, That's it for me.

Daily thought. I am a pissy B*** this week it seems, and I am also shifty as all hell. Makes being at work and trying to concentrate REALLY hard. The nice weather doesn't help. Been ages since I hiked I think that needs to be a priority this weekend!

That could be my wife's Mother's Day present, me getting the F*** out of the house! (Would be best for all involved when I am this way.....)

I just shaved all the hair off my body today and boy did I need it. Even if its a pain in the neck to do. I am sure that its even more of a pain in the neck for us guys to do then it is for a woman.? What say all of you.?