Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Hello I'm back after a bit of a hiatus. I had some issues with my wereside again but now that things settled down I seem to be a lion. One of the coolest shifts was when I was taking a bath and my mane shifted and I could feel it all in the water. I need to grow my hair out. Anyway it's good to be back and I missed all of you and I hope you're doing well.

Kerguelen that sucks, maybe the reason they know about it is because they can see it though. Like they have some kind of sight of something. If that's the case then maybe they'd be a bit more understanding. Although if that were the case it's odd they didn't mention it. Maybe you should update your web software or something I don't know. Hope things blow over or work out for you.
    Last edited by Vigilant; February 6th, 2018 at 10:27 PM.

Blog Entries

I keep forgetting to mention this here - last week I was walking in the natural area across the street from my apartment. I was taking a photo of some prairie dogs and when I looked up I saw a coyote pouncing around in the grass right in front of me! I stood and watched him hunt for a good 20 minutes, even getting a nice pounce on video. A little later I saw him actually catch his quarry - looked like a nice fat vole.

A couple people stopped to talk to me about the coyote. I was really pleased that all of them seemed to respect and even enjoy them (I am REALLY not used to hearing this attitude about coyotes from random passersby).

The next day I took my fiance for a walk in the same area and sure enough, we found the coyote again! It was awesome.

I went for an even longer walk with fiance yesterday, exploring more of that same open space. I really like the area myself - open fields with prairie dogs, a creek running through, some small ponds and little wetland areas, patches of trees and scrubs. It's the nice mix of habitats I really enjoy. Really awesome to see the coyotes like it too.

Anyway, after a good hour of walking around, we were almost back to the car when we heard howling. It sounded like it was just over the next hill, so I cut across to stand on top of a rise... sure enough, a goooood long ways away on the next rise were TWO coyotes. I definitely heard more than two, so there must be a few more out there. But I suspect this may have been a mated pair.

It was hard to see from so far away, but there was a larger, darker one, and a smaller, light, greyish one. They trotted around each other, crossed the walking path, and eventually dipped down into a draw.

Freaking awesome. It really makes me feel better about the more urban environment I live in when I get to be next to such awesome habitat and know that the coyotes are actually out there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R Swan View Post
    I am on the verge of adding horse to my already disturbingly sizeable list of theriotypes. My strong affinity for horses and their behavioural patterns doesn't have specific dysphoria attached that I can isolate, so until I have a better understanding, horse-hearted it is.
    Yeah..I'm on the opposite spectrum- on the verge of 'downgrading' my horse theriotype to just horse-hearted for a multitude of reasons. Still not 100% set on that though.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Nice! It is rare to find someone who likes coyotes.
    I've only ever heard them, never seen one.

Blog Entries

On land my phantom shifts tend toward swan, but my dream shifts and mental shift tend toward horse. But as soon as I'm in or near the sea, plesiosaur dominates everything. I was reluctant to accept anything but reptiles when I was younger, but horses were, through convoluted ways, what ultimately got me into draconity and later, as it would turn out, therianthropy.

Horses are ultimately deeply and intricately connected to my identity, kin/therian and otherwise, but I didn't want to ‘allow’ a type that was both mammal and domesticated (draft horse) because it didn't fit into a narrative I ‘wanted’. But it looks like you can only be a naysayer for so long before you become a neighsayer instead.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Ok well I'm back to being a bird. I'm not sure what happened, maybe there's some cat that's haunting me. Could be what happened to Kerguelen with the dinosaur. Maybe there's some "bird flu" or something going around. Anyway Vintage, I'm proud of you for making that decision. I've had my wereside adjust a bit and one thing I learned is that predators and prey don't mix. It's ok to have an attitude but that would confuse your base instincts so I think you made a good call on that one .

As a bird and an eagle I've often wondered if it's possible to crossbreed a golden eagle with a bald eagle. I mean they're both eagles right? What would it look like? What would it do? What would it eat? I don't know if it's such a good idea though, it could fly in circles deciding if it wanted a fox or a fish. Anyway just a thought.

Blog Entries

Today I found out my real life friend is a therian (although she is more acquainted to the furry fandom) But she's a therian! I felt nervous asking her about it. She's at an event right now so I didn't want to pester her too much, but I would certainly want more conversation on the topic. Gosh, I'm not even sure how to press on with such a subject. I just told her that she could talk about it anytime with me if she wants...not really knowing if she ever will. Well at least I found something out.
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Today I found out my real life friend is a therian (although she is more acquainted to the furry fandom) But she's a therian! I felt nervous asking her about it. She's at an event right now so I didn't want to pester her too much, but I would certainly want more conversation on the topic. Gosh, I'm not even sure how to press on with such a subject. I just told her that she could talk about it anytime with me if she wants...not really knowing if she ever will. Well at least I found something out.
    Hi Vin. That's cool. You should tell her to look up youtube videos on therianthropy. Ask her what she thinks about or feels about her animal side and see what she saids. How do you know she is a therian.? What has she said about it, If you don't mind me asking.?
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; February 14th, 2018 at 09:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Hi Vin. That's cool. You should tell her to look up youtube videos on therianthropy. Ask her what she thinks about or feels about her animal side and see what she saids. How do you know she is a therian.? What has she said about it, If you don't mind me asking.?
    I don't want to bombard her with too many questions, but she told me her theriotypes and how she was really expressive as a kid. She's a polytherian, like me. She views her fursonas as a part of her theriotypes- which some therians who are also furries do.