Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Thought - The 24th!

Blog Entries

This year...

Just.

This year. That is all. 2017 might be the strangest year of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Ok, So I put in another Job Application. This time I put one in for the Howard Johnsons Hotel that is right down the road from my house. So lets hope that I can get a job this time. I have to go to the hotel tomorrow and talk to the people there. I hope I can get this job because I really need a job and money.
    Good luck! Stay positive, demonstrate that you're willing to work, and be yourself! Let us know how you do; I'll keep my paws crossed.
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    This year...

Just.

How so? I mean, it has been pretty turbulent.
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    This year...

Just.

I have to agree. The year isn't even done, but as far as personal things- there have been many ups and downs (more downs), unpredictable turns as far as self discovery and as a whole, this year has been very overwhelming. There have been brief calm periods before the storms, though those calm periods have been extremely uneventful.
    I can't even say it's been a horrible year, but it hasn't been great. It lingers somewhere in the middle only because I'm moving on with my life slowly, but in a painful way.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Paws View Post
    Good luck! Stay positive, demonstrate that you're willing to work, and be yourself! Let us know how you do; I'll keep my paws crossed.
    I'm trying. That's all I can do. I applied to a new place right down the road from my house. So far nothing.

2017 is either the beginning of the good times or the beginning of the bad times for me. I'm seeing more opportunities, getting more skills, meeting more people, seemingly making more sense of myself...
    ...but then there's the nationwide horseshit going on right now, continued identity struggle, loneliness combined with a lack of attraction towards anyone available, political conflicts even with groups I used to support...ugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    *rolls around*

Daily thought:
    Cooking is actually fun! Then again, I've been watching food network and hgtv channels religiously nowadays.
    I love watching the cooking competition shows, though it's shown me I'd never be a decent cook.

Forever Running, RunningRed

Does anyone know if there are any therians down in Texas and how they are doing with all that flood water.? I hope that Somnia and her mate are doing alright. Hearts and prayers go out to all the people down in Texas.

I hope Somnia is doing OK as well. It seems to be a hit and miss as far as being affected down there. It has been really difficult to see the plight of animals there but at least this time (as opposed to Katrina) most shelters and many of the rescue folks are now more prepared that pets are part of the equation and are more ready for them. I know there are heartbreaking stories but there are also a lot of really amazing stories of survival and assistance as well. It is amusing to me that people who likely hunt deer are shown saving them from the water. As a wolf I feel I would be very much the same way, if I am not hunting you at this moment then you are a life that should be spared. It is both heartwarming and odd, trying to wrap my head around the idea that prey is not always prey, but I still like seeing that the best of humanity can show up on occasion. It should be note that the volunteer rescuers (some of whom died in the effort) rescued twice as many people as the "authorities". That doesn't count the numerous animals they all saved. Thank you, all of you.

On a side note this is a good time to mention the importance of microchips for your pet. Any pet. We just received a number of shelter dogs (and cats, rabbits, ferrets, and guinea pigs) here in the DC area from Texas. Basically, in the case of a disaster such as this, if your animal has no identification (lost it's collar etc.) unless it is chipped it will probably be considered a stray and shipped off to who-knows-where. Shelter dogs from Houston have arrived in Maryland and Oregon, just to name a few places. In theory these would all be current shelter or stray dogs but we all know thing happen and some have been separated from their families. A microchip would prevent that. And I get the whole big brother thing, I personally don't want a chip in me, but if the NSA REALLY wants to track our Great Pyrenees then have fun...I would take that to ensure that if the shit really hit the fan and we were all separated that there would be a chance we would find her again

To those affected by Harvey I wish you the best and hope that things are returning to normal. Good luck and take care!

Hey, Where is everyone.? I am pretty much alone here on werelist. Daily Thought: The comic book store that I go just order me the predator hunters comic that I wanted. YAY. Can't wait for next year because that is when the new predator movie comes out.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; September 5th, 2017 at 08:13 PM.