Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Well, according to Wikipedia, Yoko Kanno is still alive, at the ripe age of 54. She looks really good for that age too!

Anyway, Guess I should throw in a Therian Thought for the evening...

It is the Full Wolf Moon tonight! That's enough to make me feel very in tune with my Wolf self, not that I'm never not in tune with my inner wolf, but I'm feeling more excited than usual because of the symbolic name of the January Full Moon as well as it being the first of the New Year. Lots of interesting experiences to look forward too! : D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Somnia View Post
    Well, according to Wikipedia, Yoko Kanno is still alive, at the ripe age of 54. She looks really good for that age too!

Anyway, Guess I should throw in a Therian Thought for the evening...

It is the Full Wolf Moon tonight! That's enough to make me feel very in tune with my Wolf self, not that I'm never not in tune with my inner wolf, but I'm feeling more excited than usual because of the symbolic name of the January Full Moon as well as it being the first of the New Year. Lots of interesting experiences to look forward too! : D
    The moon was quite beautiful last night!

My therian thought:

I've been distracted by other things to give my kinside much mind lately. Nothing but petty arguments and the like. Although I can say one thing: I miss the ability to hunt. The knowledge of stalking prey and being able to bring it down with my claws.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

My dogs turned 62 and 68 years old this year and this wolf is 36 years old now. I am going to link a video on youtube I saw on how old dogs are in human years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzwnqnywwkY your dog's age in human years.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; January 5th, 2018 at 11:59 AM.

Blog Entries

Nice video Hige.

Therian thought:
    Last night I was oddly calm and feeling connected to my kinside. No shifts, but the calm that told me 'I know who I am.' I'd like to feel that more often.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Nice video Hige.

Therian thought:
    Last night I was oddly calm and feeling connected to my kinside. No shifts, but the calm that told me 'I know who I am.' I'd like to feel that more often.
    It's a wonderful feeling, I know. I get that too from time to time. It's nice you feel that way.

Had a dream that I reincarnated as a cormorant. I hope it actually happens.
    "Quoting yourself in your signature is silly" ~Kerguelen
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Nice video Hige.

Therian thought:
    Thank you. Oh my wolf, My dogs are getting older. Doggy Therian Thought: My dog Snow only eats 2 times a day but he poops a lot. Maybe its because he is getting older.? I don't know.

When you're writing a fictional world and realize all of your different species are basically anthropomorphic animals
    "Quoting yourself in your signature is silly" ~Kerguelen
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

Today I dubbed this meteorological demon a black spring (something of a working name, to be fair), where a day that should be around the teens and 20s is 60 degrees fahrenheit. It was bittersweet, as was much of my day. I have suddenly been sleeping nights from 7PM to AM. The 12 hour thing remains because when I went to a clinic to seek help for that, the discussion went from oversleeping to me being nocturnal, facilitated by my parents, and I spent the day staring at the floor, once again reminded no hope comes from family. After being dragged to bed at 7:30PM by my body, waking at 11 to continue my conversation with someone I did not finish responding to, (sorry, if you are reading this; this shit is new to me, as are the following feelings) before falling asleep again. I check YouTube for something to ease my restless mind at 7AM, and, when YouTube turned dry, I checked my ex's YouTube. She got an extremely noteworthy title in Elder Scrolls Online. Yes, I can raise her my pet CPR qualification, but she has her 2-year degree, and that is a losing battle I have interest in. I rolled over with her channel's soulless, unfelt, breathe on my back, and just then, a warm shadow embraced me in the night.

About 3 days ago, I met to discuss my completed internship. A tick set in. I said it is how my body fights sleep, of which I had too little, but it's original source has a bit more fur than I let on. The tick worsened; I dressed too warm for the ensuing black spring, and I began to pant, which I canned, and the tick protested. I spent the whole day fighting the not-quite-unfamiliar caged beast feeling before I got home and died in my bed at that strange hour again. I can not recall any feelings between now and then, but this old, beloved specter came to me after a moment of grief, I heard a song echo a voice I could not hear: "We really got to ramble; I can hear it calling me the way it used to do." The classic Led Zeppelin line that has gone years without being heard--chilling my stiff back as I write this--brought me from my bed to my toilet. Where do I go? How do I afford it? Will not my prison come with me? What must I leave behind? The latter seems like a hard thing to do, but I now recall the girl I left at 12, knowing she would never understand what I grew to be. My family will think ill of me, and I have nothing to prop myself up where I can not be found. I doubt I have the resolve to run alone even. I have tried to bridge the gap with those I trust, who think less of me daily.

This feeling may hold an answer to the loss of my shifting, but how do I respond pragmatically?
    "Nature forsaken...once admired by us all. Does it know we're scared...to move...to wake...scared to be...who we were?" -Eluveitie. "Home"

Blog Entries

I keep finding myself wanting to be able to shape-shift into either a dog or a werewolf, and it's getting distracting and annoying. Like, I know I want a distraction from being at school and stuck indoors, but this is not a good distraction.