Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Blog Entries

Lately, I'm very annoyed with living my life in the city center as well as tremendously troubled by the body I currently inhabit.
    Life's never been this rough in a long time, and I feel sick, like hands down depressed when I think about the years that my life still holds in store.

Moving to the city center seemed like a logical option ten to twelve months ago, since my job will eventually relocate close to these quarters as well, but having moved now, I feel that it was one of the worst decisions ever. Not only have I become separated from my family, I also feel the walls closing in on me really fast.
    I'm isolated, a genuinely strange feeling when you rent a studio this close to civilisation, in the vicinity of so many people.

Right now, my longing for the wild has never been more pronounced, and the discomfort I have towards my human body is almost touchable. Does anyone else feel this way?
    I can't describe it more specifically: I would like to picture myself a forest to escape thereto in my mind and yet I can't.
    All I think about is the injustice of life's cruelty that has happened to me in the past. I never asked for an ASD diagnosis or compulsive behaviour to begin with, and yet I'm confronted with both these conditions, that are holding me back. There's a quarrel going on in my head, a war between wolf and human mindset, and when I feel that the human mindset is likely to win the argument, I'm almost inconsolable.
    How do I miss these days that I could at least have a bit of peace of mind? I'm highly imbalanced and the way it looks from here, it's not likely to change any time soon.

I wonder if this is in fact a therian thought or a groan. Let's just post it somewhere, doesn't matter where it belongs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Ferox View Post
    Lately, I'm very annoyed with living my life in the city center as well as tremendously troubled by the body I currently inhabit.
    Life's never been this rough in a long time, and I feel sick, like hands down depressed when I think about the years that my life still holds in store.

Moving to the city center seemed like a logical option ten to twelve months ago, since my job will eventually relocate close to these quarters as well, but having moved now, I feel that it was one of the worst decisions ever. Not only have I become separated from my family, I also feel the walls closing in on me really fast.
    I'm isolated, a genuinely strange feeling when you rent a studio this close to civilisation, in the vicinity of so many people.

Right now, my longing for the wild has never been more pronounced, and the discomfort I have towards my human body is almost touchable. Does anyone else feel this way?
    I can't describe it more specifically: I would like to picture myself a forest to escape thereto in my mind and yet I can't.
    All I think about is the injustice of life's cruelty that has happened to me in the past. I never asked for an ASD diagnosis or compulsive behaviour to begin with, and yet I'm confronted with both these conditions, that are holding me back. There's a quarrel going on in my head, a war between wolf and human mindset, and when I feel that the human mindset is likely to win the argument, I'm almost inconsolable.
    How do I miss these days that I could at least have a bit of peace of mind? I'm highly imbalanced and the way it looks from here, it's not likely to change any time soon.

I wonder if this is in fact a therian thought or a groan. Let's just post it somewhere, doesn't matter where it belongs to.
    *howls because I know exactly how you feel and I don't know what else to say*
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Ferox View Post

I get swings like ( Not mood swings ) that between my human side and my wolf side. Sometimes I feel like being and living out in the woods in a tent or in abandoned ghost town or building out in the middle of nowhere, But just as long as there is wild edible plants to eat and maybe even deer but I touched on this with Micheal. But I also like living in a big city like Some of the towns and city's in North New Jersey and also New York City. I love living and spending time in city's but there are times where I do get tired of it and want to go to the woods or even a park to stay in. So I wouldn't say that its more of a conflict with my human and wolf sides as it is more of being confused on what to do and where to stay and go.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; October 15th, 2017 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    I get swings like ( Not mood swings ) that between my human side and my wolf side. Sometimes I feel like being and living out in the woods in a tent or in abandoned ghost town or building out in the middle of nowhere, But just as long as there is wild edible plants to eat and maybe even deer but I touched on this with Micheal. But I also like living in a big city like Some of the towns and city's in North New Jersey and also New York City. I love living and spending time in city's but there are times where I do get tired of it and want to go to the woods or even a park to stay in. So I wouldn't say that its more of a conflict with my human and wolf sides as it is more of being confused on what to do and where to stay and go.
    Interesting that you mention this. I've spoken before about how I would like to live in the woods but I've got to say that sometimes human civilisation does kind of appeal to my human side. But I would always want to be able to return to the wild when I need to. So ideally we need to homes, an apartment in the city and a den in the woods. It can be very complicated having two different sides with conflicting needs...

Also have you seen Wolf Children yet? For some reason your last sentence reminded me of it and if you haven't seen it yet then I highly recommend that you give it a look, I think you'll enjoy it.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    Interesting that you mention this. I've spoken before about how I would like to live in the woods but I've got to say that sometimes human civilisation does kind of appeal to my human side. But I would always want to be able to return to the wild when I need to. So ideally we need to homes, an apartment in the city and a den in the woods. It can be very complicated having two different sides with conflicting needs...

Also have you seen Wolf Children yet? For some reason your last sentence reminded me of it and if you haven't seen it yet then I highly recommend that you give it a look, I think you'll enjoy it.
    No, I have seen wolf children yet, I been dealing with to much stuff to try and go out and buy it but if it comes on Netflix I will watch it. There are ways for us to have some what of both worlds where the animal side in us can run free in the wild and the human in us can have there civilization and the best way to do that is to buy abandoned places to live in. Yes, We talked about this before so I am not going to mention it again. But that can give us the best of both worlds.

So my front paw pads are getting thick enough that I can walk on outside surfaces (tarmac, dry earth, etc.). This is good, because while it isn't comfortable and I can't walk more than maybe 20 or 50 meters before I have to stop to rest (mostly from exhaustion actually rather than discomfort), it means that I can get more exercise walking outside rather than being confined to the house so I can get strong enough to walk further. I hope to be able to walk at least a mile on four legs within a year.

In other news, I've found that human claws do not need to be cut or trimmed and will break naturally when they get too long. I've stopped cutting my hind claws and I would stop cutting my front claws if mom would let me.
    Psychological therian.

Blog Entries

I haven't really been shifty all month which is odd to me..but at least I can conjure up some phantom shifts to entertain myself. I find the tail to be something easy to do. I miss feeling my phantom shifts- and I just haven't been paying attention to my therian-self this month.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I haven't really been shifty all month which is odd to me..but at least I can conjure up some phantom shifts to entertain myself. I find the tail to be something easy to do. I miss feeling my phantom shifts- and I just haven't been paying attention to my therian-self this month.
    I know what you mean. Personally I've been feeling very (read: dangerously) shifty the past few days/week but sometimes I get stuck in phases where I don't feel anything and it's quite frustrating and I kind of lose sense of who I am. But I agree, my wolf tail is probably the easiest part to "force" a phantom shift and sometimes this is enough to get me feeling shifty again. Focussing on my wolf side also tends to bring it back. I like feeling shifty, there's a narrow line between feeling empty and out of touch with my wolf side and feeling like the wolf is slipping out of control and taking over (in a bad way), and right in the middle of that line is the right place to be.
    Psychological therian.

I just found a little bit more of a spiritual meaning for me in Star wars, And it not just the Force but in star wars rebels where the crew of the ghost meet what I guess you can say is the spirit Wolf guides of the star wars universe. With the showing of the Loth wolf and how it and his pack have a connection to the force. It is kind of like what I seen when I first saw my animal spirit. When I first saw my animal spirit I saw him in a wooded area in my mind and there he was just sitting there looking at me and that is when I had my awakening as a therian. http://starwars.wiki.com/wiki/Loth-wolf
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; November 13th, 2017 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    I just found a little bit more of a spiritual meaning for me in Star wars, And it not just the Force but in star wars rebels where the crew of the ghost meet what I guess you can say is the spirit Wolf guides of the star wars universe. With the showing of the Loth wolf and how it and his pack have a connection to the force. It is kind of like what I seen when I first saw my animal spirit. When I first saw my animal spirit I saw him in a wooded area in my mind and there he was just sitting there looking at me and that is when I had my awakening as a therian. http://starwars.wiki.com/wiki/Loth-wolf
    A friend of mine just sent me a picture of the Loth Wolf about two weeks ago. I was very excited to see some positive wolf stuff in Star Wars finally! (Shistavanen notwithstanding, of course!)

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, The 10th Kingdom
    Seawolf = wolf/werewolf & mermaid